You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FIFA Club World Cup 2019

Davelfc

Guest Pistonbroke
8 hours ago, beejay said:

I'm going to Qatar for the tournament and have tickets to both games. I can post up a report on the games and the stadium etc if anyone's interested? Won't be in Dave's league but I will do my best.

I actually believe that winning a World Club title will in future years be seen as massive, on a par with European Champions or higher in status. Not at the moment obviously but in 5 or 10 years - FIFA are already making plans to revise the format and turn it into a big deal. I'm desperate to see us win this title and I think the club and Klopp feel the same - although not at the expense of the holy grail this season.

Anyone else on the forum going? 

Don't get arrested, we'll never here from you again. 

I hope we win but our past performances in this or its other incarnations doesn't fill me with confidence. The South Americans are obsessed with this tournament and will going all out to win it. I'm sure Flamengo would rather win this than their national league. European clubs on the whole aren't as bothered.

7 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

I went the last one in Japan and if it was being played in a normal country I'd have gone to this. But I have to say I've zero interest in helping legitimise shitehawk states like Qatar (and Saudi last week for the boxing) by supporting the sporting events and teams they want to get involved in to wash away the image of the regimes they run. I want us to win and take it seriously, but frankly Qatar and FIFA and get fucked. 

This.

53 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

He's got the shits is my guess. He trained nearest to the toilets.

Not surprising, our players do tend to get the shits when they go to the middle east, wasn't it Virgil, Milner and Gini last year after the dubai trip? 

Fuck knows what they do to the food over there. 

On 16/12/2019 at 10:39, Barry Wom said:

I went the last one in Japan and if it was being played in a normal country I'd have gone to this. But I have to say I've zero interest in helping legitimise shitehawk states like Qatar (and Saudi last week for the boxing) by supporting the sporting events and teams they want to get involved in to wash away the image of the regimes they run. I want us to win and take it seriously, but frankly Qatar and FIFA and get fucked. 

Well said Barry. Its noticeable these Middle Eastern regimes are using sport (football,golf,motor racing etc) to legitimise their oppressive culture and it makes me sick. Hopefully the pressure and media coverage may force FIFA's hand in the future. I won't hold my breath though.

• Upvote 1