Quantcast
Other Football - 2019/20 - Page 780 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Other Football - 2019/20

Is there any point having the semi finals at wembley this year?. They were only moved there so the FA could recoup the ridiculous costs of building it quicker. 

6 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Is there any point having the semi finals at wembley this year?. They were only moved there so the FA could recoup the ridiculous costs of building it quicker. 

Well if they didnt have them at Wembley this year it would mean two PL grounds being used for extra games and all that entails. Better to stage them at Wembley, I think.

BBC had Spain V Italy from 2012 on earlier. I had forgotten just how good Spain where. The first half was as good as any performance I've ever seen. They had 6 of the games best ever midfielders all in the one side and 2 centre back capable of slotting into midfield. Pirlo was a brilliant player but he wasn't for to clean Iniesta and Xavi's boots. Those 2 were unreal.

5 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

I think they signed a contract making sure they are played there for 25 years or something when it was built.

13 hours ago, No2 said:

BBC had Spain V Italy from 2012 on earlier. I had forgotten just how good Spain where. The first half was as good as any performance I've ever seen. They had 6 of the games best ever midfielders all in the one side and 2 centre back capable of slotting into midfield. Pirlo was a brilliant player but he wasn't for to clean Iniesta and Xavi's boots. Those 2 were unreal.

Harsh comment on Pirlo. He would not have looked out of place in that Spain team such was his quality.

Pirlo was an absolutely sublime footballer. It wasn't his fault Italy didn't have anyone else on the same wavelength.

Swap Xavi and Pirlo in those two sides and very little changes.

Jordan Ayew gets up after a challenge. Has a look at his opponent, leans to the side and accurately elbows him in the face. Right in front of the ref. No reaction from the ref and VAR does nothing after reviewing it for about four minutes.

How are these incompetent fuckers ever going to be taken seriously?

6 hours ago, Baltar said:

Harsh comment on Pirlo. He would not have looked out of place in that Spain team such was his quality.

No @No2 is right. Peak Xavi and Iniesta were other worldly. Pirlo had plenty of opportunities to strike that effect (being in a midfield with Seedorf, Kaka & Gattuso no less) but didn’t come close. World class player in his own right but those 2 were the best ever at what they did. There was about 5 years before Munich hammered them where world class teams would say fuck it and basically not even try to compete in midfield and just sit on the edge of their own box and try to punt a long ball (like Chelsea) or hope for a long range strike (like United) for 90 minutes.

6 hours ago, Baltar said:

I am being harsh, @Alex_K summed it up better. Great player but he was competing with once in a lifetime types.

On 28/06/2020 at 12:13, Leyton388 said:

There's a reason Pepe was replaced by Mignolet of all people. 

Yes. Money. 

Reina is fucking shite now but ability had fuck all to do with the decision to replace him with a shit keeper who couldn’t even fucking kick a ball. 

16 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Jordan Ayew gets up after a challenge. Has a look at his opponent, leans to the side and accurately elbows him in the face. Right in front of the ref. No reaction from the ref and VAR does nothing after reviewing it for about four minutes.

How are these incompetent fuckers ever going to be taken seriously?

Ayew is one snide, crying little fuck. I’m really beginning to despise him.

Pirlo had unlimited range and could make any pass but Xavi was better because if he was on the pitch you were basically assured control of the game and he never ever lost the ball.