Quantcast
Other Football - 2019/20 - Page 666 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Other Football - 2019/20

Recommended Posts

It's clear to me after watching this round of matches that we will hammer city in the league and everyone else we meet in the CL too. We are so much better than everyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Real are just not the same team they were in an attacking sense. ZZ has got them defending better on a whole and they are really poor all round by their standards. Think of all the top 5 leagues only ourselves have conceded less goals than them, but they don#t score as freely these days.  

 

City aren't all that themselves when playing against the so called better teams, especially when those teams have potent attacks. I reckon at least 4 teams will do City over 2 legs. Bayern, Ourselves if we get through, Barcelona and Leipzig will give them a tough time, all depends on Leipzigs own defence though. 

How much did Zizou spend last summer ? 200 - 300 M€ ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should keep an eye on Marco Asensio's situation at Madrid. Coming back from an ACL but that kid was sensational before the injury.

 

Obviously the injury has hurt his potential transfer fee too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

We should keep an eye on Marco Asensio's situation at Madrid. Coming back from an ACL but that kid was sensational before the injury.

 

Obviously the injury has hurt his potential transfer fee too.

Marco Asensio is one of the biggest myths in world football!  He scored ONE league goal in the season (30 appearances) before getting injured.  Sensational my arse.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Valverde was the only energy they had in midfield - Modric spent most of his time in his own half and Casemiro walked around for 90 minutes. How he gets in ahead of Fabinho for Brazil a mystery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Marco Asensio is one of the biggest myths in world football!  He scored ONE league goal in the season (30 appearances) before getting injured.  Sensational my arse.

Yes - but he fits the FSG mold perfectly. A young player who was very good for a couple seasons - now off the boil. Could be had for cut rate fee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, No2 said:

It's clear to me after watching this round of matches that we will hammer city in the league and everyone else we meet in the CL too. We are so much better than everyone else.

We just lost to atletico. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No doubt Madrid will try to unsettle loads of players for the summer. Think Zidane will probably get sacked. Probably start trying to tap up a few managers or get Pochettino.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, No2 said:

It's clear to me after watching this round of matches that we will hammer city in the league and everyone else we meet in the CL too. We are so much better than everyone else.

Apart from Atletico Madrid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yes - but he fits the FSG mold perfectly. A young player who was very good for a couple seasons - now off the boil. Could be had for cut rate fee.

I don't think he was ever "very good" - the most goals he ever scored in a season is 6.  And that's playing regularly for one of the most dominant teams in the league.  He's 24, so should be approaching peak powers, not really young.

He scored a couple of long range belters a few years ago and that's it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Madrid were fine but the lack of attacking options they had was crippling. Relying on a disinterest Bale off the bench, really not ideal.

 

I thought City's formation was pretty cool. It looked like they played some kind of 4-4-2 with Bernardo Silva and De Bruyne as the strikers with Mahrez on the right and Jesus on the left. 

 

Otherwise, Juve are mediocre. Absolutely dominated by an average Lyon side in the first half and they didn't create much when needing to equalize. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sarri always felt like a deeply underwhelming appointment for them. History will show that he probably did quite well at Chelsea all things considering, but the extent of his domestic triumphs in Italy were .. taking Napoli close in the league but folding just when they looked like they may actually snatch the league? He's won nothing in Italy .. hardly strikes as the inspiring figure to get Juve back into CL final contention .. would have been better going with Conte.

 

And Eden Hazard .. no idea how quickly he moves the ball forward, but 1 goal in 10 games for Real Madrid? Turns up self-admittedly 5 kils over weight on a £100 million fee then proceeds to spend the season injured at age 29? They've had their pants pulled down QPR-style there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alex_K said:

Sarri always felt like a deeply underwhelming appointment for them. History will show that he probably did quite well at Chelsea all things considering, but the extent of his domestic triumphs in Italy were .. taking Napoli close in the league but folding just when they looked like they may actually snatch the league? He's won nothing in Italy .. hardly strikes as the inspiring figure to get Juve back into CL final contention .. would have been better going with Conte.

 

And Eden Hazard .. no idea how quickly he moves the ball forward, but 1 goal in 10 games for Real Madrid? Turns up self-admittedly 5 kils over weight on a £100 million fee then proceeds to spend the season injured at age 29? They've had their pants pulled down QPR-style there.

Juventus could have just kept Allegri if they wanted to win stuff, but word is that they wanted to play a sexier kind of football as well.  It seems that Sarri is a bit of a stepping stone to Guardiola.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think city will probably win it out right if we don't get past athletico. If they do they do, it's not like United winning it or Everton there's no rivalry and everything city win is hollow. As for it overshadowing us winning the league, no chance, so the media might focus on city and other fans too who cares for Liverpool fans winning the league after 30 years is the biggest thing ever! this season has been boss regardless of what the middle east PR exercise achieves.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Funkasy said:

We just lost to atletico. 

 

And a draw from two games against Napoli.

 

Although I guess we were in a similarly unspectacular position at this point of the CL last season.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

The fella has to have won a couple CL's, a few league titles and the World Cup. 

Every Real Madrid player, and the entire league, is terrible because they lost 2-1 to Manchester City.

 

It's the Ardja way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Every Real Madrid player, and the entire league, is terrible because they lost 2-1 to Manchester City.

 

It's the Ardja way.

Haven't real and barca been pretty shite this year tbf? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s unfortunate, but the instant that UEFA ban was announced their meandering, inconsistent, gutless season suddenly got an injection of focus, purpose and spite.

 

Didn’t think they had any chance of winning it prior to that, but it’s elevated the likelihood considerably.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I think city will probably win it out right if we don't get past athletico. If they do they do, it's not like United winning it or Everton there's no rivalry and everything city win is hollow. As for it overshadowing us winning the league, no chance, so the media might focus on city and other fans too who cares for Liverpool fans winning the league after 30 years is the biggest thing ever! this season has been boss regardless of what the middle east PR exercise achieves.

City winning it will be massive news. 

Our title win will have been cemented 3/4 months before hand most likely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

It’s unfortunate, but the instant that UEFA ban was announced their meandering, inconsistent, gutless season suddenly got an injection of focus, purpose and spite.

 

Didn’t think they had any chance of winning it prior to that, but it’s elevated the likelihood considerably.

Let's see how bad the Laporte injury is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×