You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

3 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

I can remember after we lost to them, even the official Atletico Twatter account was trying to troll Liverpool. All their fans have gone about those games for months. Made up the snidey twats lost.

During lockdown, the Atletico President was saying how they should be awarded the trophy because they'd beaten the holders and was saying how they deserve to win it because they'd been unlucky in the past. Such a small club. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

During lockdown, the Atletico President was saying how they should be awarded the trophy because they'd beaten the holders and was saying how they deserve to win it because they'd been unlucky in the past. Such a small club. 

The Everton of Madrid perhaps?

• Upvote 1

Imagine if Atletico had won. They'd be up against PSG in the semi, and you'd see the greatest demonstration of diving shithousery since Greg Louganis failed to mention he was HIV positive after smacking his head on the platform and bleeding out into the pool.

19 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Each to their own, but I find Man City and PSG a lot more anti-football than Atletico. 

After watching the first leg against them and all their shithousery, I ended up annoying my missus by showing admiration for how horrible they were, as it’s a part of what makes winning in Europe such a challenge. It’s horrible to watch and play against but it’s part and parcel of football that teams can and do and will play that way and can and will and do win that way, and you just have to do enough to beat them.

that said, they’re horrible to watch and nowhere near good enough to win the thing even with their snideness, so I’m glad they lost.