You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He should have walked off!!

And the players that are hugging him etc. should have fucking walked off too instead of trying to placate the situation.

If the ref had any stones he would have called the game.

Unless the ref calls the game then the player walking will only enable the cunts. They'll look at it as a way of getting teams best players off the pitch. 

My hope on VAR was that it would help the refs get decisions correct especially big decisions at big moments in matches.

What it’s managed to do so far is show that the standard of Refs are even worse than I worst feared.
Even with the benefit of slow motion replays and different angles they are getting calls wrong.

That Atkinson call yesterday after watching Kammy on goals on Sunday litterly calling it out as corrupt is shocking. He’s no business being a ref at this level of football either on the pitch or in stockley park. 

Guest Pistonbroke

The incompetence just gets notched up a level as the weeks go by. The biggest blunders are also being made by the referees who the PL deem to be the better ones. Football has been dying a slow death over the last decade due to certain factors, it seems to me that the use of VAR under the current officials will turn more people away from the game. 

The worst part is the doubling down and justifying of shite decisions.

If they for example held their hands up at that clusterfuck with Bobby's offside yesterday or the non penalty for Watford in Spurs v Watford game the other week and dealt with the problem officials and expressed a desire to improve things - then things wouldn't be as bad.

But they are too arrogant too and so we get bullshit spouted from them like today about Son.

They've made an absolute total fuck up of the implementation and usage of a system that was supposed to come in and help the game.

Just now, Daisy said:

Wtf is all this talk of it wasn't a red?

Son has deliberately gone after him and chopped him down from behind. Exactly the same as that poodle headed Leicester bellend 

Not exactly the same at all

It was a late tackle you'll see every game, was fully in control. Choudry jumped into the tackle, had no control, made more contact

2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Wtf is all this talk of it wasn't a red?

Son has deliberately gone after him and chopped him down from behind. Exactly the same as that poodle headed Leicester bellend 

He definitely was on a mission to bring him down, if I recall Son was on the end of his elbow a few minutes earlier which went unpunished. Still not a red for me.

Bayern have sacked coach Niko Kovac after last night's 5-1 thrashing by Eintracht Frankfurt. Bayern were fortunate to win the title last season under Kovac as they were far from their best. It's just that everyone else was extremely inconsistent. Not sure if they'll raid another Bundesliga club or offer the job to an out-of-work foreign coach like Allegri or Shitcoat.

8 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Can't see the Bayern board dealing with Mourinho antics

He'd do what he always does. He'll look to join a team that has huge financial advantages over pretty much every other club in the country. In the first year, he'll present an affable and contrite image tinged with a bit of the narcissism he's famous for. The team will do well and he'll use that as a cue to bring in a raft of expensive older players on big contracts, ramping up the twat factor. 18 months into his stint, he'll start really acting the twat by falling out with certain players, club officials and the media before having a meltdown in the second summer when the board don't want to do everything his way. After that, he will actively seek to be sacked and have his contract paid off. There will be trophies for Bayern during his stint which he will regard as proof that he is the greatest manager ever.

If Bayern is out, then I bet he's got his eye on the PSG job when they finally get rid of Tuchel.

• Upvote 2

PSG would be far more likely to countenance having him as manager than Bayern. They would be willing to put up with his shit for a couple of years for the prospect of an increased chance of success, not least in the Champions League, which they are desperate for. 

If that does happen, it would probably expedite the departure of Mbappe. 

I'm making me a big fuck off 'MOURINHO FOR PSG' banner!

38 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

He definitely was on a mission to bring him down, if I recall Son was on the end of his elbow a few minutes earlier which went unpunished. Still not a red for me.

it was malicious revenge. 100% red

3 minutes ago, Daisy said:

it was malicious revenge. 100% red

Behave, he clipped him from behind. The damage was done by Gomez getting his foot caught in the turf, and possibly the collision with Sanchez (or was it Aurier?). Son's challenge was petulant, but it was in no way Keane on Haaland style revenge.

Not red for me. 

...unless we go for what Carra was saying where 'tactical fouls' become red card offences. - i.e. ones where there was no intention to play the ball.

I agree with this BTW...although Atkinson et al would see a way to fuck it up.