You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2020 Transfer Thread

Anubis

8 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Salah is twice the player Son is. He has more goals in two and a half seasons at Liverpool than Son has in four and a half at Spurs. 

He's far better than Sancho as well. And he's also not a prick like young Jadon is starting to appear to be. 

I clearly wasn’t being serious you hysterical little bitch 

3 hours ago, General Dryness said:

Different team, different times. We're not the Liverpool that takes punts any more. Or at least we shouldn't be.

And calling Salah, Mane and Van Dijk punts is disingenuous at best, fucking genuinely thick at worst. Mane and Van Dijk were clearly far too good for Southampton. And Salah wasn't a Premier League "failure". Chelsea bought him to stop us from getting him, played him out of position a few times, sent him on loan a few times then sold him. 

"We make stars, we don't buy them". Get a grip.

Not sure why this got you mad. What is wrong in the "we make stars" line? It's very accurate. It's what all the best clubs not named Barcelona and Real Madrid do.

Real Madrid buy Ronaldo, Bale and Hazard after they have established themselves as some of the best players in the world. We buy those types of players before they take that step. That's all I was saying, and that there's still an element of risk to that. And regardless that we're now one of the best teams in the world, it's what we'll continue to do.

With the exception of van Dijk, who is a massive exception because he was the rare player who was world class playing at a small club, none of Salah, Mané, Firmino, Suarez, Coutinho, etc... were what you would call "established" top tier talents when we bought them. And by the way, I never called those signing "punts" don't make stuff up.

• Downvote 2

I don't think we'll be bringing anybody in, but it sure as hell won't stop clickbait mania along the likes of FOURTEEN HUNGARIAN TECHNICIANS KLOPP REALLY SHOULD CONSIDER (NUMBER TWO WILL MILDLY SURPRISE YOU) or HAS PEP LIJNDERS JUST DROPPED A HUGE HINT ABOUT LIVERPOOL'S JANUARY TARGETS?

27 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I don't think we'll be bringing anybody in, but it sure as hell won't stop clickbait mania along the likes of FOURTEEN HUNGARIAN TECHNICIANS KLOPP REALLY SHOULD CONSIDER (NUMBER TWO WILL MILDLY SURPRISE YOU) or HAS PEP LIJNDERS JUST DROPPED A HUGE HINT ABOUT LIVERPOOL'S JANUARY TARGETS?

Serie A Superstar has an Auntie in Kirkdale call 08457 6666663 for a HUGE transfer story calls cost £17ppm please ask bill payers permission before calling. 

4 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Not sure why this got you mad. What is wrong in the "we make stars" line? It's very accurate. It's what all the best clubs not named Barcelona and Real Madrid do.

Real Madrid buy Ronaldo, Bale and Hazard after they have established themselves as some of the best players in the world. We buy those types of players before they take that step. That's all I was saying, and that there's still an element of risk to that. And regardless that we're now one of the best teams in the world, it's what we'll continue to do.

With the exception of van Dijk, who is a massive exception because he was the rare player who was world class playing at a small club, none of Salah, Mané, Firmino, Suarez, Coutinho, etc... were what you would call "established" top tier talents when we bought them. And by the way, I never called those signing "punts" don't make stuff up.

I can see why people avoid getting involved with you. It's because you're a fucking cock. 

• Upvote 1