Quantcast
Other Football - 2019/20 - Page 374 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Other Football - 2019/20

Recommended Posts

Genuinely thought the Norwich players were going to kick the shit out of him there, the snide little bastard. No wonder he stayed on the floor in the foetal position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think he was subbed for being a cunt. They said he wanted to make a change. Think it was tactical 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Don't think he was subbed for being a cunt. They said he wanted to make a change. Think it was tactical 

Tactical in the sense he was in danger of getting sent off for being a cunt ?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Tactical in the sense he was in danger of getting sent off for being a cunt ?

They said something about him looking for a tactical attacking change. It was never going to be Vardy or Maddison so I think it was him brought off for another wide man in Gray

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

They said something about him looking for a tactical attacking change. It was never going to be Vardy or Maddison so I think it was him brought off for another wide man in Gray

He's still as massive cunt though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rodgers played a diamond in midfield in the 2 games since Iheanacho scored the winner against Everton to play him up top with Vardy. He then had 4 wingers on the bench. Barnes, Gray, Perez and Albrighton are left out to facilitate this change of shape. 

They were flying. It didnt need to change. Does he change things like that to appear clever? For the Norwich goal Praet, the right sided  midfielder was high and wide so Ndidi got dragged over. This left the centre wide open, Maddison and Tielemans weren't close enough or tuned in enough to effect him so the midfielder had all the time in the world to play Pukki in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Razoray said:

Rodgers played a diamond in midfield in the 2 games since Iheanacho scored the winner against Everton to play him up top with Vardy. He then had 4 wingers on the bench. Barnes, Gray, Perez and Albrighton are left out to facilitate this change of shape. 

They were flying. It didnt need to change. Does he change things like that to appear clever? For the Norwich goal Praet, the right sided  midfielder was high and wide so Ndidi got dragged over. This left the centre wide open, Maddison and Tielemans weren't close enough or tuned in enough to effect him so the midfielder had all the time in the world to play Pukki in.

You do remember our semi final against villa when he literally played every known formation known to man just in the first half alone. He's the real tinker man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, niallers said:

You do remember our semi final against villa when he literally played every known formation known to man just in the first half alone. He's the real tinker man.

I do indeed. That was a black day. Sterling started up front, went right wing-back, then right wing and finished off left back. No wonder he fucked off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've not a big fan of Mesut Ozil , but admire him for his shining a light on the awful Chinese treatment of Uighur people. Good to see that Arsenal have their priorities right and are more worried about takings in their restaurant than people being murdered and violated.

 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/13/arsenal-distance-themselves-from-mesut-ozil-comments-china-uighur-people

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah he's spot on with that

 

Has to laugh at Rodgers today. 

We need to reset and get back to 100%

 

Well why did you change a winning formation. They have been brilliant since he got there pretty much playing a 4-2-3-1 with 2 wingers and Vardy on his own up top with Maddison in behind. Rodgers makes one sub in one game they go on to win snd throws it away to play Iheanacho up top in a two and drops a wide player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sir roger said:

I've not a big fan of Mesut Ozil , but admire him for his shining a light on the awful Chinese treatment of Uighur people. Good to see that Arsenal have their priorities right and are more worried about takings in their restaurant than people being murdered and violated.

 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/13/arsenal-distance-themselves-from-mesut-ozil-comments-china-uighur-people

 

Do you think we or any other large club would risk alienating the Chinese market over this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sir roger said:

I've not a big fan of Mesut Ozil , but admire him for his shining a light on the awful Chinese treatment of Uighur people. Good to see that Arsenal have their priorities right and are more worried about takings in their restaurant than people being murdered and violated.

 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/13/arsenal-distance-themselves-from-mesut-ozil-comments-china-uighur-people

Fair play to Hector Bellerin there.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see rumours already abound about Pep fucking off at the end of the season and Rodgers being seen as a replacement. Also had to laugh at peps comment on Liverpool being where they are because he set the bar that high, Klopp has really got into his head and he hasn't even tried to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Herp McDerp said:

 

Do you think we or any other large club would risk alienating the Chinese market over this?

I am almost certain we wouldn't, but I actually think it's short-term thinking by those kowtowing to the Chinese regime.

 

Eventually, the CCP is going to collapse. I don't know if it'll be in the next 5 years or in 50, but it will definitely happen. Who would you rather be when that happens? Someone like Arsenal or the Houston Rockets who, when pressured by the regime about an employee "meddling in their affairs" (a.k.a. calling out obvious human rights violations) caved in? Or would you rather be the club that said "we love China and the Chinese people, but their government is another story and we won't be bullied into pressuring our employees to give up their free speech, because we hold that as an essential human right"?

 

Sure, it might cost you a few contracts in the short term, you're not going to be welcome in China for a pre-season tour or whatever, but think of all the people the CCP are oppressing. You'd immediately gain a huge bump in favourability in pretty much all the Muslim countries (seeing as it's their religious brothers being loaded into concentration camps), in the Philippines, in Hong Kong, etc. All that not even to mention the fact that you'd be associating your club with the right side of history, to stand up and say that at Liverpool FC human rights count for more than some money we could have made.

 

I actually think you'd gain more fans than you'd lose, at least if you take the long-term perspective.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

They’re gonna get a pasting aren’t they? State of that midfield.

8EB1DE0A-6343-459F-A271-6B09DFDEECA1.png

 

It's a win-win really.

 

For us obviously.

 

Those sad fucks are screwed regardless of the result today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×