You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

Guest Pistonbroke

Doh......thought this was a 8pm KO so missed the lot of it, just wondered why they had fucking handball on after our game and only realised this was on Sport 2. Ah well, at least I don't have to watch the cunts win, tuned in just to see Pep all happy and Wilder looking a bit peeeved at the bald rat trying to hug and pull his hand. No doubt City have softened Sheff United up for us. 

3 minutes ago, rotoq said:

Chuffed to see Stevie get a win over Celtic. No interest in the religion or politics inherent in the SPL (I'm an atheist from Northern Ireland so we've enough of that caveman bollocks over here, thank you very much) but loved seeing how fucking ecstatic he was.

Really hope he wins a league title as a manager as it's a travesty he never won one as a player.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, Angie81 said:

Why is Chris kavanagh born in Manchester allowed to ref this game?

He is also reffing the Arsenal V Manc game New Years day. 

Oh well, it could be worse, I guess. Fuck VAR!

Soz about the formatting, BBC Sport for you https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50935795

Northcourt RoadThe game was played at Abingdon United's Northcourt Road ground
Imagine the scene - your team are 8-0 up at half-time against your big cross-town rivals in the highlight of your festive fixture list.

But, rather than battle it out, your opponents decide they would rather go home than come out for the second half.

Well, that is exactly what happened in Abingdon on Saturday as the Oxfordshire town's big game between Abingdon United and Abingdon Town ended in bizarre circumstances.

Town, who are bottom of Hellenic League Division One East and won just twice all season, travelled to second-placed United.

"In my 30 years of football I've never known anything like that to happen," United secretary John Blackmore told BBC Sport.

The hosts took the lead after four minutes and were 4-0 up inside quarter of an hour.

After missing a chance for a fifth goal from a couple of yards out, United went to town in the final 15 minutes of the half - and, as it proved, the match - as they hit four more.

Town's players, who ply their trade in the 10th tier of English football, decided they had had enough and refused to come out for the second period.

"The game started off fine, there was no nastiness or anything like that, but we were 8-0 up at half-time and then their manager and players didn't come out for the second half," added Blackmore.

"There was a reasonable crowd there of about 160 people and they were as gobsmacked as anybody else.

"We want to win a game, but not in this sort of fashion."

It is understood Town's players left their kit behind in the changing rooms upon departing the ground at half-time.

"After all the problems we had last year we hoped we had turned a corner and could stabilise the club," said Brian Kirk, the club's chairman and secretary, who was not at the game.

"This is incredibly disappointing to hear, but I can't make too many more comments until I can get hold of the manager."

The Hellenic League told BBC Sport it would review the match report and decide if any action needs to be taken against Abingdon Town as a result of the game.

See if you can guess who said this?

"They are getting a very experienced Premier League manager," said _____.

"I think there's only two or three managers with a better Premier League win record. That's what I do, I win.

"I'm here to get ____ ___ wins and get them away from the bottom three."

9 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

See if you can guess who said this?

"They are getting a very experienced Premier League manager," said _____.

"I think there's only two or three managers with a better Premier League win record. That's what I do, I win.

"I'm here to get ____ ___ wins and get them away from the bottom three."

If Moyes really believes that his Premier League win record is in the top twenty, let alone top four, West Ham are utterly fucked. 

You don't need to win to be a winner, but he's a winner.

And what's this shite he's spouting about being 'home'? He was there 7 months, barely time to get his feet under the table. If he'd returned to Woodison, then he could genuinely say it, but not West Ham.

He's only on the first day of his new spell and he's come out with those two whoppers already. 

• Upvote 1

Out of spiteful interest, I looked up his premier league record here- it's 38.8%, so to be fair, he's a little better than the usual superannuated dinosaurs like Pardew, Hodgson, Pulis, Allardyce and Hughes.

Matches    W    D    L    Goals    Points    PPM
526    204    144    178    690:657    756    1,44

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:
southendmadhammer

Re: David Moyes - 18th Permanent Manager of WHUFC

Post Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:19 pm

The 10 or so minutes SSN broadcast was depressing beyond belief.

Oof, some of the replies there-

At times they can be misconceived but David Sullivan and David Gold have been excellent. They called me and asked if I wanted to come back and I said 'I can't wait'

spoken with every bit of pride that you'd expect from a man who has been rejected non stop for 18 months since last getting mugged off by them.