You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2020 Transfer Thread

Anubis

11 hours ago, Boss said:

Should've bought Depay in the summer. He would've been perfect backup to Mane and Bobby.

I won't pretend I watch the guy on a weakly basis, but when that mickey mouse tournament was on in the summer with the Netherlands and England I watched him. 

He was bloody rubbish. He couldn't finish his dinner. No thanks

• 2 weeks later...

And so it begins

Bring linked with 20 year old PSV forward Donyell Malen 9 goals in 12 so far this year and 1 in 2 for Holland

Never heard of the cunt

8 hours ago, Lee909 said:

And so it begins

Bring linked with 20 year old PSV forward Donyell Malen 9 goals in 12 so far this year and 1 in 2 for Holland

Never heard of the cunt

Almost as many as Kean has scored in his whole career!

10 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Maybe not for January, but James Maddison seems to be excelling in a deeper role this season as a #8. If we decide that Keita couldn’t quite cut it in this league, I’d like for us to go for him.

Should have gone for him when he was available for about £15m. Good footballer. Is he vastly better than Harry Wilson though? They’d seem to be at a relatively similar level to me. Both take their haircut game seriously in true stud style too. 

2 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Should have gone for him when he was available for about £15m. Good footballer. Is he vastly better than Harry Wilson though? They’d seem to be at a relatively similar level to me. Both take their haircut game seriously in true stud style too. 

WIlson is a very good finisher with a wand of a left foot, but he always seems to be in the periphery of things, where as Maddison gets much more involved in the build-up play.

On 20/09/2019 at 19:21, Lee909 said:

And so it begins

Never heard of the cunt

Signing strikers who average almost a goal a game in the Eredivisie has worked for us before, but his agent is Raiola so I think that's pretty much never going to happen.

If we're looking for young strikers who are scoring goals at unprecedented rates, then maybe give that Haaland (or Haland?) kid over at Salzburg a call. Don't have any data on that league but he looks absolutely incredible in the highlights.

I was there, he was aggressive in taking early shots. Good move to get in for the goal, but didn't do much else. Ziyech was a level above everyone on the pitch, which makes it really confusing that after going a goal up Ajax stopped giving him the ball, he was a complete passenger after that. 

Unsure about bergwijn, some good touches but again didn't exactly impose himself. Wasn't helped by PSV's inexistent midfield though.

Also, Eindhoven sing about five of our songs in various forms.  They were singing we'll be coming at one point. 

They sang allez as Olé though...

6 hours ago, Pidge said:

I was there, he was aggressive in taking early shots. Good move to get in for the goal, but didn't do much else. Ziyech was a level above everyone on the pitch, which makes it really confusing that after going a goal up Ajax stopped giving him the ball, he was a complete passenger after that. 

Unsure about bergwijn, some good touches but again didn't exactly impose himself. Wasn't helped by PSV's inexistent midfield though.

Also, Eindhoven sing about five of our songs in various forms.  They were singing we'll be coming at one point

They sang allez as Olé though...

Is Olé not what we stole from elsewhere? 

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

Is Olé not what we stole from elsewhere? 

Possibly, not really talking them down, all chants are reproductions of something after all. Just found it funny, especially weird hearing we'll be coming. Had no idea that was sung elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Possibly, not really talking them down, all chants are reproductions of something after all. Just found it funny, especially weird hearing we'll be coming. Had no idea that was sung elsewhere.

We'll be coming I think is an old Scotland tune too, possibly an old military song before the tartan army took it. 

I get used to the songs being recycled and sounding weird and it happens so quickly these days with wall to wall global TV coverage and then the YouTube to search after that. 

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

The Mancs nicked him from Molde

I bet Molde fans are over the moon, if they win this evening they go 5 points clear at the top of the league with 8 games to go.