You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2020 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Haaland, how best to compare him, the new Alean Shearer potentially?

Could he fit into our team?

He's not just a goalscorer though, but he need others to create the chances for him.

Solskjær brought him to Molde in January 2017, so there is a connection there obviously, I can see him going there.

He was born in Leeds and was brought up in England until Roy Keane ruined his dad's career.

11 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Reports in Germany say both us and Arsenal have opened talks with the agent of Dennis Zakaria. 

I honestly had never heard of him but he's a 22 year old Swiss international defensive midfielder of Ivorian descent. Supposed to have been Moenchengladbach's best player this season. 

I'm also hearing that the agent of Timo Werner has had talks with Liverpool and he is 'keen' on a move. 

The source said "The agent of Timo Werner has opened talks with Liverpool" 

When asked how the player felt about a move to Liverpool, the agent simply gave a one word, no look response. 

"Keen" 

12 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Reports in Germany say both us and Arsenal have opened talks with the agent of Dennis Zakaria. 

I honestly had never heard of him but he's a 22 year old Swiss international defensive midfielder of Ivorian descent. Supposed to have been Moenchengladbach's best player this season. 

If he's any good, let's hope the choice is Red for Zakaria.

1 hour ago, chevettehs said:

Bobby Firmino is his agent?

I can neither confirm nor deny this but the source also asked the agent what toothpaste they used, the response was a smile and a samba dance. 

Piece in guardian about Milner his quote on zaha is "Yet Milner says that Wilfried Zaha is the player against whom he has had the most difficulty. “I’ve been sent off for tackles on him twice. He’s a talent. Unpredictable. You see how difficult it is to deal with him when you’re watching him. And when you play against Zaha he’s tricky and very tough to face.” there is your scouting report done for is. 70 or 80 million secures the league for us and another shot at CL. There is no way front three can play all the matches and I think with Manes ability to play either side we could get some rotation going with front 5 of zaha,divock and the three amigos . Oh and we owe CP an inflated transfer they took Shako and Benteke off us 

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I'm also hearing that the agent of Timo Werner has had talks with Liverpool and he is 'keen' on a move. 

When asked how the player felt about a move to Liverpool, the agent simply gave a one word, no look response. 

"Keen" 

I won't believe it until Matthewbet1's transfer tentacles have confirmed it.

2 hours ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

There are rumours that Man Utd are close to signing Haaland. I hope they aren't true. 

The good thing about where United are as a club is that I'm no longer that bothered who they sign. If they're any good they will only go and destroy their career anyway.

The number of players who leave them and then immediately return to their former status is massive. I was worried when they signed Di Maria. He was crap for them, left, and now he's excellent again. I was worried when they signed Shaw. He's been crap for them, and he's still there. I was worried when they signed Depay. He was crap for them, left, and now he's excellent again. I was worried when they signed Mkhitaryan. He was crap for them, left, and ... well, he's still crap. I was worried when they signed Pogba. He's been decent for them, surrounded by crap, and he'll leave soon. I was worried when they signed Lukaku. He was decent for them, surrounded by crap, and then they ran him off.

You get the idea. I'm no longer that worried about anyone they sign.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

"Keen" 

Read somewhere that he's a manc fan and would love to play for them someday. 

He can fuck off now Clive. 

7 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Adam Lallana is emerging as a target for clubs in China and Major League Soccer, with his contract running out this summer. Lallana will be offered a new deal by Liverpool but could be set for a move away in January. [@TeleFootball] https://t.co/9XQUZ4DU4V

How much do Fedex charge?

3891-Return-to-sender.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1