You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FIFA Club World Cup 2019

Davelfc

Proper fucking shitfest this

We will be lucky if we do t get more injuries. Loads of rain out there and they've decided one stadium isn't ready and every game is played at one stadium(said in post game press conference) on one pitch. 8 games in 11 days on one pitch. The final will take place straight after the 3rd place game. The pitch is going to be a fucking mess

Screenshot_20191214_202432.jpg

15 minutes ago, Elite said:

Should have just sent the kids. I'm all for us winning the competition but not at the risk of our first team players getting injured. The organisation is not fitting for elite level football clubs, so it should be treated as such.

That's what happens when FIFA value bigs bags of white washing blood money and bribes I guess. But then the Premier League, Ligue 1 etc can hardly complain when they happily allow the owners in. 

Nobody will be held to account. 

Well nobody bar the poor imported workers who didn't get the stadiums finished

• Upvote 1

I hope our lads have a lovely time, and nobody gets injured.

if they can also get themselves crowned as the best team in the world at the same time then that would be fabulous.

oh; and if leicester can take points of city while they are away doing all that, well, that’d be just splendid.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, alles ist gut said:

FIFA version of the official squad list

(https://tournament.fifadata.com/documents/FCWC/2019/pdf/FCWC_2019_SQUADLISTS.PDF )

Updated last night to remove Lovren and Brewster, and add Hoever and van den Berg; Elliott also still there.

Van Der Berg will never make it as a centre half, should try and get a job as an extra in Lord of the Rings.

I'm going to Qatar for the tournament and have tickets to both games. I can post up a report on the games and the stadium etc if anyone's interested? Won't be in Dave's league but I will do my best.

I actually believe that winning a World Club title will in future years be seen as massive, on a par with European Champions or higher in status. Not at the moment obviously but in 5 or 10 years - FIFA are already making plans to revise the format and turn it into a big deal. I'm desperate to see us win this title and I think the club and Klopp feel the same - although not at the expense of the holy grail this season.

Anyone else on the forum going? 

• Upvote 9

I went the last one in Japan and if it was being played in a normal country I'd have gone to this. But I have to say I've zero interest in helping legitimise shitehawk states like Qatar (and Saudi last week for the boxing) by supporting the sporting events and teams they want to get involved in to wash away the image of the regimes they run. I want us to win and take it seriously, but frankly Qatar and FIFA and get fucked. 

• Upvote 9

3 hours ago, beejay said:

I'm going to Qatar for the tournament and have tickets to both games. I can post up a report on the games and the stadium etc if anyone's interested? Won't be in Dave's league but I will do my best.

I actually believe that winning a World Club title will in future years be seen as massive, on a par with European Champions or higher in status. Not at the moment obviously but in 5 or 10 years - FIFA are already making plans to revise the format and turn it into a big deal. I'm desperate to see us win this title and I think the club and Klopp feel the same - although not at the expense of the holy grail this season.

Beats going to Villa Park I guess.   Have a good week

7 hours ago, beejay said:

Enjoy your trip - but IMO absolutely no chance this lark ever becomes a proper big deal.

5 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

I went the last one in Japan and if it was being played in a normal country I'd have gone to this. But I have to say I've zero interest in helping legitimise shitehawk states like Qatar (and Saudi last week for the boxing) by supporting the sporting events and teams they want to get involved in to wash away the image of the regimes they run. I want us to win and take it seriously, but frankly Qatar and FIFA and get fucked. 

Well put. Sums up my feelings on the whole thing too.