You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

33 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Brutal is a bit strong.

It really isn't, he has been absolutely fucking horrendous, both statistically and visually. Shocking player who is an athlete first and a footballer second. Anybody patting themselves on the back for calling it right that he's a good player is badly twisted. He's fucking shite. He could improve and become the best player the world, but he's been fucking brutal until this point. His end product has been fucking horrendous. What he has is raw pace. He's learning how to play football from a decent manager at 23 years old. In his entire senior career he has scored 10 league goals, with 5 of those coming in the Championship. In 120 games. I'll stick with Divock - demolisher of Everton, winner of Champions Leagues - Origi. Thanks all that same.

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

It really isn't, he has been absolutely fucking horrendous, both statistically and visually. Shocking player who is an athlete first and a footballer second. Anybody patting themselves on the back for calling it right that he's a good player is badly twisted. He's fucking shite. He could improve and become the best player the world, but he's been fucking brutal until this point. His end product has been fucking horrendous. What he has is raw pace. He's learning how to play football from a decent manager at 23 years old. In his entire senior career he has scored 10 league goals, with 5 of those coming in the Championship. In 120 games. I'll stick with Divock - demolisher of Everton, winner of Champions Leagues - Origi. Thanks all that same.

I’m not really interested in oneupmanship or patting myself on the back, I’d much rather if we just simply bring him in. I’m not sure how you could look at his return this season and say that it’s been brutal. Yeah his pace is otherworldly, but he’s very good on the ball, he genuinely goes past players for fun. I don’t think there’s any defender in the world that could stop him if he decides to take him on. That’s something extremely rare IMO. Traore under Klopp could be something terrifying for other teams, and if it doesn’t work out, it’d be piss easy to offload him since he’s now proven himself in the best league in the world. Think of it like this, without Traore, City’d be 6 points closer to us. Now imagine having him in the squad, available for selection every week. Mouthwatering.

10 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

’m not really interested in oneupmanship or patting myself on the back

You are interested in patting yourself on the back, you do it all the time. In this case, it was the person I was responding to - 3 stacks - and not you. So that's the reason I mentioned it. He was patting himself on the back. 

I’d much rather if we just simply bring him in

There's zero chance of that. He's fucking wank and him playing at a top club would mean people actually watch how shit he is. 

I’m not sure how you could look at his return this season and say that it’s been brutal.

I didn't, I looked at his entire career - please, re-read my post. Or just read it once, it will help - and called him brutal. You might want to judge him on a few games where he has scored 4 goals in 18 games, which is somehow meant to be wonderful, but I'm looking a little bit wider than that. 

he’s very good on the ball

No. He isn't. He's terrible on the ball and his end product has been horrific for his entire career.

Now imagine having him in the squad, available for selection every week. Mouthwatering.

No, it's not mouthwatering it is chin-dribbling nonsense. You seem to be completely unable to see why certain players lower down the league wouldn't make the step up or suit us. He just doesn't have the capacity for the technical, tactical type of play that Klopp requires. He doesn't have anything like the end product. Imagine having him in the squad? Sounds like a nightmare to me. 

• Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

You are interested in patting yourself on the back, you do it all the time. In this case, it was the person I was responding to - 3 stacks - and not you. So that's the reason I mentioned it. He was patting himself on the back. 

There's zero chance of that. He's fucking wank and him playing at a top club would mean people actually watch how shit he is. 

I didn't, I looked at his entire career - please, re-read my post. Or just read it once, it will help - and called him brutal. You might want to judge him on a few games where he has scored 4 goals in 18 games, which is somehow meant to be wonderful, but I'm looking a little bit wider than that. 

No. He isn't. He's terrible on the ball and his end product has been horrific for his entire career.

No, it's not mouthwatering it is chin-dribbling nonsense. You seem to be completely unable to see why certain players lower down the league wouldn't make the step up or suit us. He just doesn't have the capacity for the technical, tactical type of play that Klopp requires. He doesn't have anything like the end product. Imagine having him in the squad? Sounds like a nightmare to me. 

I think there’s a lot of exaggeration there NV if I’m honest mate. He’s probably the best dribbler in the league (cue some lame jokes incoming) along with Wilfried Zaha, for one. He’s only 23, so he’s got almost his entire career ahead of him. If there’s anything we’ve learnt from Klopp over the past couple of seasons, is that of course there are players lower down the league who could improve us. Robertson, Mane, Van Dijk, Lovren, Wijnaldum all came from struggling clubs. We’ve all got to stop being elitist about football IMO. We owe Klopp that.

33 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I think there’s a lot of exaggeration there NV if I’m honest mate. He’s probably the best dribbler in the league (cue some lame jokes incoming) along with Wilfried Zaha, for one. He’s only 23, so he’s got almost his entire career ahead of him. If there’s anything we’ve learnt from Klopp over the past couple of seasons, is that of course there are players lower down the league who could improve us. Robertson, Mane, Van Dijk, Lovren, Wijnaldum all came from struggling clubs. We’ve all got to stop being elitist about football IMO. We owe Klopp that.

I was against one of those signings, and he's pretty shite, but I don't think I owe Klopp anything as far as Traore is concerned considering, ya know, he hasn't bought him. I'm not elitist, I'm more than happy to go and get a player from lower down the table, especially the ones you didn't want like Mane. I just want to buy good ones, not shite like Traore who has very little end product for the last half a decade. 

25 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I was against one of those signings, and he's pretty shite, but I don't think I owe Klopp anything as far as Traore is concerned considering, ya know, he hasn't bought him. I'm not elitist, I'm more than happy to go and get a player from lower down the table, especially the ones you didn't want like Mane. I just want to buy good ones, not shite like Traore who has very little end product for the last half a decade. 

Haha. You can’t help yourself can you mate? As I said earlier, I’ve never been interested in oneupmanship... I just wanted to talk about the player, so I’ll just leave the conversation here I think. I feel that with you, it always just goes one way. 

• Upvote 2

Only just watched the highlights of last night's game. Sterling is hindering City, he may be a very good player but it's to the point where he thinks he's bigger than the team and that never works unless you are a truly great player like Ronaldo or Messi, which he certainly isn't.

• Upvote 3

Not arsed about Traore one way or the other but a couple of points regarding the hyperbole above.

Firstly, there are definitely defenders who could stop him irrespective of whether he decides he is going to go past them (see Virgil last season for example) and secondly he’s not a great dribbler, he simply kicks the ball past players and runs.

Other than that, he is effective but he’s not a Liverpool player.

11 minutes ago, Elite said:

Only just watched the highlights of last night's game. Sterling is hindering City, he may be a very good player but it's to the point where he thinks he's bigger than the team and that never works unless you are a truly great player like Ronaldo or Messi, which he certainly isn't.

He was their best player last night!

2 minutes ago, mgw100 said:

I could barely believe they gave Sterling the first pen last night, never mind the second. He still has zero composure in front of goal if he has to think about it and/or it's not a tap in. I can't imagine a worse penalty taker. 

Guardiola looked like he was desperately signalling for someone else to take the rekick.

Its really was another "Carlsberg" football period. I mean City lost, Leicester Lost (were rather put to the sword I hear) and if you want to extend an extreme courtesy and say that Chelsea are still hyper-theoretically in the title race by dint of being 4th they also lost. 

Pretty amazing, especially when the others are supposed to be busting a gut trying to catch us.