You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2020 Transfer Thread

Anubis

The only reason I can think that he would get a new deal would be to get a transfer fee for him. But hardly anyone will want to pay a transfer fee for him and if they did it wouldn't be more than £5m. 

Him, Lovren, Clyne, Wilson, Shaqiri and the ones we permanently have out on loan will give. Although I think Grujic might come back. 

There is absolutely no way we should be offering Lallana a new deal, unless it's on a low basic wage and heavily weighted to appearance and performance extras. And I can't see him wanting that.

I don't care how many 15/20 minute cameos he makes to relieve the burden of the regular starters, there will be a time when he is unavailable again for weeks and weeks for a minor knock.

Lallana on form is a good player to watch and he seems a likeable fella, but let him breakdown regularly on West Ham's or Crystal Palace's wage bill for the next 3 years.

• Upvote 1

Was just reading the Mane thread and The Guest's post about Salah and Mane and couldn't remember how many goals Salah has scored so far this season (8 in 15 all comps) and saw our wages in an article from Saturday. I presume they're from last year (as Markovic, for example has since left). Not difficult to see why the malingering cunt was so difficult to flush. There's about 400k p/w there that we'll probably shift next summer and (hopefully) reinvest. Lallana, Clyne Lovren, Karius and possibly Shaqiri.

If Lallana really is on 110k a week I don't think offering him a new deal would be the cheapest option @Barry Wom. Especially as he offers so little due to being injured all the time (and not being half the player he was in that brief spell of good form a few years ago).

Has Robertson since signed a new deal? If not, you'd imagine he would fairly soon. 

Liverpool wages

Weekly wage as per Spotrac:

Mohamed Salah - £200,000

Roberto Firmino - £180,000

Virgil Van Dijk - £180,000

Jordan Henderson - £140,000

James Milner - £140,000

Naby Keita - £120,000

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - £120,000

Adam Lallana - £110,000

Dejan Lovren - £100,000

Sadio Mane - £100,000

Joel Matip - £100,000

Fabinho - £100,000

Alisson Becker - £90,000

Xherdan Shaqiri - £80,000

Lazar Markovic - £75,000

Georginio Wijnaldum - £75,000

Nathaniel Clyne - £70,000

Andrew Robertson - £50,000

Divock Origi - £45,000

Trent Alexander-Arnold - £40,000

Joe Gomez - £28,000

Loris Karius - £25,000

Rhian Brewster - £10,000

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

Was just reading the Mane thread and The Guest's post about Salah and Mane and couldn't remember how many goals Salah has scored so far this season (8 in 15 all comps) and saw our wages in an article from Saturday. I presume they're from last year (as Markovic, for example has since left). Not difficult to see why the malingering cunt was so difficult to flush. There's about 400k p/w there that we'll probably shift next summer and (hopefully) reinvest. Lallana, Clyne Lovren, Karius and possibly Shaqiri.

If Lallana really is on 110k a week I don't think offering him a new deal would be the cheapest option @Barry Wom. Especially as he offers so little due to being injured all the time (and not being half the player he was in that brief spell of good form a few years ago).

Has Robertson since signed a new deal? If not, you'd imagine he would fairly soon. 

Liverpool wages

Weekly wage as per Spotrac:

Mohamed Salah - £200,000

Roberto Firmino - £180,000

Virgil Van Dijk - £180,000

Jordan Henderson - £140,000

James Milner - £140,000

Naby Keita - £120,000

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - £120,000

Adam Lallana - £110,000

Dejan Lovren - £100,000

Sadio Mane - £100,000

Joel Matip - £100,000

Fabinho - £100,000

Alisson Becker - £90,000

Xherdan Shaqiri - £80,000

Lazar Markovic - £75,000

Georginio Wijnaldum - £75,000

Nathaniel Clyne - £70,000

Andrew Robertson - £50,000

Divock Origi - £45,000

Trent Alexander-Arnold - £40,000

Joe Gomez - £28,000

Loris Karius - £25,000

Rhian Brewster - £10,000

I'm sure we could get lallana on a lower deal than his current one. Nobody else will pay him 110k per week. 

56 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

We'll offer him a new deal because it's the cheap thing to do. To replace him will cost millions unless Gruic or Wilson can come back and make up the numbers, but even then it'll cost millions as we could just sell them. 

Nah, the cheapest thing to do would just to let his go and replace his place in the squad with Grujic or Jones IMO. Lallana could easily get £110k per week in China.

55 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Nah, the cheapest thing to do would just to let his go and replace his place in the squad with Grujic or Jones IMO. Lallana could easily get £110k per week in China.

Maybe he could get 110k in China, depends if he wants to go there though. As for cheaper replacing him with Gruic, not if we could get 20m for Gruic as the club seemed to think before. 

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

Maybe he could get 110k in China, depends if he wants to go there though. As for cheaper replacing him with Gruic, not if we could get 20m for Gruic as the club seemed to think before. 

Graziano Pelle is on £300k a week there. Of course they’d pay more than Lallana’s current salary.

4 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

An English club would pay close to that if his form for Hertha is anything to go by, it's the going rate these days. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Any fee in January would be ripping them off, not that they'd go for it, plus it was obviously a tongue in cheek comment. As your were 'Mr take things too serious, about fucking everything!' 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I wouldn’t give Lallana a meal ‘ deal ‘ from Boots.

It would just be nice to get him off the wage bill. If the rumours are true about MLS and Chinese clubs being interested I bet he goes to the States. Great opportunity to advance his acting career when he's out injured. 

Just now, Pistonbroke said:

It would just be nice to get him off the wage bill. If the rumours are true about MLS and Chinese clubs being interested I bet he goes to the States. Great opportunity to advance his acting career when he's out injured. 

Get him off the wage bill, Lovren wants off, Clyne and couple of others. 250k pw.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Get him off the wage bill, Lovren wants off, Clyne and couple of others. 250k pw.

Closer to 300k a week, but yeah, it would free up wages for 3/4 upgrades.