You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2020 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Big News On Havertz And Sancho Liverpool Moves.

Havertz was quality adapting with ease and making himself the starting attacking midfielder within months so we should definitely sign him. Sancho was very good but stayed mostly an impact sub and the little bugger snuck clauses in to his contract that made him the clubs highest earner after 20 apps. I'd steer clear for now. I now live in dread of the second season as I expect the transfer fee add ons to kick in. I think I'll flip Origi and bring in Werner so stay tuned.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

Big News On Havertz And Sancho Liverpool Moves.

Havertz was quality adapting with ease and making himself the starting attacking midfielder within months so we should definitely sign him. Sancho was very good but stayed mostly an impact sub and the little bugger snuck clauses in to his contract that made him the clubs highest earner after 20 apps. I'd steer clear for now. I now live in dread of the second season as I expect the transfer fee add ons to kick in. I think I'll flip Origi and bring in Werner so stay tuned.

Sancho's rated 94 for Sneakiness and 89 for Financial Greed, swerve the cunt.

On 16/01/2020 at 18:13, El Dangerous said:

Me and big Mike Edwards have just thrashed out a double mega coup on Footy Manager. Through the genius of structured deals we were able to sign Haevertz and Sancho in my first year LFC save. Got them both in for a initial  upfront cost of £70m and £40m respectively. I had to jib off Lovren too to clear the funds. It's all good now but we could be in Everton territory once the add ons kick in.

Anyway I'll  report back and let you all know which one we should sign in the summer.

I dare you to sign Phil Jones and replace Sadio with him.

If we do buy Havertz then Grujic will probably be sold. Also Keita would find it difficult to get in the team. Especially if Curtis Jones and Harvey Elliott dont go out on loan. Milner will still be around.

If we get Werner then Origi would have to leave. Wolves apparently are still interested in him.

Add that to 

Shaqiri 

Lallana

Clyne

Lovren

Wilson

Chirivella

We'll either buy a young centre back or promote Hoever or Van Den Berg. 

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

If we do buy Havertz then Grujic will probably be sold. Also Keita would find it difficult to get in the team. Especially if Curtis Jones and Harvey Elliott dont go out on loan. Milner will still be around.

If we get Werner then Origi would have to leave. Wolves apparently are still interested in him.

Add that to 

Shaqiri 

Lallana

Clyne

Lovren

Wilson

Chirivella

We'll either buy a young centre back or promote Hoever or Van Den Berg. 

Havertz for me. A lot more flexibility and a better player all round than Timo, though I certainly wouldn't complain if Werner came in instead or as well as...

Sepp is nowhere near ready to step up. He's going to need at least another season in the 23s.

As for Keita, I reckon Klopp sees him as the long term successor to Gini, so I don't think he'll find game time hard to come by given all the competitions we'll be in - Staying fit seems to be the hardest thing for Naby.

I'd actually keep Wilson. I reckon he could provide depth as an attacking central midfield option, as well as his normal position from the right of the forward 3. I suspect he will leave though, purely as he'll not get the game time here as he will elsewhere.

As for a young defender, I'd hope we'd be looking at a versatile left back/centre half.

• Upvote 2

It's funny that so many other club fans think all the talk from Liverpool fans is serious and not most of us taking the piss. Yeah it would be amazing but won't happen. There's talk yesterday that Werner actually does want the move. Signing him would be far better value. 

29 minutes ago, A Red said:

Mbappe profiled on the BBC 6 o'clock news tonight for some reason. Despite the reporter saying he would probably end up in Spain, he only spoke about how great we are, in perfectly good English.  Could it be?

He was asked what he thought about Liverpool and he said how great we are, a machine. He was also shown Trent copying his goal celebration and said how great he thinks Trent is. No move here I'm afraid. Just smoke and mirrors.

35 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

It's funny that so many other club fans think all the talk from Liverpool fans is serious and not most of us taking the piss. Yeah it would be amazing but won't happen. There's talk yesterday that Werner actually does want the move. Signing him would be far better value. 

He'll be too expensive but the pull of the club has never been higher. I don't think anyone should be balking at the chances of us at least attracting any player. The financial side is a different story.