Quantcast
January 2020 Transfer Thread - Page 22 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Anubis

January 2020 Transfer Thread

Just now, Doctor Troy said:

Liverpool are “genuinely interested” in signing Leeds United centre-back Ben White to add depth to the defence. The 22-year-old is currently at Elland Road on loan from Brighton. [The Athletic] https://t.co/HWpQd9pDOZ

We're a bunch of racists. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Liverpool are “genuinely interested” in signing Leeds United centre-back Ben White to add depth to the defence. The 22-year-old is currently at Elland Road on loan from Brighton. [The Athletic] https://t.co/HWpQd9pDOZ

Good. I'm a big Ben White guy.

3 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Have you seen him play?

Absolutely not, watching the Championship is beneath me. That being said, a player who is English, in their early 20's with any kind of ability is going to be a good investment. And concerning his ability, yeah it's the Championship, but Leeds supporters have said he's basically a cross between Jesus Christ and Martin Luther King Jr. That's good enough for me.

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Absolutely not, watching the Championship is beneath me. That being said, a player who is English, in their early 20's with any kind of ability is going to be a good investment. And concerning his ability, yeah it's the Championship, but Leeds supporters have said he's basically a cross between Jesus Christ and Martin Luther King Jr. That's good enough for me.

I think he is nailed on to fail and I am Selma wrong.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Did you have a semi-permed scal mullet? 

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yea man, loose curl. Had a bit of a Stray Cats feel about.

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to hear if Howie is Cloggys long lost dad.

"You were only going out for ciggies lid, that was 30 odd years ago."

Ben White will be quality, whether that’s with us or another club he’ll become a very good player, good defender who’s excellent on the ball, I’m not surprised that the club are looking at him, he reminds me a lot of Agger without the injuries. 

If the price is right hes defo worth bringing in.

• Upvote 1

Not seen him play but with any luck we've finally decided that having three injury prone centre backs that can't get a prolonged run in the team is a shite idea. 

• Downvote 1

Think we are really seeing a lack of number 10/wide attacker. One injury to Mane or Salah and we are pretty short of numbers. 

Not sure who you'd get in January. 

Maybe one of the Ajax guys like Neres, Promes or Ziyech would be getable 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Think we are really seeing a lack of number 10/wide attacker. One injury to Mane or Salah and we are pretty short of numbers. 

It would have to be from a team that aren't fighting for anything and who aren't threatened by relegation, or else fees become astronomical. Think you only get an Ajax player if they're eliminated from the Champions League. 

I didn't think we needed anyone last winter but this season we have to keep our edge in the league pretty much at all costs. 

I heard the other week from a Dutch journo on a podcast that he thinks they'd let the manager go to Bayern. Theyd expect to win the title either way. They're not winning the champions league this year, that chance has gone. I think if they dropped into the Europa they'd actually know they could win it. 

Be hard to get anyone I can think of in January. I really think we are short of one player wide. But I doubt we will spend

7 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Shaq is bacq 

Just now, viRdjil said:

Shaq is bacq 

I think we have seen enough over the year that Klopp doesn't really trust him that much. 

If we've got money to spend in January and Herr Klopp wants to bring someone in, then I hope that someone is Havertz.

Leverkusen are comfortably a mid-table side in the Bundesliga, and are likely to be playing in the Europa League at best come the new year.

Havertz brings youth, versatility and massive potential for the immediate future and for the longer term. Young enough to be rotated, but also good enough to play in the side week in week out if needed.

• Upvote 2