You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FPL Draft Game

Allan

35 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

I was thinking it was 8 but I couldn't remember. Yeah, any more than 10 would just get silly. That's already 140 players. 

Sorry, 150. 

We had 10, then FowlersGod vanished, so his place was given to Moglet. I just can't remember if Moglet joined or not...

Anyone who hasn't yet joined the Draft Room, can you please do so ahead of the draft on Thursday evening?

I've set up the Draft Room ahead of time, so if you would like to join now, then please use the invite code below:

153207-41166

The updated details are below:

Draft Date: Thu 8 Aug 2019

Draft Time: 21:00

Draft Time Zone: Europe/London

Starting Gameweek: 1

Min. League Size: 8

Max. League Size: 10

Scoring Mode: Head-to-Head

Pick Time Limit: 90 seconds

Player Trades: None

20 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

Anyone who hasn't yet joined the Draft Room, can you please do so ahead of the draft on Thursday evening?

I've set up the Draft Room ahead of time, so if you would like to join now, then please use the invite code below:

153207-41166

The updated details are below:

Draft Date: Thu 8 Aug 2019

Draft Time: 21:00

Draft Time Zone: Europe/London

Starting Gameweek: 1

Min. League Size: 8

Max. League Size: 10

Scoring Mode: Head-to-Head

Pick Time Limit: 90 seconds

Player Trades: None

Just tell it how it is:

HURRY UP AND JOIN YOU BUNCH OF TWATS. 

45 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I’ll be ready for 9 but have no idea how the fuck this works. 

Exactly the same as the drafts we do on here. Snake draft, player 1-10, then player 10-1, etc...The FPL site will randomize the pick order.

All potential selections are assigned a draft ranking by the FPL site. Mo Salah is ranked number 1 pick, and so on and so forth.

There is a 90 second limit per pick - If you fail to pick within the time limit, then the highest ranked player available is automatically picked for you. You must have 2 goalkeepers, 5 defenders, 5 midfielders & 3 forwards, just as it is in the main game. (You are also limited to 3 players per club).

The only other differences are that there is no financial budget to worry about, and you don't have the double points captain dilemma.

4 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

Exactly the same as the drafts we do on here. Snake draft, player 1-10, then player 10-1, etc...The FPL site will randomize the pick order.

All potential selections are assigned a draft ranking by the FPL site. Mo Salah is ranked number 1 pick, and so on and so forth.

There is a 90 second limit per pick - If you fail to pick within the time limit, then the highest ranked player available is automatically picked for you. You must have 2 goalkeepers, 5 defenders, 5 midfielders & 3 forwards, just as it is in the main game. (You are also limited to 3 players per club).

The only other differences are that there is no financial budget to worry about, and you don't have the double points captain dilemma.

Are you sure about this? I'm fairly sure it was unlimited when I did a public one last year.

25 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

Are you sure about this? I'm fairly sure it was unlimited when I did a public one last year.

You're right. I've just read through the rules and there's no sign of limits to players per club.

Strange though, as all the mock drafts I've done had the limit.

36 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

Oh Rapey is playing then? 

Confirmed team names that have joined the draft league in brackets:

Dynamite (Deportivo Explosivo)

Stig (The Swiggers)

Alex (Alex K)

Dim (Ray Bloody Purchase) 

Lee (Lee909)

Elite 

No2 (No2)

John102

viRdjil

@Elite @John102 @viRdjil

If you haven't already done so, please try and join the draft league in advance of this evening's draft.

153207-41166

We'll be starting at 21:00.

@Lee909

Just replying to that other post here. If there's an odd number, the game will enter "AVERAGE" as an opponent every week, so it's not a huge deal if it comes to it. 

Can we get confirmation from @Elite and @John102 as to whether they're going to join? Reason being that I think @Dynamite would need to lower the minimum number on the draft from 8 as, if not, presumably the game won't allow it to even go ahead otherwise?

3 minutes ago, John102 said:

Im in. How does it work. What is the limit to spending? 100 million?

There is no limit. It's a draft - same type of format as we do in the usual drafts. But it obviously moves much, much quicker. You can always try a mock draft if you want to see it in operation. If so, go to the "New League" tab, and then "Join a Mock Draft".