You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

31 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Yes. And rumour has it that we gave them the full gate receipts as well.

And he was being a bellend in the lounges before and after the game trying to take the piss out of Kenny Dalglish and Ian Rush. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/talksport.com/football/fa-cup/667544/liverpool-shrewsbury-ian-rush-sir-kenny-dalglish-fa-cup/amp/

Total twat, should fucking concentrate on why they had 8,000 glory hunter fans there when their normal gate is around 2,500.

• Upvote 1

I think Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain may well be lined up for TV when he finishes playing if he wants to go down that road, he seems perfect for it. He’s smart and articulate (a private education helps), he’s grounded, he’s popular with his peers, he’s played for top clubs and for England.

I think the reply to Shilton that hit home to me was.. "The people who hid Anne Frank were breaking the Law, the people who killed her were following it"

It's a bit of an extreme response but his idiotic idea of "or fuck off abroad" is too. All he had to say is he didn't agree with  how the statue was removed because for me The "fuck off abroad if you don't like it" language is usually the speak of a racist. At the minimum it's one of intolerance. 

For what it's worth id love to fuck off abroad.

Saw a headline suggesting the Premier League were considering declining the Saudi takeover at Newcastle and naively thought that their human rights record was the problem. Stupid me, obviously flogging people in the street and killing journalists is fine, but be in cahoots with firms who reduce Sky revenue is a real no-no.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

And he was being a bellend in the lounges before and after the game trying to take the piss out of Kenny Dalglish and Ian Rush. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/talksport.com/football/fa-cup/667544/liverpool-shrewsbury-ian-rush-sir-kenny-dalglish-fa-cup/amp/

Total twat, should fucking concentrate on why they had 8,000 glory hunter fans there when their normal gate is around 2,500.

What a twat. Danny Murphy saying Bobby is replaceable. Fucking helmet him. Cant stand the little sleazy cunt 

Oh and who the fuck is the Shrewsbury chairman? I imagine Kenny had him in his pocket. Kenny is quick witted as fuck. 

Thought Seville v Betis last night was a disappointing game. 

The coverage on that Premier Sport is shambolic. 

Juve v AC Milan in the cup is on tonight. Although I’ve just seen Ibrahimovic isn’t playing so I fully expect a comfortable win for Juve. 

6 minutes ago, dave u said:

Negged for not decking him.

Now please elaborate. What was this all about then?

Fair cop. 

I went to a corporate thing at southampton when I worked for a sponsor of theirs. Shilton was guest speaker in the Mick Channon lounge. I went for a piss at full-time and he was stood at the urinal next to me. Boring horrible cunt 

• Upvote 1

He's the worst, can't stand him. I hated him before it was cool to hate him. Don't even know why I hated him, I just did. I suspect it was a combination of things. First, I didn't think he was any good and it pissed me off that he was seen as England's number one and not Clemence.

I was a kid at the time and accept that he may well have been great back then for all I knew. But then when I was old enough to form a proper opinion I still thought he was shite (because by that stage he defo was, the leaden footed turd). So there was that.

I reckon my main beef with him was him crying over the Hand of God. Maradona was one of my heroes back then and I was even wearing an Argentina kit watching that game. When it finished, while the nation fumed and wept, I went straight into the garden, in full kit, pretending to be Diego.

Hearing Shilton whine about it for years just made me hate him even more. He's a good eight inches taller than Maradona and I don't give a fuck if Diego uses his hand. Shilton could use his too, but he got outjumped by one of the shortest players in the world.

Stupid curly haired fuck.

• Upvote 7

39 minutes ago, dave u said:

He's the worst, can't stand him. I hated him before it was cool to hate him. Don't even know why I hated him, I just did. I suspect it was a combination of things. First, I didn't think he was any good and it pissed me off that he was seen as England's number one and not Clemence.

I was a kid at the time and accept that he may well have been great back then for all I knew. But then when I was old enough to form a proper opinion I still thought he was shite (because by that stage he defo was, the leaden footed turd). So there was that.

I reckon my main beef with him was him crying over the Hand of God. Maradona was one of my heroes back then and I was even wearing an Argentina kit watching that game. When it finished, while the nation fumed and wept, I went straight into the garden, in full kit, pretending to be Diego.

Hearing Shilton whine about it for years just made me hate him even more. He's a good eight inches taller than Maradona and I don't give a fuck if Diego uses his hand. Shilton could use his too, but he got outjumped by one of the shortest players in the world.

This was about 2008 time and he must have been skint because he was trying to flog signed A3 photos of him, not even in a frame for 30 quid a pop. Two scummer season ticket holders at our table bought one each out of pity. 

41 minutes ago, dave u said:

This was about 2008 time and he must have been skint because he was trying to flog signed A3 photos of him, not even in a frame for 30 quid a pop. Two scummer season ticket holders at our table bought one each out of pity. 

EDIT: Oh and send me a fridge-magnet to wind my blue nose bird up you fucking terrapin 

On 13/06/2020 at 19:45, Bjornebye said:

scummer

Surely your not a Skate? It's never bothered me that shit to be honest, I've had a laugh about it with both sometimes, I worked on St Mary's stadium where they were Pompey brickies, which was a laugh at times. 

Not being from either place I wouldn't call either of them Skate/ Scummer it just doesn't register. 

Sticking up for the mushes a bit, don't know why mind. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Our local team Arminia Bielefeld played their game in hand last night against bottom team Dresden and won 4-0. That means with 3 games to go they are 9 points clear of 3rd team Stuttgart (top 2 gain automatic promotion to the Bundesliga) and due to their far superior goal difference  (Bielefeld + 31, Stuttgart + 13) are more or less promoted. One more win will secure the title as well. Not bad considering the state the club were in a few seasons ago. 

Leicester 53

Chelsea 48

Man U 45

Wolves 43

Sheff U 43

Spurs 41

Arsenal 40

Only 2 of these clubs will get into the CL.

Sheff U and Arsenal with a game in hand. 

Just not sure if the fancy dan players will fancy this hectic run-in. 

I just wonder if Sheff Utd might be a handy bet.

No crowds, I wonder if the top players might find it hard to motivate themselves, whereas Sheff Utd will go at it hard for 10 games.