Quantcast
January 2020 Transfer Thread - Page 19 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Anubis

January 2020 Transfer Thread

6 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Fabinho is too. It doesn’t matter if they read the game well.

Fabinho isn’t slow. Neves can barely run. He just wouldn’t be able to do pretty much any of the things required of a Klopp midfielder. 

On 12/11/2019 at 08:07, viRdjil said:

If we we want a midfield controller type I’d rather we go for Lewis Cook. A real tidy footballer. Such a perceptive passer of the ball.

I watch very little football other than Liverpool games, but how is the kid Brooks doing at Bournemouth. Saw him in the Cabaro Cup against Chelsea last season (I think) and he was very good. 

30 minutes ago, Mcfaggen said:

I watch very little football other than Liverpool games, but how is the kid Brooks doing at Bournemouth. Saw him in the Cabaro Cup against Chelsea last season (I think) and he was very good. 

Hasn’t played this season.

Guest Pistonbroke
On 11/11/2019 at 23:22, Reckoner said:

Ok I’m pissed bit we need to buy Neves from wolves. He is fucking amazing 

Not for me. He loses the ball in key areas and blows very hot and cold as far as his overall performances go. It's a good job he chips in with a wonder strike every now and again as otherwise he'd be dropped more. He's scored two great goals this season, apart from that I can't remember any assists or great performances from him. 

Eriksen is the perfect player for us. An elite passer of the ball, a work horse without the ball. He can play AM, CM, LW, RW. Get it done Jurgen.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

He'd cost way too much (wages) and looks half arsed these days. Ok, that could be down to him wanting to leave Spurs, doesn't bode well when Klopp wants team players who'll fight for each other. 

A couple of years ago I would have said there is no way Spurs would sell to us -- now I think the gulf between the clubs is great enough so they probably would. The only way we get him is to throw some cash their way in January. Otherwise he is certain to sign a pre with a team abroad.

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

He'd cost way too much and looks half arsed these days. Ok, that could be down to him wanting to leave Spurs, doesn't bode well when Klopp wants team players who'll fight for each other. 

He does have a little strop in him, could see that changing in a different team dynamic.

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, TheHowieLama said:

He does have a little strop in him, could see that changing in a different team dynamic.

I suppose it could, but would it be worth the hassle if it didn't pan out that way? He'll be looking for big wages, hence the fact he's run his contract down. I get the feeling he has his eyes set on a European giant rather than staying in the Uk anyway. 

11 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I suppose it could, but would it be worth the hassle if it didn't pan out that way? He'll be looking for big wages, hence the fact he's run his contract down. I get the feeling he has his eyes set on a European giant rather than staying in the Uk anyway. 

He’s run down his contract because he’s been wanting to leave for a while now. He’s the ‘lock pick’ we need IMO. He’s on £75k a week now I’ve read. Double that he’d still be on significantly less than Salah. 

Guest Pistonbroke

No doubting the lads ability when he can be arsed, not sure he's the type of player Klopp would be looking at. 

Eriksen would make sense on a free in the summer but I think there are other clubs who would be willing to offer him a greater salary. There's no way we should pay a big transfer fee for a 28 year old.

10 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

How old was James Milner when people were raging about us giving him a £165k p/w contract?

Didn't say wages, I said transfer fee. It's perfectly fine to supplement a strategy of signing young players by signing experienced players on free transfers and paying them big wages if they're good enough and the fit with the team is good.

To answer your question, I think Milner was 29.

58 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

tenor.gif

14 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Didn't say wages, I said transfer fee. It's perfectly fine to supplement a strategy of signing young players by signing experienced players on free transfers and paying them big wages if they're good enough and the fit with the team is good.

To answer your question, I think Milner was 29.

I don’t disagree. I’d be happy with us offering Eriksen the same terms next summer. 

34 minutes ago, Grinch said:

I wouldn't be too arsed still being at that club if I had to look at the cunt who banged my missus everyday either 

Is he still banging her every day now?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

He wants to play for Real Madrid.

We don't want anyone who lacks ambition. 

• Upvote 2