You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

Just now, Bobby Hundreds said:

Leicester are beginning to worry me. Just like last season people saying city can't go on a winning run.

Who was daft enough to think that last season? 

We're not losing more games than we have in the last 18 months and they're not matching their record so far, let alone actually going on to win every remaining game.   

City are still the bigger threat since theyve a squad capable of winning every game, not that you'd guess it right now. 

7 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Leicester are beginning to worry me. Just like last season people saying city can't go on a winning run.

I know it’s easy to get spooked given our recent history in the league, but at this point in 2015-16 Leicester were two points clear at the top of the table, and although they do have more points than in their title winning season (38 vs 35) they went on to finish with 81. Even taking into account having more points on the board, you can’t imagine that they’d be able to improve on that so substantially that they top 90 points and from where we are today, failing to go beyond that amount would require an extended failure of the sort our team hasn't shown itself vulnerable to over the last couple of years.

City only need a couple of big wins against shit to have much of the league switch to damage limitation mode before kick off though, so winning every remaining game is by no means out of the a question for them. It might even start to look likely if they take the next three or four in a row.

Realistically we've won it.   Obviously Klopp won't have the players think that until we've sealed it in April/may but when you look at the run teams need to go on and the spectacular downfall in our form that has been consistent for two years now, well it's all but signed sealed and delivered. 

• Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The problem with Leicester is that they dont do logic. That club has been blessed by the football Gods or something. You cant predict how high they might go after what they have already accomplished.

And then secondly they play once a week which means they are always fresh. 

8 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Realistically we've won it.   Obviously Klopp won't have the players think that until we've sealed it in April/may but when you look at the run teams need to go on and the spectacular downfall in our form that has been consistent for two years now, well it's all but signed sealed and delivered. 

8 points behind, if they beat City whilst we’re in Qatar, they’ll be 5 behind when we play them on Boxing night. Obviously we’ll have a game in hand but far too early to talk like that. We’ll have a bad run of form somewhere down the line too. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Going to be interesting as our games from Boxing day to January the 21st as tough as hell. 

Leicester A

Wolves H

Sheff H

Spurs A

Man U H

Wolves A

All in 27 days

Three tough away games and potential banana skins in the home ones.

At least once we come through that run, there aren't too many banana skins left bar Blueshite and City away and Chelsea at home. On paper Arsenal but think we will smash them

24 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I get what you mean but we have lost 1 league game in 19 months and they will need us to lose 3 league games between now and the end of the season. 

I'm not overly concerned with them and I think we'll do the business on boxing day.

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Three tough away games and potential banana skins in the home ones.

At least once we come through that run, there aren't too many banana skins left bar Blueshite and City away and Chelsea at home. On paper Arsenal but think we will smash them

2 of the last three

Chelsea H

Arsenal Away

Leicester last 2

Spurs

Man U

Leicester may be a fair bit behind us but they have a chance to possibly wipe out that gap over next 3 weeks.

Firstly we miss a game because we are stuck out in Qatar - yes they have City that week and that is really tough, but they could win and reduce gap to 5 (assuming we beat Watford and they beat Norwich before)

Then they have us at home - beat us and gap is a mere 2 albeit us with a game in hand, but i'd much rather have points on board than games in hand and suddenly due mostly to being a game behind we are then under pressure.

They then play before us in both next two games , they play 28th we play 29th and then they play 1st Jan we play 2nd Jan.

It is possible that they could actually lead the table on 28th Dec....regardless of us having played less games and being about to play it could be the case and the pressure is then on.

Of course the other side of the coin is them not winning at City, then us beating them or drawing with them and those other games are of course not guaranteed wins.....but the fact the scenario I describe of them being top on 28th Dec COULD happen tells us they are in the race.

Of course even after these Christmas and New Year games are done and whatever happens there is still half a season to go and a lot of footy to be played - and a lot of course can happen.

I hope we get our game in hand re-arranged as soon as can, it is a hindrance we don't need to be carrying for too long. It is IMO really lousy that we have to suffer this hindrance.

Leicester also play before us every set of fixtures in Jan.

• Upvote 1

Vardy scores goals all over, getting behind the defence, in front of the defence, beating his man to get space, from distance. Calling him one dimensional at this point is nigh on delusional. I get maybe thinking it three years ago, but now?

• Upvote 2

The great thing about Vardy is that he doesn't let missing get to him, he just moves on to the next opportunity and it doesn't faze him. He's relentless and uniquely talented. 

Cunt of a human, but a damn good top division striker for a counter attacking team.

He'd have dissapeared if he'd have gone to Arsenal and been shipped out on loan with a year.