You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2020 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Apologies. I didn’t look closely enough at the tweet about stones when I linked to it. I didn’t realise It was from The Sun. My apologies to anyone offended and perhaps a mod can delete my post.

Thanks to Jairzinho for bringing it to my attention.

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Stones will always be wanted by good sides because you can play a possession style with him. It just depends how fast those sides get tired of the fact that he can't actually defend.

It's quite a bold move. City can only get away with playing Stones because they have so much of the ball. If Arteta is going to build a City-type team he will need a huge  overhaul. I can see Augbameyang and Pepe fitting into it, Lacazette less so. The midfield will need £150M investment, and there is a lot of shit to get rid of. It could make Arsenal or it could sink them. 

34 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Apologies. I didn’t look closely enough at the tweet about stones when I linked to it. I didn’t realise It was from The Sun. My apologies to anyone offended and perhaps a mod can delete my post.

hBBBEA2AE

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Stones on the guy!

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I can see John Stones in an Arsenal shirt.

His hands are on his head and he's just turned the ball into his own net to make it 3-1 to Bournemouth, a result which means that Arsenal drop from seventh to eighth place.

Personally, I think him and Luiz could be the basis of 2022's push for the playoffs.

When it looked like Milner and Lallana were both off, I thought we might have been sneakily telling Eriksen's agent that he should sit tight until summer. Would have given us a quality older player for just the cost of his wages.

Now Milner is staying I don't think it would be worth going for Eriksen as well.

Btw virdjil I don't know if you've noticed but we don't play with a number ten.

On 12/01/2020 at 13:57, Tourt said:

Stuart Pearce awarded Ginni MOM on Talksport yesterday.

After praising Gini’s performance, Pearce went on to say that Liverpool must be hoping the rumours of him wanting to leave Anfield are not true because he would be so difficult to replace.

This is the first I have heard of this potential transfer, now we have Daisy’s quip.

Can anyone else add to the paranoia?

He's heard about THE POWERSHIFT across Stanley Park and wants to be part of the incoming Everton revolution. 

13 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

If we wanted him we’d get him. £17m is a fair price, considering we paid twice that for Oxlade-Chamberlain when he only had a year left. 

If he only motivated by money the likes of Everton,UTD, arsenal mid table teams should be all over this and pay him the wages he wants. If we pass convinces me more that we will put it up to Bayern for Havertz.

6 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Liverpool are pushing hard for Kai Havertz, they are very serious about Havertz and are willing to break their transfer record to secure his services in the summer. Klopp is a big fan. (MundoDeportivo) https://t.co/L0rg5iYccu

@El Rojo hey mate, is there anything in this? I know you’re quite tight with Don.... We need confirmation how good a lad Mundo is.

Erikesen, Alderwirald and Vertoghan have been given a free pass because it's been assumed their form is contract related. For the best part of a year they have been shit, with players in their late 20s that are shit for a year its more likely they are done at the top level rather than easing themselves through a season. I wouldn't take any of them for free at this stage.