Quantcast
Other Football - 2019/20 - Page 89 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Other Football - 2019/20

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

What changed from when we were bringing in top players , now whenever I see any decent female  players discussed they always seem to have once played for us ?

They should have signed Sturridge

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

What changed from when we were bringing in top players , now whenever I see any decent female  players discussed they always seem to have once played for us ?

Yacht refit.

Wasn’t this the best central defensive partnership in the league a few weeks ago?

Mina has been a disgrace today, ducked on the first as well, Keans passing today has been truly awful

Oh dear, GOT will be in meltdown for the next week.

Bournemouth just sat off the ball in that second half and let Everton come at them, won the ball back and just utilised the pace of King and Wilson to get in behind them. Silva and Everton just obliged time after time. I was pissing myself as Silva made a double substitution and a minute later Bournemouth made it 3-1. The camera panned to the Everton bench and Silva looked like a 5 year old about to throw a tantrum. That Iwobi is utter dog shit.  

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

Is now an appropriate time to mention we have double Everton’s points?

Everton also with a -2 goal difference already. 11th in the league after having a relatively easy start to their campaign. 

22 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I think they've backed right off the investment since they won the WSL twice, they're just mid to lower table fodder now.

• Upvote 1

I like Callum Wilson. If he hadn't messed up his knees and played before the years of huge transfer inflation, he'd be at a big club. He's a rare striker who scores and can also set up goals. 

20 minutes ago, Red House said:

They've basically signed the Italian Bojan, haven't they?

I'd never seen him play before but it did strike me as odd that Juventus would be letting him go if he was that good. Was he actually good at Juventus? 

1 minute ago, DimReaper said:

I'd never seen him play before but it did strike me as odd that Juventus would be letting him go if he was that good. Was he actually good at Juventus? 

He was very promising, but when they bought Ronaldo they entered "win now mode" and they would've had no time to develop him. 

daza_1973

Player Valuation: £70m
As usual, didn't see any players fighting for the manager today. Well, in any game really. Klopp gets 120% from his players. Silva gets 75% from his.

Klopp gets 75% the PEDs take up the rest of the slack

£34m for Iwobi was one of the strangest transfers in recent years.

Whatever they were smoking over at the Emirates that day must have tasted extra special. 

1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

£34m for Iwobi was one of the strangest transfers in recent years.

Whatever they were smoking over at the Emirates that day must have tasted extra special. 

TBF we got 19 million for Solanke who is every bit as bad, plus we got 15 million for Ibe who can't even get in a team with 10 injured players. Madness mate. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Oh dear, GOT will be in meltdown for the next week.

Bournemouth just sat off the ball in that second half and let Everton come at them, won the ball back and just utilised the pace of King and Wilson to get in behind them. Silva and Everton just obliged time after time. I was pissing myself as Silva made a double substitution and a minute later Bournemouth made it 3-1. The camera panned to the Everton bench and Silva looked like a 5 year old about to throw a tantrum. That Iwobi is utter dog shit.  

Obsessed! Who would dare say such a thing so soon after they not only won, but retained the Transfer Window? 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Available Subscriptions

• Last Match Report

• Latest Posts

• What? What the fuck is this clown talking about in the Guardian comments section on Ronay’s Silva dissection? They love to give themselves more relevance than they have,  

• It's great news that we have two players fit and raring to go. 
    • A bullish Xherdan Shaqiri has said that he is ready for more game time after his star showing against Everton in the Reds 5-2 victory on Wednesday evening.

The Swiss star was a surprise selection in the starting lineup especially when you take into account that he had not started a league game since the end of January and his last start in all competitions came on that memorable night on the 7th of May against Barcelona.

Before Wednesday night, Shaqiri played a grand total of 25 minutes in all competitions with his longest run-out coming in the Community Shield against Man City.

A long running battle with a calf injury has been the main reason for his lack of regular first-team action during this campaign, but after scoring his first goal in nearly a year and displaying his sublime skill, Shaq has made it known to all concerned including his manager that he is well and truly back.

The Echo reported the popular utility player as saying:

“ I’m ready, I think the coach saw that too in training,"

"I trained very well and today he gave me the chance and I think I played very well.

“ At the end of the day it’s important to win games with my team, we won it as a team, and obviously when I can contribute it’s always good. 

“Let’s hope for more games!"
        Shaqiri said despite the lack of minutes, rust was never a issue and he felt at home on the pitch.  

“ You know me and how I play, so it’s nothing new!

“I’m an instinctive footballer, so I like to play good football if I feel good. I felt good so I tried some things and it went well.

“ I was very happy to score after a long time. It was a good feeling."

While the injury was undoubtedly a frustrating time for the 28 year-old, he counted his blessings that it was not something more serious like a ligament injury.

“ I’ve been injured [but] thank God I don’t have knee problems or something. I had some muscle problems so I just needed a few weeks to recover well.

“The calf is very dangerous to get another injury and I had this so obviously it was not nice but I stayed positive and tried to come back. 

“I worked very hard in the gym and with the fitness coaches to come back and be ready when the coach needs me. I’m feeling good."

Shaqiri was a player that Jürgen Klopp turned to around this time last season and he certainly did not let his manager down turning in some special performances against Man United and Arsenal in particular.

He is well aware of the jam packed fixture list during this month and says it is great to be option for his manager again.

"Everybody knows that it’s a busy period now with a lot of games coming up, [so] I’m very happy to be back. I’m feeling fresh, feeling good, and I think you saw that.

“We know each other very well, we train every day together, the team stays like last season even when the coach makes some changes - five changes, I think.

“He changed the formation a little bit so it was not simple but we managed that very well today against a good side.

. [It’s] a derby obviously so we wanted to keep the city red, so it was a very important win.

View full article
    • A bullish Xherdan Shaqiri has said that he is ready for more game time after his star showing against Everton in the Reds 5-2 victory on Wednesday evening.

The Swiss star was a surprise selection in the starting lineup especially when you take into account that he had not started a league game since the end of January and his last start in all competitions came on that memorable night on the 7th of May against Barcelona.

Before Wednesday night, Shaqiri played a grand total of 25 minutes in all competitions with his longest run-out coming in the Community Shield against Man City.

A long running battle with a calf injury has been the main reason for his lack of regular first-team action during this campaign, but after scoring his first goal in nearly a year and displaying his sublime skill, Shaq has made it known to all concerned including his manager that he is well and truly back.

The Echo reported the popular utility player as saying:

“ I’m ready, I think the coach saw that too in training,"

"I trained very well and today he gave me the chance and I think I played very well.

“ At the end of the day it’s important to win games with my team, we won it as a team, and obviously when I can contribute it’s always good. 

“Let’s hope for more games!"
        Shaqiri said despite the lack of minutes, rust was never a issue and he felt at home on the pitch.  

“ You know me and how I play, so it’s nothing new!

“I’m an instinctive footballer, so I like to play good football if I feel good. I felt good so I tried some things and it went well.

“ I was very happy to score after a long time. It was a good feeling."

While the injury was undoubtedly a frustrating time for the 28 year-old, he counted his blessings that it was not something more serious like a ligament injury.

“ I’ve been injured [but] thank God I don’t have knee problems or something. I had some muscle problems so I just needed a few weeks to recover well.

“The calf is very dangerous to get another injury and I had this so obviously it was not nice but I stayed positive and tried to come back. 

“I worked very hard in the gym and with the fitness coaches to come back and be ready when the coach needs me. I’m feeling good."

Shaqiri was a player that Jürgen Klopp turned to around this time last season and he certainly did not let his manager down turning in some special performances against Man United and Arsenal in particular.

He is well aware of the jam packed fixture list during this month and says it is great to be option for his manager again.

"Everybody knows that it’s a busy period now with a lot of games coming up, [so] I’m very happy to be back. I’m feeling fresh, feeling good, and I think you saw that.

“We know each other very well, we train every day together, the team stays like last season even when the coach makes some changes - five changes, I think.

“He changed the formation a little bit so it was not simple but we managed that very well today against a good side.

. [It’s] a derby obviously so we wanted to keep the city red, so it was a very important win.

View full article
  • Latest Round Up

• Popular Contributors