You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2020 Transfer Thread

Anubis

8 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

How much of his wages will we have ended up paying over the years? Probably wasn't on a great deal anyway.

I would estimate £2.6m.

10 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Grealish would have increase his work rate about a thousand times over to get into our team. In terms of his defensive contribution he's about as far away from a Klopp midfielder as you could get, and he's not getting a game in our front three either.

I wouldn't say he's lazy but it's true, he would have to get fitter to excel at a very top club.

I like Cantwell too, be fair. Norwich have a couple players that could make the step up because of their style of play.

8 minutes ago, moof said:

Neither of them have lallana’s work rate or off the ball ability. 

That's also a result of the teams they play for, to be fair. I don't know where to get km/game and sprints/game stats but I'd presume Cantwell does run a fair bit because he plays for a team that demands it. Grealish, on the other hand is given almost a free role so he's not running as much. Lallana of course playing under Pochettino and Klopp has always had to be very fit.

10 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Fuck buying either Grealish or Cantwell

Why block the path of Jones or Elliot. 

I'd rather those two have more opportunities than buying Grealish or Cantwell. I think Hoever and William's should be given a chance for the right back slot behind Trent. Hoever plays centre back for Holland as well.

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

Liverpool will not be one of the clubs Timo Werner considers when his £42.6m release clause comes into play. Werner already rejected the Reds last year, telling them “there is no space for me to play” due to the presence of Firmino, Salah and Mane. [@SJohnsonSport] https://t.co/jzdzbPKJfX

Our pitch is too small?