You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, manwiththestick said:

You say that, but they're not called the Mersey Millionaires for nothing.

Someone forgot to tell them they were dealing in Iranian Rial. 

They are turning their noses up to Eddie Howe who has been made favourite. He would be boss there.

If I was a blue I'd want Rafa first and Howe if not. Then I'd cover myself in petrol and run into the brick naked shouting "Give it Unzy!" then drop a match on myself. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Oh dear, 1-0 Norwich. Simple ball through the middle as Arsenal's defence (especially side show bob) give Pukki way too much space and time to get a deflected shot off. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Pen for Arsenal, VAR looking at it, not sure he actually touched the ball with his hand...Var says penalty. Daft defending but like I say, dodgy as to whether his hand made contact. 

Aubemeyang ........Krul Saves....hahahaha. Oh dear 2. 

VAR checking for encroachment.....Arsenal get to take it again.....boooooo

Aubemeyang V Krul take 2.........and 1-1

2 minutes ago, suzy said:

Bugger how is that encroachment, it happens all the time. I know it technically was but you’d have to disallow every pen!

Well there was players from both sides encroached into the box. I didnt notice at the time but replays show one of the Norwich players who had encroached was the one who hacked the ball clear after the keeper parried it.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Well there was players from both sides encroached into the box. I didnt notice at the time but replays show one of the Norwich players who had encroached was the one who hacked the ball clear after the keeper parried it.

I'm pretty sure if players from both sides encroach then the original penalty result should stand. Looked close as to if an Arsenal player had encroached on the far side, near side one of them had his foot slightly inside the box, think it was sideshow bob. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Looks like Freddie's training talk this week was 'Listen lads, can you defend better. Now we're going to do shooting, set piece training for the rest of the day.' 

9 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I'm pretty sure if players from both sides encroach then the original penalty result should stand. Looked close as to if an Arsenal player had encroached on the far side, near side one of them had his foot slightly inside the box, think it was sideshow bob. 

Yep.  Looked like the Arse players started everyone off or went at the same time atleast as Aarons.