You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2020 Transfer Thread

Anubis

37 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Where did you get that from? I don't see that anywhere from The Athletic.

I can't actually see the article because it's behind a paywall but the link is here for anyone who has membership...

https://theathletic.co.uk/checkout/?plan_id=71&pc=UKAP&source=pw&ref_page=https://theathletic.co.uk/1452728/2019/12/31/what-to-expect-from-norwich-city-in-the-january-transfer-window/

Down to the bare bones now with that injury to Keita. Another injury in midfield and we only have Lallana to choose from in midfield. An injury to either VVD or Gomez and we are fucked at the back. An injury to either TAA or Robbo doesn't bear thinking about.

Feel a lot happier with the situation up front with Minaimino now available, though.

There's no telling how long Fabinho, Matip, Lovren, Keita, Shaq and Ox are out for. I hope we add a few more faces during the window, however unlikely. I don't want injuries and a thin squad to cost us. 

On 02/01/2020 at 07:44, Shooter in the Motor said:

According to The Athletic, Liverpool are monitoring Emiliano Buendia progress ahead of a potential summer swoop, with Buendia’s teammate Jamal Lewis also said to be on the Reds’ radar.

Do want.

Although I seriously doubt there's anything in it. The club obviously know that there will be other clubs sniffing around trying to get wind of who Liverpool are after - they have had a very tight lid on things for ages now. Can't see any chance of our true targets getting out to the media, unless someone has just guessed and gotten lucky.

Buendia makes a lot of sense, though. Upgrade on Shaqiri and if Norwich go down would probably cost less than we'd sell Shaq for.

21 hours ago, Baltar said:

Down to the bare bones now with that injury to Keita. Another injury in midfield and we only have Lallana to choose from in midfield. An injury to either VVD or Gomez and we are fucked at the back. An injury to either TAA or Robbo doesn't bear thinking about.

Feel a lot happier with the situation up front with Minaimino now available, though.

There's no telling how long Fabinho, Matip, Lovren, Keita, Shaq and Ox are out for. I hope we add a few more faces during the window, however unlikely. I don't want injuries and a thin squad to cost us. 

An injury anywhere isn't great. I think without counting kids, we were down to 12 outfield players last night. Providing there's no new injuries, that's 13 with minamino. A few days back, it was looking like klopp was indicating most of the injured players would be available by feb, so we need to navigate the derby (and I guess we're already too late to sign someone for that anyway) , spurs, man united and West ham. Personally, I think we should probably just ride it out now as I think it normally takes time for players to settle into klopps way. I actually feel pretty relaxed about Jones or Elliot for odd games too, i just wouldn't want it to be a long time. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Here's a new one, haven't seen this lad linked to us before but he's quick with a good first touch, two good feet, composed and a good finisher. Looks good, but you know, the French league...

Dunno what Arnaud and Stacksy make of the kid?

Very quick, good finisher, plays mostly off the shoulder. Remains to be seen whether he could play in a side where the opposition regularly play deep against them. He has it easy at Lille in that regard as they are very much a counter attacking side. 

From what I've seen, he seems a little one-dimensional in his play. He couldn't regularly play #9 for a team like us yet. Maybe he could get there. He's quite young. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Here's a new one, haven't seen this lad linked to us before but he's quick with a good first touch, two good feet, composed and a good finisher. Looks good, but you know, the French league...

Been speculation that we've been watching him since early/mid December - Sly Sports

8 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Sorry mate, i only watch Liverpool. L’Equipe is full of praise for him, writing once it was incredible he settled so well so fast. He should go to Brest and then I tell you !

• Like 1

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

Can we have your best midfielder and cripple you at the same time? Please?

Once you take Lingard into account they’re basically asking Leicester to give them Maddison for nothing.

• Upvote 1