Quantcast
Other Football - 2019/20 - Page 43 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Other Football - 2019/20

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Ole is clueless

Says to me that he's not really in full control and is running scared of the likes of Pogba, given their wealth they've not really backed him in the market to any great extent. £70 million or so net spend is small change for them especially given the lack of quality in their squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

50 year old debutant plays against Celtic youngsters! Awesome!

 

Clyde manager Danny Lennon helped his side beat Celtic's colts team - despite being 34 years older than one of the opposition.

The 50-year-old, who hung up his boots 11 years ago, brought himself on at Broadwood for a second-half cameo appearance.

Lennon was up against the likes of Parkhead teenage talent Karamoko Dembele, 16, and Armstrong Okoflex, 17.

The Lanarkshire side claimed a 3-1 Glasgow Cup victory.

It is unclear why the Clyde boss felt the urge to make his return to action, however, word of his return quickly spread.

Ross Madden wrote on Twitter: "Canny believe av just seen Danny Lennon make his debut for Clyde at 50 years old."

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49415988

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a huge shock to discover salt-of-the-earth, larger-than-life natural character Ian Holloway has some immensely fuckwitted things to say about Brexit and football.

 

His daughters must be the only recorded instance of someone enjoying good fortune to be deaf. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

What a huge shock to discover salt-of-the-earth, larger-than-life natural character Ian Holloway has some immensely fuckwitted things to say about Brexit and football.

 

His daughters must be the only recorded instance of someone enjoying good fortune to be deaf. 

I love the fact that he's so inarticulate that he manages to contradict himself. All the while exposing his ignorance about who establishes the rules of football.

 

Utter (West Country!) fuckwit.

 

https://mobile.twitter.com/SachinNakrani/status/1163927059699326976?s=20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

I love the fact that he's so inarticulate that he manages to contradict himself. All the while exposing his ignorance about who establishes the rules of football.

 

Utter (West Country!) fuckwit.

 

https://mobile.twitter.com/SachinNakrani/status/1163927059699326976?s=20

Enjoyed Kieron John Mayers' input, there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/08/2019 at 08:46, Bobby Hundreds said:

People actually watch that goldbridge divvy. We live in strange times.

This.

 

Just seeing the cunts face make me feel sick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess you don't have to be daft to support Sheffield United but it certainly helps.....

 

Could have been worse Neil Warnock could have still been there

 

Sheffield United fan Anthony attended the win over Crystal Palace, sporting a tattoo of Chris Wilder's face on his fist

Fan with Chris Wilder tattoos

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Chris Wilder has a face Anthony wouldn’t get tired of punching.

He looks like a bloke who should be standing at the bar in Wetherspoons in a trackie with shoes, constantly convinced that blokes are getting served before him.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Linfield 2-1 up at half time in the first leg of their Europa League play-off vs Qarabag - they'll probably still get beat over the two legs but it would be absolutely insane if a Northern Irish team made the group stage of the Europa. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Linfield (of the Irish League) are 2-1 at home to Qarabag (Azerbaijani) in the play off round for the Europa League. It'll ultimately end in tears for them but that's a remarkable achievement for them already. Already lifted £1.3m in european prize money this summer, which is huge money for the Irish League. If they actually qualified they'll lift millions more (£3-4m I believe). I'm not sure they're all full time players either, so would be an incredible result for them (and the Irish League). 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished 3-2 with a penalty given away in a horrendous decision by the defender to hack a player down in the 92nd minute with only a minute of stoppage time to go. 

 

Amazing result, but you'd feel that second goal will be the difference when the second leg gets played in 25 degrees of heat next week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mcfaggen said:

Finished 3-2 with a penalty given away in a horrendous decision by the defender to hack a player down in the 92nd minute with only a minute of stoppage time to go. 

 

Amazing result, but you'd feel that second goal will be the difference when the second leg gets played in 25 degrees of heat next week. 

They'd probably have lost if it finished 3-1 but that penalty has practically killed it now. Stupid tackle for the penalty, as you say. Nonetheless, that's probably the best result for an Irish League side in Europe for a very, very long time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

They'd probably have lost if it finished 3-1 but that penalty has practically killed it now. Stupid tackle for the penalty, as you say. Nonetheless, that's probably the best result for an Irish League side in Europe for a very, very long time. 

Dunno, a full park the bus job with two goals to defend, might just have been enough. Will never know now. Single goal will win it and I can't see Linfield offering much in the weather forecasted for next Wednesday in Baku. 

 

But yes, outrageous result. Linfield got to an European Cup QF in the 60's and Glentoran to a UEFA Cup QF in the 70's so you're probably going that far back? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×