Quantcast
Other Football - 2019/20 - Page 201 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Other Football - 2019/20

Depsite Man Utd's incredible, dominant, brave, tactical masterclass, glorious draw yesterday they drop to 14th in the table.

Just above their bitches the bitters.

Me, four years ago: "Jurgen Klopp! With him at the helm and a bit of luck, Liverpool could be regularly duking it out with the likes of Arsenal for a top four spot within a few years".

Me, now:

tenor.gif 

• Upvote 1

Emre started that game by using Guendouzi and Xhaka in front of his back four, away to Sheff United! WTF. 

Guendouzi is wasted there, all he did all game until the last 15 was pass it to a player next to him as soon as got the ball. He's comfortable enough on the ball and can actually get past players which we saw later on, yet they use Xhaka as the one to get forward more and he's fucking pants. 

7 yellow cards in that game and it was hardly a hard tackling contest. No wonder Dean tops the table as the ref dishing out the most cards. Bet he was gutted he couldn't dish out a red card. 

34 minutes ago, an tha said:

Depsite Man Utd's incredible, dominant, brave, tactical masterclass, glorious draw yesterday they drop to 14th in the table.

Just above their bitches the bitters.

Can we take a minute just to bask in this? 

Screenshot 2019-10-21 at 21.54.32.png

Wilder is really good. He's not doing anything complicated tactically but he showed another side to that in the Championship anyway and he's got no right to be getting these kinds of results with the talent he has at his disposal. 

Emery on the other hand, has been absolutely terrible as Arsenal manager thus far. In the style of play, the results. Everything. 

I find it funny the way Ozil gets left out of away games. Like in school where some wimpy kid always gets excused from PE because his ma writes him a note. 

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Wilder is really good. He's not doing anything complicated tactically but he showed another side to that in the Championship anyway and he's got no right to be getting these kinds of results with the talent he has at his disposal. 

Emery on the other hand, has been absolutely terrible as Arsenal manager thus far. In the style of play, the results. Everything. 

I thought he would really get them going after we played them away last year but they just seem to have the same problems as Wengers teams in the last few years he was there. 

He might get the boot soon, especially if that Allegri is available. 

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

I find it funny the way Ozil gets left out of away games. Like in school where some wimpy kid always gets excused from PE because his ma writes him a note. 

I've found that weird in that Emery hasn't implemented a particularly intense or hard-working style. Arsenal are still as lackadaisical as ever, with or without Ozil.

And putting his lack of form and his flaws aside, against sides like Sheffield United, Ozil's creativity is exactly what's needed. He's regularly been brilliant against the small sides. Emery once again needlessly shooting himself in the foot not even considering him. 

2 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

He hasn't even made the squad for their last 4 games and not on the injured list. Last league game was for Villa as an unused sub on the 22 Sept and he played in their league cup game v Forest 2 days later. 

Emery’s English is still awful. That’s surely a bit of a problem at this stage. Jurgen and Guardiola had a better command of the language than Jamie Redknapp and a host of others before they even started in England. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Emery’s English is still awful. That’s surely a bit of a problem at this stage. Jurgen and Guardiola had a better command of the language than Jamie Redknapp and a host of others before they even started in England. 

He couldn't speak French either at PSG. Not good with languages it seems. Conversely, Tuchel spoke pretty good French within a couple months. 

If he's not putting in the effort to improve his English, how can he crack the whip on players not putting in the effort on the training ground and the match? Lack of conviction is a disease afflicting Arsenal at many levels.

Hilarious seeing Wenger trending on Twitter, and everyone saying how he was hounded out for producing better football and getting better results than what they're seeing now and how you should be careful what you wish for.

3 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

Worth a follow on Twitter he absolutely detests the Tories top bloke is Nev 

Yeah he's brilliant. Say he'd be great at one of those legends nights. If he did a joint one with one of our legends before the derby, i'd love to go.

12 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I'll say this quietly but Neville Southall is a top bloke, and possibly the best goalie I've ever seen.

It's hardly a controversial statement, he's a thoroughly decent chap and was a phenomenal keeper. 

8 hours ago, Chocoholic said:

If he's not putting in the effort to improve his English, how can he crack the whip on players not putting in the effort on the training ground and the match? Lack of conviction is a disease afflicting Arsenal at many levels.

Well in fairness they get paid to win football matches. Aguero still can’t speak English but he’s one of the best players in the league of all time.

1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

Well in fairness they get paid to win football matches. Aguero still can’t speak English but he’s one of the best players in the league of all time.

Bit different with a manager though. He's either speaking to them through a translator, which is hardly ideal, or else not getting his message across in English.