You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Leyton388 said:

Real or Barca will never come call for the over rated, slack jawed, crayon eating mong. No one outside of London thinks kane is world class. 

They do mate. I live in Germany and they rave about him over here. Mind you, they think Maguire is ace and keep on making excuses for OGS. It would seem to be a reporter/pundit for Sky in any country you have to toe the party line. 

My best mate is a Spurs fan and left a message 'COYS; I'm off to bed now' before that match. His work means he has to get up at daft O clock. He's going to be pissed when he puts on the news in the morning. 

Knives are out for the Chubby Hamster on Spurs forums, but even some of the unquestionables are getting fattened up for the kill.

bsinghd

Can’t really say much now, it’s evident there are players who think they’re bigger than the club and don’t bother putting in the effort and I’m including Kane as he’s done fuck all for the last six months. I’ve watched Spurs almost every week and Kane has offered nothing compared to how he used to play.

Guest Pistonbroke

Pep full of shit as usual. Eh, you pick the team you fucking Michael Stipe wannabe. 

'I'm so sorry for Foden' - Guardiola

FT: Manchester City 2-0 Dinamo Zagreb

18c44f8f-e824-4f4b-bb6b-dad259f741f9.jpg

Manchester City

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola tells BT Sport: They defended very well one on one and were very aggressive. They had 10 players in the box, they didn’t want to play.

They were waiting for set pieces but we were patient. In the end we had enough chances through our ball possession to score goals.

On Phil Foden: He has incredible finishing and made an incredible step forward (tonight). I'm so sorry for him, he deserves to play more minutes. I'm sure he will contribute and help us more.

Guest Alex_K
1 hour ago, deiseach said:

Perhaps reading too much into one result - the old White Hart Lane was hardly a fortress - but, not for the first time, I'm going to suggest that deciding against tearing down Anfield and starting afresh was, on balance, a good idea.

Absolutely - not least because of the money involved. Spurs had a once-in-a-century lucky turn up of talent for them over there (Kane, Dele Ali, Son, Lloris, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Kyle Walker, Rose, Ericksen .. for what, maybe 50 mil for the lot?) but they spent so heavily on a new (needless?) stadium that it starved them of the funds to actually realise that luck on the pitch. They'll most likely end up -- sooner or later in the next few years -- back in the regular 6th - 8th place fight and no trophies to have shown for it.

Rightly or wrongly, a new stadium for us would have almost certainly meant no Salah, VVD, Mane, Fabinho etc.

33 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Does anyone know what Delle Alli is supposed to be good at?

All I've ever seen him do is getting into a nark with other players and argue with them. Or fall over trying to get penalties.

Looking like hes always letting out a fart?

Guest Alex_K
1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Indefensible decision to keep all the players with 1 year left on their deals and those who expressed a desire to leave. Rose, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Eriksen. They could have reinvested and renewed that squad but now it's too late. Real lack of foresight. 

Simple Levy over-complicating things again. They lucked out under Redknapp landing Modric, VdV, Berbatov at the same time when Bale emerged from the most hapless left back in the league into the best player in the league alongside Suarez .. and won fuck all with that. Now again Levy messing around, trying to play 'art of the deal' and again coming up with fuck all. Frequently praised in the media but in reality he's landed a few crown jewels from players nobody ever expected anything from (Bale; Kane) along with a bunch of decent players who wildly improved under good managers and in each scenario manufactured a situation where managers are walking out or being sacked at the end of it with nothing to show for it.

Fully convinced now the hamster wanted the United job and got blindsided when they offered it to the goblin hilariously prematurely.

All makes sense. His heart hasn’t been in it since even the Champions League final, when he was talking about it being a good way to say goodbye. Plus all these players drifting with one year left at the same time isn’t a coincidence. Epic mismanagement, almost as if someone has taken their eye off the ball and didn’t expect to still be there. That whole club is giving off the whiff of being in limbo at the moment.

He’ll still end up at United I reckon, when they eventually reluctantly give in to the reality of Solskjaer being laughably out of his depth, but he will hopefully be that bit more shop-soiled, weary and unsure of himself when he does. That would also lead to less surety and patience from United fans, having seen things at Spurs end on the sour note of having rusted and unravelled, rather than the light his time and squad building there was being looked at a year or two ago.

14 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Simple Levy over-complicating things again. They lucked out under Redknapp landing Modric, VdV, Berbatov at the same time when Bale emerged from the most hapless left back in the league into the best player in the league alongside Suarez .. and won fuck all with that. Now again Levy messing around, trying to play 'art of the deal' and again coming up with fuck all. Frequently praised in the media but in reality he's landed a few crown jewels from players nobody ever expected anything from (Bale; Kane) along with a bunch of decent players who wildly improved under good managers and in each scenario manufactured a situation where managers are walking out or being sacked at the end of it with nothing to show for it.

Yeah, Levy's a weird one because on the surface you'd say he's done a great job on the football side, but I suspect their scouting and player development, which has admittedly been incredible, has made him look good. His flat out refusal to sell players and "tough negotiator" caricature is just bizarre.

I always thought they could be like the English Dortmund, making massive profits on players and continually reloading and reinvesting when goals aren't being achieved. Because let's face it, they aren't a massive club. Instead, he's let the situation get to the point where a bunch of first team players are sick of being there, they'll leave for free after having won nothing and the best manager they've had in decades will leave with his reputation potentially tarnished. I'd say it's sad, but it's pretty hilarious, actually. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Absolutely - not least because of the money involved. Spurs had a once-in-a-century lucky turn up of talent for them over there (Kane, Dele Ali, Son, Lloris, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Kyle Walker, Rose, Ericksen .. for what, maybe 50 mil for the lot?) but they spent so heavily on a new (needless?) stadium that it starved them of the funds to actually realise that luck on the pitch. They'll most likely end up -- sooner or later in the next few years -- back in the regular 6th - 8th place fight and no trophies to have shown for it.

Rightly or wrongly, a new stadium for us would have almost certainly meant no Salah, VVD, Mane, Fabinho etc.

Haven't spurs recently refinanced the stadium debt so that they only pay around 20 million a year over 30 years?

Fredo

Fredo

Realist.

I'm lost as fuck. Wasn't this season meant to be the season we challenge Liverpool and City at least? Poch got a few excellent prospects in. Crazy how its gone in 2 months, although this was building for a year. But what the hell, how has Poch fallen this far? Someone mentioned it earlier but I have to agree, he's not a tactician, he's a motivator. We need an tactical manager with experience working with top players to take us to that next level because Poch just seems like he's lost it. He can't handle developed players. That diamond is pissing me the fuck off. Wheres the width with the wingers? Everything is so narrow and we are so shit at breaking teams down. Defence looking pub team standard too. Bin Aurier.