Quantcast
Other Football - 2019/20 - Page 714 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Other Football - 2019/20

Recommended Posts

Roma chief executive Guido Fienga has praised his players’ “superb gesture” after they volunteered to forgo four months’ salary to help the club during the coronavirus pandemic.

The players, manager Paulo Fonseca and his staff will also pay the difference to ensure all club staff placed on furlough receive their full salary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Roma chief executive Guido Fienga has praised his players’ “superb gesture” after they volunteered to forgo four months’ salary to help the club during the coronavirus pandemic.

The players, manager Paulo Fonseca and his staff will also pay the difference to ensure all club staff placed on furlough receive their full salary.

Too right. It should be like that for all clubs with multi-millionaire players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1st row: Inter, Roma, Juventus, Napoli

2nd row: AC Milan, Fiorentina, Real Madrid, Barcelona

3rd row: Valencia, Dortmund, Bayern Munich, Man Utd

4th row: Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham, PSV

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Place 3-3 game was on Sky last night. It's not exactly how I remembered it, my memory had us chasing goals galore even after they scored. In reality we were goosed long before that, Sterling and Sturridge were gassed, Suarez was either an injury doubt or was ill in the lead up and he was proper knackered from 60-65 minutes. We had Phil on the bench but he had some issues too, other than that it was a mix match of shite on the bench.

 

We had Mingolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Sakho and Flanagan as the back 5 and Moses, Aspas, Cissoko and Joe Allen as the go too men in time of need. It was truly a miracle we got ourselves into that position in the first place with that lot. Of those maybe Johnson makes the squad now and probably Mingolet. To think they could have won the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, andrew78 said:

What's people's take on Newcastle, obviously they are going to buy the league with dodgy deals and dirty money.Man city all over again 

 

It's not that obvious. This could end up being another of those owners who says he has the financial backing of sovereign wealth, just to get the deal over the line and feed his ego that he now owns a high-profile football club. Once the ink is dry on the contract, it will emerge that he is the 5th cousin twice removed of the person who is actually wealthy, and that he doesn't have anything like the money needed to make Newcastle competitive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Trumo said:

 

It's not that obvious. This could end up being another of those owners who says he has the financial backing of sovereign wealth, just to get the deal over the line and feed his ego that he now owns a high-profile football club. Once the ink is dry on the contract, it will emerge that he is the 5th cousin twice removed of the person who is actually wealthy, and that he doesn't have anything like the money needed to make Newcastle competitive.

The prince controls the country's Public Investment Fund (PIF) - one of the world's wealthiest sovereign funds - which looks set to own 80 per cent of the club's shares. So how is it not obvious mate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, No2 said:

The Place 3-3 game was on Sky last night. It's not exactly how I remembered it, my memory had us chasing goals galore even after they scored. In reality we were goosed long before that, Sterling and Sturridge were gassed, Suarez was either an injury doubt or was ill in the lead up and he was proper knackered from 60-65 minutes. We had Phil on the bench but he had some issues too, other than that it was a mix match of shite on the bench.

 

We had Mingolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Sakho and Flanagan as the back 5 and Moses, Aspas, Cissoko and Joe Allen as the go too men in time of need. It was truly a miracle we got ourselves into that position in the first place with that lot. Of those maybe Johnson makes the squad now and probably Mingolet. To think they could have won the league.

That cart horse of a centre half could try that shot for the first goal 100 times and it wouldn’t go in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, No2 said:

The Place 3-3 game was on Sky last night. It's not exactly how I remembered it, my memory had us chasing goals galore even after they scored. In reality we were goosed long before that, Sterling and Sturridge were gassed, Suarez was either an injury doubt or was ill in the lead up and he was proper knackered from 60-65 minutes. We had Phil on the bench but he had some issues too, other than that it was a mix match of shite on the bench.

 

We had Mingolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Sakho and Flanagan as the back 5 and Moses, Aspas, Cissoko and Joe Allen as the go too men in time of need. It was truly a miracle we got ourselves into that position in the first place with that lot. Of those maybe Johnson makes the squad now and probably Mingolet. To think they could have won the league.

 

We shouldnt have drawn that game. We were well in control but the palace fans stayed behind their team despite them being 3-0 down. When they scored, we did try to go up the other end and score. We should have tried to draw their sting, I dont think we were gassed. Hindsight is wonderful and we were slow making changes when they got it back to 3-2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

 

We shouldnt have drawn that game. We were well in control but the palace fans stayed behind their team despite them being 3-0 down. When they scored, we did try to go up the other end and score. We should have tried to draw their sting, I dont think we were gassed. Hindsight is wonderful and we were slow making changes when they got it back to 3-2.

Of course we shouldn't have drawn, we were 3 up with 10 minutes to go. Watching last night I wanted changes earlier but the options were shit or shitter. Lucas and Allen were both playing already, one of them would have been the usual 1st sub, that option wasn't there. Agger was on the bench if we wanted to go 3 at the back but being 3 up and in control hardly calls for that. Our fans were chanting attack attack attack so it was forgivable to want and expect more.

 

As I said earlier I remembered it as a collapse while chasing tonnes of goals. It wasn't that at all, it was a fluke goal followed 60 seconds later by a Glen Johnson mistake and a goalkeeper who doesn't make saves. Both goals came before we could react and in fact we had a sub ready to go on. We gained a bit of control again and then Skrtel fucked up.  It wasn't bottle or Rodgers or a collapse, it was Glen Johnson doing what Glen Johnson always done, it was Martin Skrtel doing Martin Skrtel always does and Simon Mingolet doing what he never done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trumo said:

 

It's not that obvious. This could end up being another of those owners who says he has the financial backing of sovereign wealth, just to get the deal over the line and feed his ego that he now owns a high-profile football club. Once the ink is dry on the contract, it will emerge that he is the 5th cousin twice removed of the person who is actually wealthy, and that he doesn't have anything like the money needed to make Newcastle competitive.

Well if he is minted bad news, they are  going to chuck a load of money at them ,and we will never hear the end of it, cause they are gobshites I work with a load of them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

More minted than City's owners. It's why FFP needs to be strict as fuck otherwise football itself just becomes another stable for Saudi princes.

They both will find away around it ,leaves teams that try to go it the right way like us pissing in the wind

11 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

More minted than City's owners. It's why FFP needs to be strict as fuck otherwise football itself just becomes another stable for Saudi princes.

2 hours ago, Trumo said:

 

It's not that obvious. This could end up being another of those owners who says he has the financial backing of sovereign wealth, just to get the deal over the line and feed his ego that he now owns a high-profile football club. Once the ink is dry on the contract, it will emerge that he is the 5th cousin twice removed of the person who is actually wealthy, and that he doesn't have anything like the money needed to make Newcastle competitive.

Well if he is minted bad news, they are  going to chuck a load of money at them ,and we will never hear the end of it, cause they are gobshites I work with a load of them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, andrew78 said:

Well if he is minted bad news, they are  going to chuck a load of money at them ,and we will never hear the end of it, cause they are gobshites I work with a load of them 

City fans used to be ok until they struck oil. Newcastle fans are already arseholes, it doesn’t bode well at all.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

City fans used to be ok until they struck oil. Newcastle fans are already arseholes, it doesn’t bode well at all.

They are aswell ,gobby cunts going to be a fucking nightmare ,if it's true they will win the league, with them backing them ffs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not arsed the slightest about Newcastle. City are mega rich, cheat the system and have one of the top managers in the world and yet we went toe to toe with them last season and left them 25 point in the distance this.

 

Be a long time before I lose any sleep over bleeding Newcastle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×