You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

Just now, Lee909 said:

Its the weird offside screwing VAR up more than anything. They either need new cameras for better and more angles or change up the offside rule

Agree.

I think they should use the position of the foot only and build in some margin of error where marginal calls are declared level

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Would be lovely watching Stevie and Henderson both lifting league titles in May.    Gerrard can then take a step up to some mid table premier League club to really see what he's got about him. 

Not sure I'd like to see him at Man Utd, Rangers is bad enough.

Just now, Ronnie Whelan said:

Are United really mid table. Ole has got a few good results against bigger teams but still think they have a bit to go to be classed in the same group as the Arsenals or Evertons of this world.

Ole's working diligently on establishing their mid table status.

14 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

How could he avoid that shot you utter clowns 

the other lot should have had two red cards by now and Ryan jack is a dirty dirty bastard 

any self respecting red wanting r*ngers to win is a twat 

Rangers are the Mancs of Scotland but I cant stomach Neil Lennon with a passion. 

Guest Pistonbroke
8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

the other lot should have had two red cards by now and Ryan jack is a dirty dirty bastard 

So you want the rules changed mate? It hit his arm so it's not a legal goal regardless of the circumstances. Plus who said they want Rangers to win? 

17 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Its fuck all to do with wanting anyone to win. The rule is a forward cannot benefit from the ball hitting their arm intentional or not

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Nelly-Torres said:

I've got no religious/sectarian skin in the game. But, I've always preferred Celtic. But, you can't help but want to see Stevie G do well. 

Ditto. Always prefer Celtic to win but as the years have gone by I actually don't care as much as I used too. SG doing well up there could benefit us in the future, although I'd still prefer Celtic to win the league over Rangers. The last few meetings you can see how well SG has Rangers performing though as they create more chances than Celtic. 

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I've got no religious/sectarian skin in the game. But, I've always preferred Celtic. But, you can't help but want to see Stevie G do well. 

Same as me mate. I was up in Glasgow last year and went out of my way to visit park head. However like I've said I cant stand Neil Lennon and would rather see Steve lift the title than that dickhead. 

Just now, Leyton388 said:

Same as me mate. I was up in Glasgow last year and went out of my way to visit park head. However like I've said I cant stand Neil Lennon and would rather see Steve lift the title than that dickhead. 

Likewise. Pity they can't swap managers

I always had a soft spot for Celtic but can't help but want stevie to do well. Probably just about want celtic to win the league.

One thing i did notice when i met a gang of glasgow lads on holidays last year was that they were a mix of rangers and celtic and that showed that bar the bigotry at the games, it's not like what it was years ago. They were all a good laugh. 

36 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Agree.

I think they should use the position of the foot only and build in some margin of error where marginal calls are declared level

Or just revert to "clear and obvious" for offside as they're [supposed] to do with all other VAR reviews, at least until the technology is up to making precision decisions.