You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

He wasn't obstructing the goalkeepers line of vision. If he was, well then he would have been. 

PGMOL disagrees

ESCjB9hXsAIqVir?format=jpg

And here's an image of the moment where De Gea's vision is impeded:

ESCS5xqXYAARMRT?format=jpg

FWIW, I don't think De Gea would have saved it either way. But his ability to save the shot has been impeded by the player blocking his view and by the player moving his legs out of the way of the ball.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Elite said:

Sick of watching City twat shit teams in domestic cup finals.

Judging by the lack of fuss they make about the City cheats, the shit teams must be perfectly happy with the City squad hoovering  up all their chances of actually winning something. No doubt Samuel will be writing another article to explain how an oil state extravagantly funding a club is good for the game and for the other clubs. 

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

PGMOL disagrees

FWIW, I don't think De Gea would have saved it either way. But his ability to save the shot has been impeded by the player blocking his view.

Gylfi>Beachball

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

PGMOL disagrees

FWIW, I don't think De Gea would have saved it either way. But his ability to save the shot has been impeded by the player blocking his view.

I think the key is did De Gea clearly see the deflection and the ball change direction.  It looks on the pic as if he is still moving the wrong way to save the original shot which tends to suggest his view of the deflection was impeded .

I think it was just about right to disallow it . You can't have offside players sitting on the deck right in front of the keeper when shots are coming in .

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Why on earth does HRH Wills support Villa ?  

A) He's probably never been to Birmingham

B) Its a vulgar pleb game and the ball is round

Could it be that it's because he's an in-bred retard who thinks having an original thought is something for Jarvis in that room in the west wing is there to do for him whilst he watches his emaciated wife vomit up her latest bowl of alfafa sprouts?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gkmacca said:

Could it be that it's because he's an in-bred retard who thinks having an original thought is something for Jarvis in that room in the west wing is there to do for him whilst he watches his emaciated wife vomit up her latest bowl of alfafa sprouts?

I'll put you down as a "maybe" on abolishing the monarchy then.

24 minutes ago, magicrat said:

This is what he says about it.

Ahead of Villa's FA Cup defeat to Arsenal in May 2015, he spoke to BBC presenter Gary Linker about his Villa allegiance.

Prince William said: “A long time ago at school I got into football big time. I was looking around for clubs. All my friends at school were either Man United fans or Chelsea fans and I didn’t want to follow the run of the mill teams.

“I wanted to have a team that was more mid-table that could give me more emotional rollercoaster moments.

“Aston Villa’s always had a great history. I have got friends of mine who support Aston Villa and one of the first FA Cup games I went to was Bolton v Aston Villa back in 2000. Sadly, Villa went on to lose to Chelsea.

“It was fantastic, I sat with all the fans with my red beanie on, and I was sat with all the Brummie fans and had a great time.

“It was the atmosphere, the camaraderie and I really felt that there was something I could connect with.”

So basically, he's a glutton for punishment.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, magicrat said:

I think he just picked them as a child? Perhaps he liked the colour of their kit!