You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

Guest Pistonbroke

Strange approach by Barcelona. I doubt their fans are happy with the tactics they used. 

Only got to see the second half of the Bitters v Mancs game as I went to see my local team Bielefeld play. Funny as fuck the way that game ended. 

Beckham's new team kick off their adventure soon. Inter Miami...sounds like some piss take name a troll would come up with. 

36 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Strange approach by Barcelona. I doubt their fans are happy with the tactics they used. 

Only got to see the second half of the Bitters v Mancs game as I went to see my local team Bielefeld play. Funny as fuck the way that game ended. 

Beckham's new team kick off their adventure soon. Inter Miami...sounds like some piss take name a troll would come up with. 

Inter Milan have started legal proceedings over the name infringement I believe.

Not sure on what grounds , I cant imagine they have a copyright over the word that would encompass America.

38 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Hope they get beat.

Barca and Real served up bit of a shitshow. Neither side is winning the Champions League that's for damn sure.

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Really? He has been decent for the most part I think. 

He's a quality player, but he's a terrible fit in their team because he occupies the same space and role on the pitch as Messi. Unnecessary purchase and he was very expensive. 

5 hours ago, Tarwater said:

While I think that goal should be annulled, I also think it’s a matter of interpretation. As the on field ref did not deem it offside, I can’t see why VAR should interfere, as it doesn’t constitute a clear error.

Agree with all that.

A bloke lying in an offside position in the six yard box in front of the keeper - this not interfering with play thing and the benefit of the doubt to the attacking team seems a little double-standardish now that armpits can be offside. 

So, it's offside for me.

But then, yes, VAR seems to have gone and made a counter-interpretative decision.

So I don't agree with the ref's original decision, and nor do I agree with VAR overruling him.

VAR, as confusing and unclear as ever.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, skaro said:

I note that Pep is claiming his "second title of the season" - yesterday, and the Charity Shield.

Even the great Liverpool and United sides couldn’t match it. We won European Cups Pep, not winning Cups sponsored by our owners and beating lower division sides whilst spending 1.5b.

Guest Pistonbroke
11 hours ago, sir roger said:

Inter Milan have started legal proceedings over the name infringement I believe.

Not sure on what grounds , I cant imagine they have a copyright over the word that would encompass America.

Kind of weird when other teams have used 'Inter' before Miami.

Inter Sibiu (Romanian), Inter Turku (Finland), and Inter Bratislava (Slovakian) spring to mind. As usual Italians being all arsey. I hate their clubs, always looking at making money, especially through shitty loan deals and shit offers for players. One of the major leagues I've never followed as such, I'll watch the odd game but can take it or leave it. 

It deserved to be chalked off for Sigurdsson being a lazy cunt and just sitting there for a few seconds after going to ground with his attempt. Defenders get absolutely murdered for laziness costing their team, yet he's got off very lightly. 

30 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Clattenburg has come out and said it should have stood. I know he is fucking hopeless as a ref but I'm pretty certain he understands the laws of the game better than any of us. 

Because he's a ref? Fucking hell, you silly beach towel.

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

"Not that kind of lad", Jenas says as the Portsmouth player scissor tackles Torreira. "You're going home in a fucking ambulance", sing the Portsmouth supporters as he writhes on the ground. Ah, the magic of the cup.

I remember being in the Pompey end at Stamford Bridge when Chelsea beat them in the cup. 2012 I think. Right near us someone twatted into John Terry who was flat on the deck wth medics running over and the song went up "We hope that you die, John Terry, we hope that you die". 

Decent fans most of the time. 

14 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I remember being in the Pompey end at Stamford Bridge when Chelsea beat them in the cup. 2012 I think. Right near us someone twatted into John Terry who was flat on the deck wth medics running over and the song went up "We hope that you die, John Terry, we hope that you die". 

Decent fans most of the time. 

Does that make them bad people 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, an tha said:

The 'magic' of the cup eh...

League 1 Portsmouth with 6 changes and an Arsenal team out of Europe make changes galore.

But, but.... isn’t that also known as disrespecting the cup???

48 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

"He's not that kind of lad", Jermaine Jenas says as the Portsmouth player scissor tackles Torreira. "You're going home in a fucking ambulance", sing the Portsmouth supporters as he writhes on the ground. Ah, the magic of the cup.

Pulis is co-commentating on 5 Live. He thought it was a good tackle and that Torreira was play acting. Went very quiet when he was stretchered off.

• Upvote 1