You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2020 Transfer Thread

Anubis

6 hours ago, Grinch said:

Hades

Nah. Previously known as Kieve Kev. If he was going for the venue of 2018 champions league final, he's clearly not a super speller.

Never heard of the cunt. No, really.

ETA : Also known as 1001000 and Champions of Europe. Still never heard of you. Are you a legendary troublemaker of yesteryear?

I really want James Maddison. He’s an excellent footballer capable of playing a number of midfield roles; no 8, no 10, or AML. He wouldn’t be cheap, but we’d be able to fund his purchase by selling Keita and Shaqiri and we’d be better off IMO.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

I really want James Maddison. He’s an excellent footballer capable of playing a number of midfield roles; no 8, no 10, or AML. He wouldn’t be cheap, but we’d be able to fund his purchase by selling Keita and Shaqiri and we’d be better off IMO.

I hate him and think he’s strangely overrated.

11 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

He’s one of the better AMs/attacking CMs in the league IMO.

I think he'd struggle to have a slot in our team in exactly the same way shaq does. He's not quick (or clever imo) enough to play in our front 3, we don't play with a 10 and I don't see him having the graft to play as an 8 in our set up. There's no way we should be paying the 80m plus for someone who'd struggle to have a natural position in the side. He's a decent player, but I don't think he's a world beater and he'd cost a fortune. We have Shaq to be a spare part. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Better than Shaq and more suited to the league than Keita.

Better than Shaq at what? He helped us beat Barcelona last season and got shit coat booted out at old toilet. 

I am not worried anymore, it has taken a long time to reach this point!

Klopp is quietly building his next team in the background - Hoever, Elliott etc.  I am quite happy for him to keep building/developing the next generation whilst adding some quality to the first 11 as and when required.

I  would throw the budget at Klopp's next contract.  I hope the talk of a sabbatical goes away and that he signs a bumper contract and Pep leaves.  We could have a clear run at the league for a fair few years if Pep fucks off.

54 minutes ago, INTORRESTING said:

We could have a clear run at the league for a fair few years if Pep fucks off.

They won two titles with two other managers before Guardiola, they will be thereabouts after he leaves.

To think just 10 years ago Richard Dunne was their four time player of the season - Richard fuckin Dunne.

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

They won two titles with two other managers before Guardiola, they will be thereabouts after he leaves.

To think just 10 years ago Richard Dunne was their four time player of the season - Richard fuckin Dunne.

They have short memories their fans, short on patience too.

• Upvote 1

Maddison would be very expensive and he hasn't proven anything to justify that cost. People (including me, I'm big enough to admit it, credit to me) made that mistake talking about the van Dijk signing, but van Dijk had undeniable freakish ability. Based on raw talent alone, Maddison is good but not that good. His talent wouldn't justify his price.

31 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Maddison would be very expensive and he hasn't proven anything to justify that cost. People (including me, I'm big enough to admit it, credit to me) made that mistake talking about the van Dijk signing, but van Dijk had undeniable freakish ability. Based on raw talent alone, Maddison is good but not that good. His talent wouldn't justify his price.

It was also blindingly obvious which position vvd would come in and play. Where would Madison get his game in our current team? I think we'd need to adapt how we play to accommodate him. Klopp is not against that, I just think with how we're playing, that's really hard to justify. For me it's why Shaq barely gets a kick and it's not like he's an untalented player. 

9 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

It was also blindingly obvious which position vvd would come in and play. Where would Madison get his game in our current team? I think we'd need to adapt how we play to accommodate him. Klopp is not against that, I just think with how we're playing, that's really hard to justify. For me it's why Shaq barely gets a kick and it's not like he's an untalented player. 

He can play attacking CM and No 10. He’d just replace Keita’s role basically, with added set piece ability, assists and goals. Say we manage to sell Keita to Bayern or Dortmund in the summer for cost price; c£50m, we’d only need to add £20-£30m cash, which is not huge money in the current environment. Keep in mind that we didn’t spend any cash in the last couple of windows. 

13 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

He can play attacking CM and No 10. He’d just replace Keita’s role basically, with added set piece ability, assists and goals. Say we manage to sell Keita to Bayern or Dortmund in the summer for cost price; c£50m, we’d only need to add £20-£30m cash, which is not huge money in the current environment. Keep in mind that we didn’t spend any cash in the last couple of windows. 

But keita doesn't get a game, so he's taking his place on the treatment table?! I'm not convinced he's great in that position either. I think he plays his best stuff as a 10, he looks pretty ordinary otherwise (like Saturday for example where the only think I thought he stood out for was his moaning).