You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

Just now, Marko121 said:

Silly question maybe, but seeing as the ref sent the player off, would that have an impact on the goal? 
if the game had been stopped like it should have been, the goal wouldn’t have happened? 

There's this rule called the 'Advantage Rule' you may have heard of...

Guest Pistonbroke

Close game, could go wither way in the second half.

Leicester could set a new record tonight if they want to, that Valery is a brutal footballer, I use the word footballer lightly. 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, DimReaper said:

Yes, you do... If the ref had given it, I'd say fair enough. But VAR has set a really high threshold so far and, for me, that wasn't enough to cross it based on what's gone before. 

Did the ref see the incident though? I#d have to watch it again to see where he was positioned, because if he didn't see it then VAR picked up on a clear and obvious mistake from him. Basically VAR doing its job, the fact a goal had been scored before the red was issued is a bit contentious mind. 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, MegadriveMan said:

To put things in to perspective United drew 1-1 against a ten man Southampton team here a few weeks ago!

Quite a good result for them, all things considered. 

4 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Did the ref see the incident though? I#d have to watch it again to see where he was positioned, because if he didn't see it then VAR picked up on a clear and obvious mistake from him. Basically VAR doing its job, the fact a goal had been scored before the red was issued is a bit contentious mind. 

Right in front of the ref mate

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Morning Glory said:

Would it surprise anyone that the VAR referee is....Mike Dean....of course he was going to be the first VAR ref to make a call from the office!

He loves a red card, and a load of yellows. 2 reds and 35 yellows as a referee this season so far, in 8 games! 

2 minutes ago, Morning Glory said:

Would it surprise anyone that the VAR referee is....Mike Dean....of course he was going to be the first VAR ref to make a call from the office!

No surprise then. The refereing in the PL have been atrocious for years now. Never understood how professional refs can be so damn poor.