You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2020 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Amazingly we seem to be at the point where it's actually dead hard to sign anyone who'd improve our first 11, we're just that damn good.

Never a fan of just spending for spending's sake, would always prefer to keep the money in the bank until the right player becomes available, ala Big Virg.

Age wise, it be remiss if we weren't actively scouting to replace our front 3 but I absolutely trust Michael Edwards' and his staff to get it right. Jason Sancho though, for the price quoted I'm far from convinced and would swerve.

Summer time and I would be looking to move on Lallana and Lovren, bringing in a top drawer, creative midfielder and another solid centre half.

Haven't seen enough of Kai Havertz to pass an opinion but someone who's opinion I trust has said he'd be the one.

Lovren's replacement? I've always rated Christian Kabasele at Watford and was always a big fan of Soyuncu whilst he was at Freiberg. Again though I'm sure Edwards has his targets and will do the right thing.

Williams and Hoever seem to have the RB understudy position sorted, so perhaps one more in at LB to spell Robo? Already said I like Vinagre at Wolves but we shall see.

In good hands, in very rude health.

• Upvote 7

40 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Amazingly we seem to be at the point where it's actually dead hard to sign anyone who'd improve our first 11, we're just that damn good.

Never a fan of just spending for spending's sake, would always prefer to keep the money in the bank until the right player becomes available, ala Big Virg.

Age wise, it be remiss if we weren't actively scouting to replace our front 3 but I absolutely trust Michael Edwards' and his staff to get it right. Jason Sancho though, for the price quoted I'm far from convinced and would swerve.

Summer time and I would be looking to move on Lallana and Lovren, bringing in a top drawer, creative midfielder and another solid centre half.

Haven't seen enough of Kai Havertz to pass an opinion but someone who's opinion I trust has said he'd be the one.

Lovren's replacement? I've always rated Christian Kabasele at Watford and was always a big fan of Soyuncu whilst he was at Freiberg. Again though I'm sure Edwards has his targets and will do the right thing.

Williams and Hoever seem to have the RB understudy position sorted, so perhaps one more in at LB to spell Robo? Already said I like Vinagre at Wolves but we shall see.

In good hands, in very rude health.

Would be quite happy if over next two transfer windows we just bolster the youngsters provided we secure Havertz. The real deal. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, LF:D said:

He's a brilliant finisher.

Not convinced about the rest of his game.

But yes, games are what he needs to develop further.

His movement and strength don't look anywhere near up to the mark and he can be the best finished in the world, but if he can't get in a position to shoot, that's no good at all. Hopefully Swansea is a step he needs and he'll bang a few. 

3 hours ago, clockspeed said:

Would be quite happy if over next two transfer windows we just bolster the youngsters provided we secure Havertz. The real deal. 

Dont Leverkusen want something ridiculous like €110m for him?. Weve been linked today with Leon Bailey as well but bot sure how much he would cost  as he has 3 years left on his contract. 

Still like Werner and think he would get even better here.

He had a issue a few years back. 

Extreme crowd noise fucks with his hearing. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/09/27/leipzigs-timo-werner-forced-pitch-due-noisy-besiktas-fans/amp/

Werner was substituted after just 32 minutes of RB Leipzig's Champions League game against Besiktas at the Vodafone Arena in Istanbul in the 2017/18 season. The striker, who was pictured with ear plugs and holding his hands to his ears during the game, reportedly couldn't cope with the noise and hostile atmosphere at the stadium. After the match, RB Leipzig said that he was suffering from 'circulation problems'.

Sure I read this reoccurred this year too

6 minutes ago, Elite said:

Sounds like he's on the autism or asperger's spectrum. If so, he'd make a great advocate.

There's another disorder/disease can't remember what they call it. It's something I have a bit of a issue with. 

I despise crowds it's why I very rarely go to sporting events, pubs etc. When large numbers of people are all talking loudly as the same time and I'm catching all these different conversations it litteraly drives me up the wall. I can't do anything or think straight. It's like a overload in your head you can't clear. If I'm outside in townduring the day I will always have headphones on, even if I don't really want to listen to anything, just to drown out the other sounds. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

There's another disorder/disease can't remember what they call it. It's something I have a bit of a issue with. 

I despise crowds it's why I very rarely go to sporting events, pubs etc. When large numbers of people are all talking loudly as the same time and I'm catching all these different conversations it litteraly drives me up the wall. I can't do anything or think straight. It's like a overload in your head you can't clear. If I'm outside in townduring the day I will always have headphones on, even if I don't really want to listen to anything, just to drown out the other sounds. 

I'm a bit like that with loud noises, not to the extent you describe but if someone shouts or a dog barks next to me, it kind of hurts my brain.  Probably why I don't like hobby cunts either, too noisy.

23 minutes ago, Elite said:

I'm a bit like that with loud noises, not to the extent you describe but if someone shouts or a dog barks next to me, it kind of hurts my brain.  Probably why I don't like hobby cunts either, too noisy.

Its not the loud noises as such

One house alarm or dog etc does t bother me, but say sitti g in a busy pud and all the various conversations on the tables around me and I'm fucked. 

8 hours ago, LF:D said:

Usually the kiss of death from Klopp when he sends a player on loan - but never say never!

Big Div being an obvious exception to that.  I can't think of anyone else offhand who's gone out on loan and then made a big impact upon returning.

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Its not the loud noises as such

One house alarm or dog etc does t bother me, but say sitti g in a busy pud and all the various conversations on the tables around me and I'm fucked. 

I get what you mean, too much stimulus causes you to get overloaded. Probably more common than you think.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Dont Leverkusen want something ridiculous like €110m for him?. Weve been linked today with Leon Bailey as well but bot sure how much he would cost  as he has 3 years left on his contract. 

Still like Werner and think he would get even better here.

If we talking 100 million for Havertz or the same for Sancho I would go for the former. As I said before reminds me of Ballack  complete midfielder  with added goalscoring ability. We need to be practical here the chances of replacing front three with like for like ability wise ain't going.to happen . As an example elliot talented but different player from what Salah brings . So I believe we will need more goals from midfield in future with more conventional wingers. This lad could be exceptional. 

Also should bring into focus that mane Bobby Salah are a once in a generation combination of touch , pace, aggression and physicality. Statement of blindingly obvious but no other team has anything like them. Back to Havertz think combination of Ballack , mcmanamann,  and less aggressive Gerrard that's what I see.

3 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Allan, the Brazilian we signed but could never get a work permit for has joined Atletico Miniero for £3.1m.

Not bad seeing as he cost £500,000 and never played a game for us.

When you factor in his wages as well, we won't have made much, if any profit