You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2020 Transfer Thread

Anubis

3 hours ago, Daisy said:

Not looking forward to having to replace Gini.  

Stuart Pearce awarded Ginni MOM on Talksport yesterday.

After praising Gini’s performance, Pearce went on to say that Liverpool must be hoping the rumours of him wanting to leave Anfield are not true because he would be so difficult to replace.

This is the first I have heard of this potential transfer, now we have Daisy’s quip.

Can anyone else add to the paranoia?

Guest Pistonbroke
6 minutes ago, Tourt said:

Stuart Pearce awarded Ginni MOM on Talksport yesterday.

After praising Gini’s performance, Pearce went on to say that Liverpool must be hoping the rumours of him wanting to leave Anfield are not true because he would be so difficult to replace.

This is the first I have heard of this potential transfer, now we have Daisy’s quip.

Can anyone else add to the paranoia?

It is nothing more than a slight contract issue and the lad himself is happy, the rumours which were started in the Express (as far as I read) have been rubbished mate. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Tourt said:

Cheers PB, nice one.

No probs mate. His contract is up in 18 months and both the club and the player see a need to sit around the table just yet. That stuff will be done in the summer, both the club and Wij are happy to wait until then. Typical media just looking for a story that has no legs. 

Cantwell reminds me more of Lampard than Lallana, arriving at the right time around the edge of the box to finish. apologies if already been said.

defo go in for him if Norwich go down. Chilwell would be nice too, although probably would cost a fortune.

two good young players that would improve the set-up when a few will be let go. with plenty of scope to be improved by Klopp and the better players we have.

4 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Very different type of players imo. Keita is much more creative and attack minded. Wijnaldum more of an all round midfielder, very strong on the ball, but still better defensively than going forwards.

I'd have thought fab is more in the mould of Gini. Nabby as you say is a more attack minded creative midfielder.

1 hour ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Very different type of players imo. Keita is much more creative and attack minded. Wijnaldum more of an all round midfielder, very strong on the ball, but still better defensively than going forwards.

Not when he plays for Holland !  He's unleashed when he plays for his country.

2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I'd have thought fab is more in the mould of Gini. Nabby as you say is a more attack minded creative midfielder.

Winjaldum can be very attacking minded as he showed before he signed for us and he does almost every game playing for the Netherlands since koeman was appointed. It's just he's such a brilliant footballer he looks a natural at what klopp is asking him to do a little deeper. I'd feel confident Gini can do everything keita can, keita hasn't shown he has half the skill set of Gini yet. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I'd flog Grujic and wave goodbye to Lallana. Give Curtis Jones Lallana's game time and throw the bank at Kai Havertz, that kid would be perfect for our midfield.

Pretty much this summed up nicely . Probably would part with Kieta as well but prepared to give him to end of season to convince me of his worth to squad/team. Would graciously allow Milner to leave for Leeds if they want him.