Quantcast
January 2020 Transfer Thread - Page 24 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Anubis

January 2020 Transfer Thread

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Bruno Fernandes has signed a new contract at Porto. Another one off the table.

Pretty dodgy signing a deal with Porto seeing as he's a Sporting player

 

We were never signing him amyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Bruno Fernandes has signed a new contract at Porto. Another one off the table.

Didn’t even know he signed the old one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Staying at my wife’s relatives place in Devon tonight. The husband is a big Leeds fan, so I watched the game with him this evening. Ben White looked good but wasn’t really tested much. Reading spent all game defending, Leeds had all the ball and most of the time they didn’t really know what to do with it. One player who really impressed me was their DM; Kalvin Phillips. He looked quality. Looked real strong defensively, as well as a good passer of the ball, spraying the ball about from deep. One to keep an eye on.

Scum are linked with Phillips

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Pretty dodgy signing a deal with Porto seeing as he's a Sporting player

 

We were never signing him amyway

Ok, Sporting. It was late. I was tired.

 

Git.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sancho is starting to get a bad reputation for his behaviour. I don't think we'll be in for him. Maybe premature but if we're signing a teenager for huge money, I think I'd rather Haaland. Even with Sancho producing in a big league and being more proven. I'm getting #badvibes from him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Sancho is starting to get a bad reputation for his behaviour. I don't think we'll be in for him. Maybe premature but if we're signing a teenager for huge money, I think I'd rather Haaland. Even with Sancho producing in a big league and being more proven. I'm getting #badvibes from him.

I've not seen much of Haaland apart from the game against us which he briefly played, I thought he was more of an old school no9?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Elite said:

I've not seen much of Haaland apart from the game against us which he briefly played, I thought he was more of an old school no9?

He is and I'm not gonna pretend like I've seen loads of him either, but I think he's talented enough that he'd be a good change of pace to our current tactic. You can't teach his size, power and speed. He's huuuge and he's a killer in front of goal. You don't bury teams in the Champions League at his age like he's done and not have something special.

 

Salzburg are also not dissimilar tactically to what Klopp preaches.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Elite said:

I've not seen much of Haaland apart from the game against us which he briefly played, I thought he was more of an old school no9?

I just came

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a decent comparison for Haaland is Lukaku with a better first touch. You put him the box with our full backs supplying the service and it would be a killing spree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Firmino has dried up lately with the goals, so it would be brilliant to have another option when hes having off games, but Origi could be used more to i guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He is and I'm not gonna pretend like I've seen loads of him either, but I think he's talented enough that he'd be a good change of pace to our current tactic. You can't teach his size, power and speed. He's huuuge and he's a killer in front of goal. You don't bury teams in the Champions League at his age like he's done and not have something special.

 

Salzburg are also not dissimilar tactically to what Klopp preaches.

Yeah he's been pretty sensational for such a young lad, not sure what Salzburgs finances are like but imagine they are fairly comfortable due to the Red Bull affiliation but then again I know fuck all about how that works. Do they own the teams, in partnership with or just having naming rights etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Funkasy said:

Firmino has tried up lately with the goals, so it would be brilliant to have another option when hes having off games, but Origi could be used more to i guess.

I reckon give him a run as a no 10 behind Salah... With Shaq on the right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Funkasy said:

Firmino has dried up lately with the goals, so it would be brilliant to have another option when hes having off games, but Origi could be used more to i guess.

Yeah, he needs get back on it. I fully understand what he contributes to the team as an whole but you really need your forwards chipping in. Maybe bang him a 50k goal bonus, seemed to work last time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Elite said:

Yeah he's been pretty sensational for such a young lad, not sure what Salzburgs finances are like but imagine they are fairly comfortable due to the Red Bull affiliation but then again I know fuck all about how that works. Do they own the teams, in partnership with or just having naming rights etc?

They'll definitely sell him soon even if they're comfortable financially. Due to playing in a weak league, they're a stepping stone club. I just hope he doesn't go to Leipzig. Or United.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 3 Stacks said:

They'll definitely sell him soon even if they're comfortable financially. Due to playing in a weak league, they're a stepping stone club. I just hope he doesn't go to Leipzig. Or United.

Yeah I get that, can see the Mancs going big on him of they can't get kane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll be honest, I don’t like his face. I don’t like the circus around him. He may well turn out to be a fantastic striker but I’d be looking elsewhere 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Elite said:

Yeah he's been pretty sensational for such a young lad, not sure what Salzburgs finances are like but imagine they are fairly comfortable due to the Red Bull affiliation but then again I know fuck all about how that works. Do they own the teams, in partnership with or just having naming rights etc?

Red Bull own the teams, so not short of a penny. The asking price for Haaland is going to be upward of £50m. I see some of the tabloids quoting £75m, which is a little far fetched in my opinion.

 

The lad's a unit and a promising talent, but you have to put his incredible season so far into context. He's playing for the best side in a weaker league. I don't doubt he has the ability to play at the Premier League level though.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need to see if Haaland can produce with Salzburg over a longer period before judging whether he could be a future signing for us. He's getting similar rave reviews to Kasper Dolberg, who was tearing shit up at Ajax a couple of years ago. Dolberg was getting linked with all the big clubs too but after a mediocre couple of years, he joined Nice in France in the summer for a lot less than the figures being touted when PL clubs like ourselves were linked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Need to see if Haaland can produce with Salzburg over a longer period before judging whether he could be a future signing for us. He's getting similar rave reviews to Kasper Dolberg, who was tearing shit up at Ajax a couple of years ago. Dolberg was getting linked with all the big clubs too but after a mediocre couple of years, he joined Nice in France in the summer for a lot less than the figures being touted when PL clubs like ourselves were linked.

Agree it's a risk, but any time you buy someone his age, you're taking a gamble on potential and if you don't jump the gun and take a chance, someone else will take him.

 

I think just by eye, he's way better than Dolberg. Just way more dominant/physically imposing. He's a kid bullying grown men. And not just in Austria. In Europe too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We really need someone with an extra goal threat off the bench. Origi (for all his important goals) isn't reliable. If god forbid one of our front 3 get a long term injury we will really struggle relying on Origi. 

 

Not sure a 'wondered' is the answer in January. We need a proven goalscorer - match winner who would fit our style. 

 

Son. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we're looking to bring in a striker who is different to what we have now, who could make an impact from the bench or as a rotational option, then Wout Weghorst at Wolfsburg is worth a look.

 

A 1 in 2 striker throughout his career in Holland and Germany, he's got a Peter Crouch vibe about him.

 

With the number of crosses we get into the box these days, having an option from the bench like Weghorst makes perfect sense to me. At 6'5" he'd give most centre backs a run for their money in the air, but like the aforementioned Crouchy, Wout is also more than capable with the ball at his feet.

 

27 years old, Dutch international and has previously stated that it is his dream to play for us.

 

Like Salzburg, Wolfsburg don't need to sell as they too are not short of money, but I reckon Weghorst could be had for somewhere in the region of £30m.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

We really need someone with an extra goal threat off the bench. Origi (for all his important goals) isn't reliable. If god forbid one of our front 3 get a long term injury we will really struggle relying on Origi. 

 

Not sure a 'wondered' is the answer in January. We need a proven goalscorer - match winner who would fit our style. 

 

Son. 

Son is just unrealistic. And he's a 100m player at this point. And the best time to bring in a young player is precisely in January when there's extra time to adapt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×