You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2020 Transfer Thread

Anubis

1 hour ago, M_B said:

I think Mane will go in the summer, particularly if we win the league. Can't see him going during this window though.

And in 2021, I think we'll have the same battle with Alisson.

Whatever happens though, we have Klopp at the helm. He'll find replacements.

I think we might sign Messi in 2022. Wow, didn't realise how easy this posting absolute complete and utter unfounded based on zero logic bollocks was.

20 minutes ago, etho said:

I think we might sign Messi in 2022. Wow, didn't realise how easy this posting absolute complete and utter unfounded based on zero logic bollocks was.

Its a chat forum. Chatting bollocks is the point, otherwise this would be a dull place.

Messi would be 34 in 2022 and FSG would never agree to the deal. Madrid on the other hand could offer us a bag load of cash and its not beyond the realms of anyone's imagination to think Mane might want to have a go in Spain, particularly after he's won everything there is to win with Liverpool.

• Upvote 1

None of them will be sol until the club deem them surplus to requirements. We are back to being a final destination for players rather than a stepping stone and we can now tell the Spanish clubs to fuck off which is what I expect Edwards to do. 

RM: We would like to sign Mane

Edwards: Ok our value is £400m or fuck off.

ZZ: I love Mane and think hell be great for RM

Edwards: I love £400m as well and that isn't happening either so fuck off.

• Upvote 1

Mane or Salah out - Sancho and Werner in

Wouldn't want to lose anyone and as i said before i think Salah is the one most likely to go but full faith the club would rinse whoever on the fee and have a couple of players they like to come in

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

Well hopefully minamino is step one on that. And I don't think it's unreasonable to have one eye on Harvey elliot. And firmino could probably go to he's 35, he reminds me a lot of Zola. I don't think there's any need to panic right now. 

Was thinking similar. If those two do come good, their low fees probably allow at least one of the front lads to see out their contracts here, making the transition relatively seamless.

Won’t be all 3 though, and my money is on Mo providing much of the funds for a Sancho or Mbappe, either this summer or next.

4 hours ago, Elite said:

You don't sell your best players. Simple as that.

It's definitely not as simple as that. We have 3 players up front of similar quality and importance who are all approaching 30. We aren't reliant on only one of them and so, if we win the league this season, it's the smart long term decision to start gradually thinking about replacing them and that could mean selling one of them, replacing him and then maybe the next year selling a second one and replacing him, etc... 

There's also a possibility they will want a new challenge. 

50 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Mane or Salah out - Sancho and Werner in

Wouldn't want to lose anyone and as i said before i think Salah is the one most likely to go but full faith the club would rinse whoever on the fee and have a couple of players they like to come in

I don't think we'll get to pick who goes. I think it will be a willing buyer/willing player scenario and then it's a question of making the buyer match our valuation. As someone else mentioned, as coutinho showed, they can all go if they want. 

42 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Was thinking similar. If those two do come good, their low fees probably allow at least one of the front lads to see out their contracts here, making the transition relatively seamless.

Won’t be all 3 though, and my money is on Mo providing much of the funds for a Sancho or Mbappe, either this summer or next.

Maybe we'd go for sancho, but I never see us laying out the money required for mbappe. I said on here a few weeks ago, but I'm not fussed on Sancho myself. Might just be the limited viewing I've had of him, but he never looks great to me. I know he has decent numbers and all that, I just don't think he looks great. 

33 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's definitely not as simple as that. We have 3 players up front of similar quality and importance who are all approaching 30. We aren't reliant on only one of them and so, if we win the league this season, it's the smart long term decision to start gradually thinking about replacing them and that could mean selling one of them, replacing him and then maybe the next year selling a second one and replacing him, etc... 

There's also a possibility they will want a new challenge. 

I get that and agree but we should do it on our terms not in reaction to Madrid/Barca bullying is like they have in the past.

Of the three only Firmino has the classic "would always want to go cuz he is Hispanic" excuse.

Not sure Barca or Real hold much sway at this point in terms of being better options to win trophies. 

Reality is, in three years - I would rather figure out a way to transition Klopp to a DoF role and keep him at the club than any of these fellas.

12 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Of the three only Firmino has the classic "would always want to go cuz he is Hispanic" excuse.

Not sure Barca or Real hold much sway at this point in terms of being better options to win trophies. 

Reality is, in three years - I would rather figure out a way to transition Klopp to a DoF role and keep him at the club than any of these fellas.

I'm not sure it's just a question of that though is it? You don't have to spend long in England, especially if you're from somewhere with a better climate, to wish you'd sooner live somewhere warmer and drier. These are ridiculously wealthy men, with tons of talent and can go anywhere. And they'd think enough of their own talents to believe if they joined a Real or Barca they could turn them into European champions again. They also don't just have to think of themselves, I would guess they have families too as all these lads seem to settle down early. Without checking , I would also imagine this is the longest all 3 of them have remained in the one place and they might just be ready to live somewhere new. 

• Upvote 1