Quantcast
Other Football - 2019/20 - Page 711 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Other Football - 2019/20

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, kemskem said:

Just came across this 

 

Seem to remember watching this

Think it was a early evening kickoff on itv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kemskem said:

Just came across this 

 

Jimmy greaves: justice was done, it was only one hand from Dixon and a one handed save from the keeper.

 

Perhaps pundits have always spoken nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Jimmy greaves: justice was done, it was only one hand from Dixon and a one handed save from the keeper.

 

Perhaps pundits have always spoken nonsense.


Probably pissed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone remember the season after Arsenal won the league they started running out into the centre circle before every game and waving to all four corners of the ground? Arrogant twats, I absolutely hated them for that.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dave u said:

Anyone remember the season after Arsenal won the league they started running out into the centre circle before every game and waving to all four corners of the ground? Arrogant twats, I absolutely hated them for that.

We should emulate that for away games with the players mooning all corners. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It really wound me up. Fucking Tony Adams and his big donkey sprint he used to do out of the tunnel. They'd all run to the middle and then wave to everyone as though they were doing us a favour by gracing us with their presence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dave u said:

Anyone remember the season after Arsenal won the league they started running out into the centre circle before every game and waving to all four corners of the ground? Arrogant twats, I absolutely hated them for that.

What would you think if Liverpool's players do that, assuming a) we win the League this season and b) we actually see the beginning of the next season sometime soon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dave u said:

Anyone remember the season after Arsenal won the league they started running out into the centre circle before every game and waving to all four corners of the ground? Arrogant twats, I absolutely hated them for that.

Yeah and they were the first to start clapping the lino when he flagged the oppo striker offside when it was a close call.

 

Would I like Liverpool players doing that? No, I wouldnt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

What would you think if Liverpool's players do that, assuming a) we win the League this season and b) we actually see the beginning of the next season sometime soon?

We wouldn't do it because Klopp would never allow something like that.

 

IF, however, we did do it, I'd think it's funny because of how much it would wind people up, like it wound me up when Arsenal did it. I wouldn't blame anyone who thought we were arrogant twats for doing it though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/03/2020 at 10:48, Grinch said:

That young Ajax lad has woke from his coma after over two years. 

 

 

Imagine the confusion to waking up now in this world! 
Although I’ve looked it up and it seems he has pretty bad brain damage so not sure he’d know much that was going on around him. Poor lad, it’s been claimed he didn’t get the best care pitch side at the time. Shocking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Radi Antic has died too, 71. Cause of death is unknown. 

 

It was his goal for Luton that made David Pleat skip across the pitch like a drunken dad at a wedding. The goal kept Luton up and relegated Man City. Antic later coached in La Liga, managing Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atletico, winning the league and cup double with them in 1996. Current Atletico coach Simeone played in that side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Trumo said:

 

It was his goal for Luton that made David Pleat skip across the pitch like a drunken dad at a wedding. The goal kept Luton up and relegated Man City. Antic later coached in La Liga, managing Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atletico, winning the league and cup double with them in 1996. Current Atletico coach Simeone played in that side.

Really never knew that, I'm trying to think of the year in relation to his age of 71, could it be 35 years or so ago? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Really never knew that, I'm trying to think of the year in relation to his age of 71, could it be 35 years or so ago? 

1982/83, so 37 years ago.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, easytoslip said:

That long ago, so City got relegated later too as that what I was thinking about? 

Twas an inconic moment, pretty sure Match of The Day had it in their opening credits for the next season. I'll never forget being sat in with the home crowd at Maine Road with my city supporting mate in that game when Ball was manager. Rushie scored 2 and I had to sit on my hands. Im sure I was made by one city fan near us as he kept glancing at me when city scored twice to equalise and I had a gob on me.

 

Then all the fun with their corner and they pissed about taking it because Ball had indicated the 2-2 draw was enough to keep them up. Except it wasnt. Biggest laugh of the day that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Twas an inconic moment, pretty sure Match of The Day had it in their opening credits for the next season. I'll never forget being sat in with the home crowd at Maine Road with my city supporting mate in that game when Ball was manager. Rushie scored 2 and I had to sit on my hands. Im sure I was made by one city fan near us as he kept glancing at me when city scored twice to equalise and I had a gob on me.

 

Then all the fun with their corner and they pissed about taking it because Ball had indicated the 2-2 draw was enough to keep them up. Except it wasnt. Biggest laugh of the day that.

Haha, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×