You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

34 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Klopp won’t be resting players in terms of sending out wholesale changes, Rafa-focusing-on-a-cup-end-of-season-league-game line-ups. Doesn’t think you can turn form off and on like a tap. All about the rolling snowball.

He showed that last season when he was disgusted at the question in one presser, and was proved spot on as the momentum our european run generated powered the title run-in and vice versa.

For better or worse, we’ll be sprinting all the way, trying to drop as few points as possible with little tweaks here and there.

I’m translating this into Hendo flinging the box of title medals onto the table in the first week of March.

’Any cunt with the requisite number of games take one.’ 

Guest Pistonbroke
12 minutes ago, The Woolster said:

Studies have found that "lol" tends to be used by older, more middle aged people. Which might actually be more insulting to aRdj!

If your 12 yo is a girl, she might be more likely to be saying "sksksks and I oop!", which I discovered when I ended up going down a VSCO rabbit hole recently.

No, me neither...

12 yo is a boy, all I hear from his room whilst he is gaming is that bloody acronym. I honestly haven't got a clue what those other acronyms stand for. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Diddums....Love how they (The BBC) are hanging onto the fucking Charity Shield. 

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola conceded the Premier League title race is over after the reigning champions lost 3-2 at Wolves on Friday.

City are third in the Premier League, 14 points behind leaders Liverpool and a point below Leicester City.

Asked if the title race is over, Guardiola told BBC Radio 5 Live: "The advantage is too big, yes."

City have lost five Premier League games this season, one more than in the whole of the 2018-19 campaign.

They have also played a game more than Liverpool, who have dropped only two points this season, are on a run - stretching back to March - of 26 wins from 27 league games and are two matches away from going a full year unbeaten in the top flight.

"It's unrealistic to think about Liverpool, we think about Leicester," Guardiola added. "We have the chance to recover second place. I know the quality of my team but that's the situation."

Winger Bernardo Silva added: "It is a really bad situation for us. A frustrating first half of the season. Nobody expected us to be this far away from Liverpool at this halfway point.

"We have to continue now. We know that winning the title is very complicated. I wouldn't say impossible but very difficult."

Could City prioritise the cups?

Manchester City have already won one trophy this season, beating Liverpool on penalties to lift the Community Shield in August.

They are still competing in both domestic cup competitions and are in the last 16 of the Champions League, where they will meet Real Madrid.

They face League Two side Port Vale in the third round of the FA Cup on 4 January, before taking on rivals Manchester United in the first leg of their Carabao Cup semi-final on 7 January.

But Guardiola insists City will not prioritise these competitions, as they have to secure a European spot for next season.

"We cannot prioritise or next season we'll not be in Europe," said Guardiola. "We come back in less than 40 hours to play another game [against Sheffield United]. We'll see how [the players] feel. That's what we are going to do."

46 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Yep, step 3 in project Pep to win leagues with the money boy Favorites, Barcelona, Bayern, Man City and next PSG or Juventus imo. 

Inter under Conte would be a very tough proposition for Pep. Think he'd go to PSG myself. Glorious underdog that he is.

Really rate that Wolves team. Great to watch too.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Inter under Conte would be a very tough proposition for Pep. Think he'd go to PSG myself. Glorious underdog that he is.

Really rate that Wolves team. Great to watch too.

I don't think Wolves have been playing that well this season tbh, but they have been better of late. They lack goals at times too, they are easy on the eyes though. Mind you, maybes the PL is that shit we admire any team that actually plays a bit of football in a positive fashion. 

18 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I don't think Wolves have been playing that well this season tbh, but they have been better of late. They lack goals at times too, they are easy on the eyes though. Mind you, maybes the PL is that shit we admire any team that actually plays a bit of football in a positive fashion. 

Maybe but I do like watching Leicester and Wolves. A lot of the bigger clubs are bang average so maybe they look better than they are as a result.

Brilliant for Conor Coady. Great lad.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Maybe but I do like watching Leicester and Wolves. A lot of the bigger clubs are bang average so maybe they look better than they are as a result.

Brilliant for Conor Coady. Great lad.

Yeah, I'd love for these teams to continually challenge the top 6 to mix things up a bit. Sheff United are another team I don't mind watching and have a very likeable squad and manager. 

2 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

City have lost more games than Leicester, Wolves and Sheff United, and obviously ourselves. 5 defeats and two draws from 19 games. Pep should be under immense pressure from the media and fans alike and I don't think he handles pressure well. It will be interesting if our lead grows even more and Real dump them out of the cup, I reckon he could walk before the end of the season. Rodgers will no doubt be one of the favourites to replace him and I doubt that would work out that good. Thank fuck we have Klopp and he loves us. 

Yep, think it will be between us and Ancelotti’s Everton for the league the next few seasons.

• Upvote 2

Never wanted Guardiola to leave until we had forced him out. Didn’t want any ‘you couldn’t beat us when Pep was here’ shite. If this team continues along this route then the Pep love-in will be completely obscured by the Klopp orgy as this side will take some stopping in the next few years. Happy Christmas y’all.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

We're going to ruin another manager, nice habit we have going since the arrival of Jürgen and it will continue till at least 2024 and maybe's beyond. We just need to enjoy the ride and certain fans need to start believing, Jürgen and the lads deserve that. 

33 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Never wanted Guardiola to leave until we had forced him out. Didn’t want any ‘you couldn’t beat us when Pep was here’ shite. If this team continues along this route then the Pep love-in will be completely obscured by the Klopp orgy as this side will take some stopping in the next few years. Happy Christmas y’all.

I was saying about the red mancs success in another thread. 

Be interesting what happen d in the summer. Pep is not taking the challenge well at all from what we can see. Whisky Nose was a cunt and would have been doing what he could to cause us and Klopp shit. But he wouldn't have backed down from the challenge at all and he'd never have seemingly given up on the title like Pep is trying to convince the press he is. Does he rise to it in the summer or slink off to another one team league and spend loads assembling another team?. 

If we get over the line this year and City don't win the champions league you can see them selling most of this squad barring 4 or 5 players and just saying fuck UEFA cooking the books again and spending like fuck this summer 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Has amazon instantly lost all its footy rights? Just got home ready to enjoy some highlights of those cunts getting beat and there's no mention of it on my firestick. 

I'm not familiar with the FireStick UI, but on Apple TV there’s a sports tab at the top and highlights from the 26th - 27th fixtures can be found in there.

9 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Myself and @viRdjil will now be taking apologies for this forum's inexplicable dislike of Adama Traore. Credit to us for always having the correct opinion that he is a good player. 

He’s a fucking brutal player. Surely him being brutally shit for years isn’t overturned by him doing a couple of good things? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

He’s a fucking brutal player. Surely him being brutally shit for years isn’t overturned by him doing a couple of good things? 

Brutal is a bit strong. He’s putting in good numbers this season; 5 goals 4 assists.  He’s only 23, so you’d expect his best years to still be ahead of him. He has the raw materials to be one of the most dangerous players in the league IMO. Won’t reach Salah/Mane level good, but I’d rather bring him on than Origi or Shaq if either of our wide player is out. Origi should only play exclusively in the middle for us.

• Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Brutal is a bit strong. He’s putting in good numbers this season; 5 goals 4 assists.  He’s only 23, so you’d expect his best years to still be ahead of him. He has the raw materials to be one of the most dangerous players in the league IMO. Won’t reach Salah/Mane level good, but I’d rather bring him on than Origi or Shaq if either of our wide player is out. Origi should only play exclusively in the middle for us.

We’ve got Minamino.