You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I fucking hate Guardiola, in a way I never hated Ferguson.

He’s such a spoilt little princess.

Ive not seen it but I guarantee he said something along the lines of ‘it was in moments of purity from my players that have performed miracles to overcome this great Madrid team. We had belief in the group, in the team, in the philosophy we cherish. Each of those players transcended football tonight to become more than football, more than sport, more than mortals. I’d like to thank them, they made this victory, the most special of my life, tonight and it will always be known as the pinnacle of football’ 

Two mistakes ya bald cunt.

Yep. Im amazed at how many match reports are calling this a 'master class'! Two horrendous mistakes by the Madrid defence gifted them the goals.

I thought city's attack was pretty blunt and if Benzema had of taken all his chances, the score line would have been different. He had at least two other very clear chances to score. But the sports writers just love to bull Guardiola up, dont they?

Sarri sacked by Juve!

Juventus have sensationally axed boss Maurizio Sarri after just one season in charge following the club's Champions League elimination, according to reports.

Despite leading the Turin giants to a ninth straight Serie A title, supporters and the club's hierarchy have been left unimpressed by the veteran 61-year-old.

His fate was sealed the day after the early European exit at the hands of Lyon.

Juventus have sensationally axed boss Maurizio Sarri after just one season in charge following the club's Champions League elimination, according to reports.

Despite leading the Turin giants to a ninth straight Serie A title, supporters and the club's hierarchy have been left unimpressed by the veteran 61-year-old.

His fate was sealed the day after the early European exit at the hands of Lyon.

Juventus have sacked Maurizio Sarri the day after the club's Champions League elimination

Juventus have sacked Maurizio Sarri the day after the club's Champions League elimination

The Turin giants crashed out of the European competition in the last 16 at the hands of Lyon

The Turin giants crashed out of the European competition in the last 16 at the hands of Lyon

Sarri was hired with the expectation that Juventus would progress to the later rounds of the competition, but the head coach was forced to angrily beat away questions surrounding his future after the setback.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8607137/Juventus-SACK-Maurizio-Sarri-just-one-season-charge-following-Champions-League-exit.html

Guest Alex_K

Ferguson was a million times worse than Guardiola. There are some pitiful memories out there. And that’s no compliment to Guardiola.

Madrid are - quite literally - a shadow of the team they were 5 years ago. No Ramos, Ronaldo, Bale, Marcelo, Isco; Modric way way below where he was. They were not the team to beat City - too slow, too old, too contemplative in possession. All of which are traits that kill you vs a Guardiola side. Hazard always was farcically over-rated. To think once upon a time the press tried to spin a narrative of him being up there with Messi / Ronaldo .. give it another decade and most fans will barely remember he existed ..

15 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Ferguson was a million times worse than Guardiola. There are some pitiful memories out there. And that’s no compliment to Guardiola.

Madrid are - quite literally - a shadow of the team they were 5 years ago. No Ramos, Ronaldo, Bale, Marcelo, Isco; Modric way way below where he was. They were not the team to beat City - too slow, too old, too contemplative in possession. All of which are traits that kill you vs a Guardiola side. Hazard always was farcically over-rated. To think once upon a time the press tried to spin a narrative of him being up there with Messi / Ronaldo .. give it another decade and most fans will barely remember he existed ..

100% Agree with you on all of that!

I'm still not really sure how they expect to play the Champions league next season, but its a great opportunity for us to win it again. 

1 minute ago, Alex_K said:

Hazard was a really good player a few years ago. World class imo. As you say, to compare him to Ronaldo and Messi is ridiculous. Two players that are among the greatest of all time. 

Ferguson had longetivity at being a dickhead. I still had gigantic respect for him for being a success at Aberdeen and then doing what he did at the Mancs. He tended to generally target the best talent in the league like Keane, but he brought through young players, got great players like Schmeicheal and Irwin for a relatively small amount and built three great teams there. 

Pep inherited a wonderful team at Barca, inherited a wonderful team at Bayern and inherited some great players and unlimited finances at City. Yet, he makes out that he's purer than Snow White. I have to respect his achievements but he didn't start out at the bottom like Ferguson, Mourinho or Jurgen. I'd love to see him go to Marseille or Lyon and take on PSG or go to Valencia and have a go at the big two (three) in Spain. If he did that, then he deserves a legacy.

He's a passive aggressive prick. He's souless and can't manage players that are a little different or challenging like Ferguson or peak Mourinho could. He wasn't able for Ibrahimavic. Imagine him with Keane or Cantona. His teams are snidey cunts like Silva. Petulant shithouses with exceptions like De Bruyne. 

• Upvote 2

Guest Alex_K
19 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Hazard was a really good player a few years ago. World class imo. As you say, to compare him to Ronaldo and Messi is ridiculous. Two players that are among the greatest of all time.

Yes - he was a very good domestic player for a time but never showed he was better than that. Never in even his very best season of the 7 he played in England was he close to the goals scored by Salah in every season he has been with us - has 1 in 16 in Spain. Then you look beyond luke-warm domestic goal scoring form and it gets even worse in the Champions League with 8 goals in 50 games. I remember 2017/18 particularly when Chelsea played Barca and the press narrative before the game was it being Hazard's opportunity to show he is on par with Messi. They lost 4-1 with Hazard being invisible, naturally. He smacks of a faux-Galactico from the early 00s who isn't nearly as good as his reputation suggests.

Father Time will not look favourably on Mr Hazard.

Varane gave way two cheap goals, but in fairness City played well and deserved the win with a poor Real !

i agree City have not won this already, they are way too inconsistent.

With the  one leg system, it’s more open, one could say every one could win this, bar Lyon, Napoli, Chelsea, and a Wernerless Leipzig.

Bayern strong Favourite to win, but this football, ask Shevchenko.

Guest Alex_K
26 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Hazard had 7 years in the Premier League, scored 85 goals and got 54 assists, so that's an average of around 12 goals and 8 assists a season. Pretty average when you think of it like that. 

A grossly disproportionate amount of those probably came against us sadly ...

8 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

To put that into context - Firmino has averaged 11 golas and 8 assists a year.

That's sort of the point. Hazard and Firmino are of a similar level, yet some people claim Hazard is one of the greatest Premier League players of all time. 

If you remove penalties from the equasion, Firmino will have the better record. 

1 minute ago, MegadriveMan said:

That's sort of the point. Hazard and Firmino are of a similar level, yet some people claim Hazard is one of the greatest Premier League players of all time. 

I thought it proved Firmino was one of the greatest Premier League players of all time.