Quantcast
Other Football - 2019/20 - Page 756 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Other Football - 2019/20

43 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Back to Asenal - Arteta set the tone for today with that piteous team selection against City. It was analogus to when McClaren/Allardyce/Pulis/insert other English medicority used to throw the towel in before the game started against Ferguson at Old Trafford. Presumably he was completely in awe of the untouchable Pep, hence threw his reserves out there. Risible.

Nah, these managers all think they're geniuses. He started Saka, Willock and Nketiah up front thinking of the credit he'd receive for playing the kids had they gotten a result. 

4 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Was just thinking that. 

Solanke - £19m - 1 in 55 in the league.

There can't have been a worse striker in the top flight that has played as many games.

Statistically you could almost certainly take someone from the Sunday Leagues and they'd probably score at least 1 in 55. Add to that some of those 55 games were for us, where the ball spends lots of time in and around the opposition penalty box. For a professional athlete to be that bad & paid millions for it is almost admirable in its own way.

10 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

It fills in the awful void of what sounds like two dicks commentating on a training match in an empty stadium. While I have the TV on, I'm not watching it all the time, so it just sounds like a normal match, whereas without the added fan soundtrack, it sounds extremely odd and distracting, not to mention, annoying.

It was funny last night, when the goals were scored, and the sound of the fans celebrating a goal came about 4-5 seconds after the goal went in. Seems the guy on sound wasn't paying attention, or had fallen asleep, or something. 

First time it happened, I thought the goal had been disallowed, the cheer came so late.

1 minute ago, Alex_K said:

Statistically you could almost certainly take someone from the Sunday Leagues and they'd probably score at least 1 in 55. Add to that some of those 55 games were for us, where the ball spends lots of time in and around the opposition penalty box. For a professional athlete to be that bad & paid millions for it is almost admirable in its own way.

He's not actually a terrible footballer. His touch is reasonably good, he's quite strong, quite quick, he just offers absolutely zero threat of actually scoring a goal. Which, you know, for a striker isn't great.

Should have become a centre back or a holding midfielder.

• Upvote 1

If I was a Bournemouth fan I'd be worried by the fact Howe still looks about 22. Normally managers worry that much about results they look old before their time

Luckily for him he ain't taking it home that home  

As long as Michael Edwards is not on the same charge sheet for stealing money from Bournemouth, alongside Solanke stealing a living, I'm alright with that.

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Nah, these managers all think they're geniuses. He started Saka, Willock and Nketiah up front thinking of the credit he'd receive for playing the kids had they gotten a result. 

It's like he's spitefully sabotaging a file on Football Manager. 

"Could play Ozil behind Lacazette and Aubameyang...or just chuck in a load of reserves instead. See how quickly I can get sacked"

14 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

In others games, sure, but when he speaks about Guardiola in such hugely pre-eminent terms ("extraordinary"; "he is phenomenal"; "in my coaching career and my personal life, he is an enormous influence"; "he was an influence for me since I was 15 years old and we met at Barcelona" etc. - all direct quotes) and with Brighton today, I think he clearly kept some players back at City to keep them fresh for Brighton assuming they couldn't get anything there. Which makes the blow up today all the more amusing.

I'd take Cavani here on a free and not super high wages if he's down with being a depth option at a big club. Almost certain he will chase the money but he's quite a romantic character for a footballer, so who knows. 

2 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

Who in their right mind thinks I know wee Davey Moyes is absolutely the best man to pull us out of the shite , some strange idiots  in charge of football clubs about .

Mrs O'T has just described West Ham's state.

It's like we"ve got different pieces of lab equipment of varying quality and we've given them to a dog and said "Go on. Do science."

• Upvote 2

Is that the neck incident? While he clearly grabs his neck, Maupay hitting the deck like that is overrreacting. Just push him off you little tart.

7 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Is that the neck incident? While he clearly grabs his neck, Maupay hitting the deck like that is overrreacting. Just push him off you little tart.

Footballers are ridiculous in their play acting. I love the sport but you can't beat a good on field scrap in rugby league/union, now I'm not advocating that for football as it's different with the fans being bigger cunts but footballers will be be tough specimens, they are super fit and though they aren't as big as rugby players they will still be stronger than the average man their size.

Haha, fat cunt custis losing it on Sunday Supplement. A joy to behold, the cunt showing what an absolute cunt he is, taking exception to Darren Lewis' view on Pogba. He's making into something personal against him when all Lewis has said is Pogba isnt as bad as cunt Custis makes out. His fucking fat head will explode with any luck!

Custis talking about bollocks on sky now saying he can see utd challenging for the title next season this from a club who aren't guaranteed champions league football yet. 

Just now, Tj hooker said:

Custis talking about bollocks on sky now saying he can see utd challenging for the title next season this from a club who aren't guaranteed champions league football yet. 

If refs keep giving them two penalties a game they might have a chance. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aws said:

If refs keep giving them two penalties a game they might have a chance. 

Didnt they say on the Sky commentary that united had been given the most pens, 12 this season in the league alone when they got the first one?

37 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Didnt they say on the Sky commentary that united had been given the most pens, 12 this season in the league alone when they got the first one?

One every other game wasn't enough for them to challenge so Moss decided to up the ante. 

Just finished watching Leeds lose.

Probably won’t derail their promotion push too much, as all the other teams are wank, but it still gives me pleasure.

I’m not fond of Leeds. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Just finished watching Leeds lose.

Probably won’t derail their promotion push too much, as all the other teams are wank, but it still gives me pleasure.

I’m not fond of Leeds. 

They have spent all of lockdown saying they should be named champions then one game in they are down to 2nd

West Brom v Brentford and Leeds v Fulham next weekend. If West Brom and Leeds both win it's done.