Quantcast
January 2020 Transfer Thread - Page 17 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Anubis

January 2020 Transfer Thread

As expected, Norwegian newspaper VG couldn't resist following up on the Berge story, and promptly asked Klopp about his supposed comments in an interview this week. Klopp reiterated that he thought Berge was "a good player, a very good player. He's interesting for sure"*. He wasn't as happy that what he had said to Berge had been caught in the media though. "What I say to players after games should stay private. That's how I look at it. I can't change how other people relate to it"*

*Loosely translated from Norwegian to English

Genk's sporting director has also been approached. Although he declined that there had been any serious interest in Berge, he stressed that the club had a job on their hands to keep the player.

In summary, a transfer to Liverpool now is unlikely despite the media-driven bollocks, but I think it's fair to say that we will be keeping tabs on the player.

Watching MOTD2, Adama Traore is rrrreally hitting form at , against Villa he was simply unplayable. Might be worth looking at.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, viRdjil said:

Watching MOTD2, Adama Traore is rrrreally hitting form at , against Villa he was simply unplayable. Might be worth looking at.

For which position? 

22 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Any of the wide attacking positions in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.

He's been playing Wong back for them for Ankit of the season hasn't he? His numbers are shite though aren't they?

I'm a big Adama Traore guy but we're talking about a big fee now. Too big for what he is, which is a dangerous sub you bring off the bench. The time to sign him would've been when he was leaving Boro. 

16 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

He's been playing Wong back for them for Ankit of the season hasn't he? His numbers are shite though aren't they?

Yeah he hasn’t been a consistent goal scorer but he’s got all the tools to be a very dangerous forward IMO. Goes past players like they’re not there every game.

Yeah he hasn’t been a consistent goal scorer but he’s got all the tools to be a very dangerous forward IMO. Goes past players like they’re not there every game.

I thought the book on Traore was that he was a bit thick (football speaking)?

Hardly what you need to fit into Klopp's tactical system I would have thought.  We could use a back up pacy wide player though.

5 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Hardly what you need to fit into Klopp's tactical system I would have thought.  We could use a back up pacy wide player though.

I don’t really watch him every game so you might be right. 

I don’t really watch him every game so you might be right. 

I've barely seen him play this season, so just going by the word on the interwebs.   It was more a question than a comment.

4 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

He is

He would be shite fir us. Teams sit deep and don't push on so what use would he be. He's still thick as fuck and often overruns the ball. A MOTD/Highlight package player. 

He's got 2 goals, 3 assists in 23 games this year. According to his wiki page. Wolves don't even trust him to start in European games. 

He's as likely to run the ball out of play than do something decent 

5 hours ago, Lee909 said:

He would be shite fir us. Teams sit deep and don't push on so what use would he be. He's still thick as fuck and often overruns the ball. A MOTD/Highlight package player. 

He's got 2 goals, 3 assists in 23 games this year. According to his wiki page. Wolves don't even trust him to start in European games. 

He's as likely to run the ball out of play than do something decent 

Only scores against mid table defences.

9 hours ago, viRdjil said:

I think loads of players do that. It's all about end product though.