You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FIFA Club World Cup 2019

Davelfc

2 hours ago, viRdjil said:

I honestly couldn’t give a toss about winning this. Let’s use this as an opportunity to rest our best players. Start this team for both games:

Adrian

Hoever

Lovren

Gomez

Milner

Gini 1st game/ Hendo 2nd game

Keita

Shaqiri

Lallana

Ox

Origi

Hoever is currently not in the squad, that may change due to Lovren’s injury.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Do you think the version of the Club World Cup we're going to have in 2021 with 24 teams counts as a legitimate competition? 

It depends on how the 24 teams are selected.

The way it is today the trophy is a reward given to last year's winners of either the copa Libertadores or the Champions League. I'd compare it with the Community shield.

2 minutes ago, JustTosh said:

It depends on how the 24 teams are selected.

The way it is today the trophy is a reward given to last year's winners of either the copa Libertadores or the Champions League. I'd compare it with the Community shield.

Going to be pretty much the same, but using the previous 4 years, and adding the Europa winners too. 

45 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Going to be pretty much the same, but using the previous 4 years, and adding the Europa winners too. 

So from Europe it's us and Real Madrid from the CL together with Chelsea, Atletico Madrid, ManU and Sevilla.

No team from Germany?

No team from Italy?

No Man City? (arguably the best team in England last year)

No Barcelona? (arguably the best team in Spain last year)

World cup? Seriously?

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Barnesey said:

I'm bored with just being Champions of Europe; I want to be Champions of Planet Earth

Oh absolutely. If we don't win it then its just a money spinning side-show that only the elite get to play in. If we win it then its Champions of the Werld shouts especially over xmas when half of her family are blues. 

• Upvote 5

Guest Pistonbroke

Looks like we'll be playing the Mexicans, Monterrey. Currently 2-0 up against Al-Sadd after 50 minutes. Monterrey playing probably their strongest team and despite the scoreline it looks on Stats that Al-Sadd have been better. 

9 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Looks like we'll be playing the Mexicans, Monterrey. Currently 2-0 up against Al-Sadd after 50 minutes. Monterrey playing probably their strongest team and despite the scoreline it looks on Stats that Al-Sadd have been better. 

As dirty as reported? 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Lee909 said:

As dirty as reported? 

Just following it on Livescore mate. They've just got 2 yellow cards (8 fouls), Al-Sadd 3 yellows (11 fouls). 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, derykw said:

Brilliant effort by Ings off the underside of the bar. So unlucky

Fuck me, what's he doing at the Club World Cup.........