You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

1 minute ago, polymerpunkah said:

I suppose I should want them to finish fourth vs some of the other candidates, but to hell with them.

No better than City when it comes to dodgy funding, and as high a proportion of cunt supporters as any club in the world.

Also the strange racist subsection of their fanbase makes no sense, being London based. Not that racism ever "makes sense", especially when you look at the makeup of all elite football teams.

5 minutes ago, rotoq said:

I know it's early but I'm quite surprised the revived and outwardly more positive mourinho hasn't got a better lift out of that spurs team. All the noise was that potch was the problem and the players werent with him. Usually ANYONE can come in and get a better performance at least for a while (see Ole)

Mourinho's been finished for years. People acted like his performance at United was an outlier. It wasn't. He was dreadful towards the end at Chelsea; he continued that on at United; more so at Spurs (noted at the time how fun it was going to be to see him and the equally loathsome Leavy unravel there). You have to reconcile the fact that he's essentially a different human being to the man that strutted into Stamford Bridge 15 years ago. I repeat - fifteen years ago. That Mourinho would have met the suggestion that he would ever be a skysports pundit with a shit eating smirk. Yet, that's precisely what he became. He's more in the Souness or Gary Neville mould now - a decent generic commenter on the game, but way out of touch with how to construct an elite management structure & tactical toolkit.

Mourinho epitomises being the ego centric loner while Klopp has surrounded himself with the worlds finest coaches and staff in every facet of the game - from the pitch to the backroom.

Guest Pistonbroke

Lampard relies way too much on the youngsters he believes in. Abraham may have scored 13 goals this season but they have come in bunches and he's just not consistent enough to carry a team and win points on the road. Mount is another who is feeling the pace and he's been bang average since Nov now. They've been crying out for a top forward for ages now, or at least another top class M/F who chips in with a load of goals. Naivety at best, out of his depth at worse. 

Seems churlish to complain given our current position, but fuck it. Given how the contenders are dropping points left right and centre and it's going to be a case of the least worst team getting there:

why the fuck was it never this easy to get in the top 4 when that was our ambition!?

1 minute ago, Manny said:

Seems churlish to complain given our current position, but fuck it. Given how the contenders are dropping points left right and centre and it's going to be a case of the least worst team getting there:

why the fuck was it never this easy to get in the top 4 when that was our ambition!?

Every time our team has been world class, there's just always been another oil injected wanker team along side. The irony is that this season they're dropping off, but even at their best we'd still be top.

2 minutes ago, Manny said:

But if it would have been or even if Brendan got over the line we wouldn't be sitting here with Klopp right now I suppose

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Jairzinho said:

This year's top four.

Liverpool

Leicester

Sheffield United

Newcastle

It would be hilarious if Wolves (who you seem to have written off) or Sheff United could sneak 4th. If the Ev had kept Big Dunc in charge they may have had a slight chance of sneaking 4th themselves. OK, maybe that is going too far. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Having only played 21 games, we've got 1 more point than Arsenal and Spurs combined and they have played a combined 4 games more than us, let that sink in. 

17 minutes ago, rotoq said:

Also the strange racist subsection of their fanbase makes no sense, being London based. Not that racism ever "makes sense", especially when you look at the makeup of all elite football teams.

It kinda does.

living down here, I’m not sure if you do, but the vast, vast majority of people just don’t give a fuck, but there’s a really strong minority who are cunts.

Those who speak loudest etc.

1 hour ago, rotoq said:

Part of me doesn't care what happens in other matches as long as we win the league.

But another bigger part of me wants United, city, arsenal, and Chelsea to lose every match they ever fucking play. We've lost out to them too many times to forget about. And their fans give us dogs abuse. Fuck em.

“It is not enough that I succeed, everyone else must fail” Gore Vidal

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

It kinda does.

living down here, I’m not sure if you do, but the vast, vast majority of people just don’t give a fuck, but there’s a really strong minority who are cunts.

Those who speak loudest etc.

Fair enough. I live in rural Ireland surrounded by 100% white people, so maybe it's naïve but I expect to see less multicultural areas have more racists.

• Upvote 1

Kind of puts to bed the argument of this being the "weakest league ever", doesn't it? English sides DOMINATING in European competition (4 English sides simultaneously in European finals for the first time ever last season; all progressing this season), while routinely dropping points week by week domestically. That is - except for us, of course who just put together the greatest start of season run in the entire history of the universe of European top flight football (cant quite overstate that enough!!!!). Perhaps the media will soon wake up to the fact that we have 6 greatest-of-all-time Premier League players playing simultaneously in the same side, with an admirable rest of team following them up?

3 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Kind of puts to bed the argument of this being the "weakest league ever", doesn't it? English sides DOMINATING in European competition (4 English sides simultaneously in European finals for the first time ever last season; all progressing this season), while routinely dropping points week by week domestically. That is - except for us, of course who just put together the greatest start of season run in the entire history of the universe of European top flight football (cant quite overstate that enough!!!!). Perhaps the media will soon wake up to the fact that we have 6 greatest-of-all-time Premier League players playing simultaneously in the same side, with an admirable rest of team following them up?

I’ve seen some say that it’s just a weak era globally, with Messi and Ronaldo's continued brilliance being proof of that, something that has nothing to do with the fact that they’re two of the best attacking players in history and, therefore, still remain quite special even as they decline.

Just now, TheDrowningMan said:

I’ve seen some say that it’s just a weak era globally, with Messi and Ronaldo's continued brilliance being proof of that, something that has nothing to do with the fact that they’re two of the best attacking players in history and, therefore, still remain quite special even as they decline.

Yea what's more likely, there are two amazing players, or everyone except those two are shite and theyre just good.