You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2020 Transfer Thread

Anubis

8 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

How is it related to winning the league or not? It's just transfer speculation. 

I know what it is, I know it’s the transfer thread but no one will be leaving this window. One of our front 3 may go in the summer, if they do they will be replaced.

I just want us to worry about the league even as fans, let the tabloids unsettle players and talk shite to sell papers, that’s what they do.

44 minutes ago, moof said:

Why are people talking about getting rid of our best players? Nothing better to do lads?

It would certainly be both unprecedented in football for it to happen, and a disaster we’d never recover from, such as when Coutinho left.

5 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I know what it is, I know it’s the transfer thread but no one will be leaving this window. One of our front 3 may go in the summer, if they do they will be replaced.

I just want us to worry about the league even as fans, let the tabloids unsettle players and talk shite to sell papers, that’s what they do.

I think most people were saying that, but saying some might want to go in the summer. Firmino will have been here 5 years then, mane 4. It wouldn't be a shock if we won the league or not if one of them said they fancied something new. 

Just now, Barry Wom said:

I think most people were saying that, but saying some might want to go in the summer. Firmino will have been here 5 years then, mane 4. It wouldn't be a shock if we won the league or not if one of them said they fancied something new. 

If anyone goes first I think it might be Salah. Hopefully they all give us a few more years, bed in younger players etc. The likes of Messi and Ronaldo are playing well into their 30’s, so they have time. They would go for less but they will have been well worth their value to us.

8 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

If anyone goes first I think it might be Salah. Hopefully they all give us a few more years, bed in younger players etc. The likes of Messi and Ronaldo are playing well into their 30’s, so they have time. They would go for less but they will have been well worth their value to us.

I'm not arsed about us cashing in on them, I just always figure a lot of these fellas don't like to hang around forever. Back in the day when we were good, we were always brilliant at knowing when to let players go while they still looked great but we're about to drop off, but these are different days and it is as much in the control of the players now. I don't think we'll get to pick. I think it'll be down to a player wanting to go and someone hitting wherever the valuation is at that point. As I mentioned earlier, I could easily see firmino going on till he's 35. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I'm not arsed about us cashing in on them, I just always figure a lot of these fellas don't like to hang around forever. Back in the day when we were good, we were always brilliant at knowing when to let players go while they still looked great but we're about to drop off, but these are different days and it is as much in the control of the players now. I don't think we'll get to pick. I think it'll be down to a player wanting to go and someone hitting wherever the valuation is at that point. As I mentioned earlier, I could easily see firmino going on till he's 35. 

If they stay on for another few years they will have repaid their fees many times over they’re that good. We were always good at telling when to move on players, nowadays it can be difficult as you know, player power, huge contracts that don’t go both ways. If a players wants out these days he will go.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

I could see it happening in the summer. He's been linked with them for a couple of years now and I'm sure Zidane has talked about him too. If he wasn't interested in going, I feel sure he'd have killed their interest by now. 

Didn’t he do exactly that just a few weeks ago? Signed a new deal and said he wants to finish his career here, didn’t he?

5 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Didn’t he do exactly that just a few weeks ago? Signed a new deal and said he wants to finish his career here, didn’t he?

I don't mean in the media. I mean his agent telling Madrid to fuck off. Those stories are there because they've not been rebuffed. All this signing a contract and cheap PR words of I'll be here for ever.... See Suarez or coutinho. 

3 hours ago, moof said:

I feel like Trent Alexander Arnold will probably want to sign for Everton in January, because reasons. Virgil will also go to VVV Venlo because of all the “V’s”, because why not like 

Venlo is shite though. It's got a great little record shop, an Irish pub and loads of wank coffee shops full of Germans. 

6 hours ago, moof said:

Why are people talking about getting rid of our best players? Nothing better to do lads?

What the fuck else are people supposed to moan about?! People can moan about our almost 30, which is only few years from retirement 27 year olds if they want. Leave ‘em be. They’ve been moaning for years, it’s a hard habit to break. 

22 minutes ago, redheart said:

Personally I think Salah will be gone in the Summer. I wont be too sad. I think we have seen the best of him and if we can get silly money then it makes sense

Only makes sense if we can improve the team with the money. That is never a given .