You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

On 05/08/2020 at 08:24, Doctor Troy said:

Didnt the owner of Dan Tanas originally come from Yugoslavia, now Croatia (the area he came from). Or am i getting this mixed up with Musso and Frank's place?.

That's the guy. I didn't even really learn that until the other day, honestly never would've expected him to be Yugoslavian.

1 minute ago, Saintslfc13 said:

That's the guy. I didn't even really learn that until the other day, honestly never would've expected him to be Yugoslavian.

I went to Dan Tanas in 1997. He was there but I also thought some other eastern European fella managed Musso and Frank's so got the two mixed up. 

One of Musso and Frank's long serving bar staff died last year.

Maybe for Juventus to actually win the CL, they should NOT win Serie A. Considering their decades of dominance in Italy and the sheer quality of players they've had to call upon, only winning the CL twice in all that time is a paltry return. The two years they did win it, they lost the league title to Verona and Milan respectively.

36 minutes ago, Thoth said:

This Madrid team are finished, need an overhaul, all areas are shite

As much as the players aren’t up to it, that defeat is totally on zidane 

He’s got zero tactical knowledge, he’s lucky that finished 2-1

7 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

I don't normally watch other football other than lower league but fuck my that was shit; both teams were terrible both attacking and defending

I switched over to bt3 and saw an aussie rules football match. It was completely fucking bonkers. 

2 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

They're going to win it, made my peace with it now, fuck them, got the one we wanted, let's get big ears back next year!

I dont think it's a given. They lost 9 times in the PL this season. Discounting us, they lost to the likes of Norwich, Wolves, united, Spurs etc. 2 of those sides are slugging it out in Europe's 2nd Division and Norwich as we all know, got relegated.

They won tonight down to 2 dreadful mistakes by Real. Not saying Real would have gone through without those by a long chalk but Bayern, PSG and Atletico would all give them a game.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I dont think it's a given. They lost 9 times in the PL this season. Discounting us, they lost to the likes of Norwich, Wolves, united, Spurs etc. 2 of those sides are slugging it out in Europe's 2nd Division and Norwich as we all know, got relegated.

They won tonight down to 2 dreadful mistakes by Real. Not saying Real would have gone through without those by a long chalk but Bayern, PSG and Atletico would all give them a game.

Bayern are the standout team in the competition right now, I've only watched them a couple of times but they were ruthless and didn't seem at all bothered by a lack of fans present. Whoever beats them I'm sure will win it, otherwise it's there for them. 

7 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

PSG are shite, Atletico are shite (bogey team for us but otherwise shite!), Bayern may give them a game but I still reckon City will have them! There's fuck all else to worry them, they'll shit Lyon! Honestly mate, I'll be stunned if they don't win it (I'll be made up if they don't like, lottery win cunts!).

6 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

I'm not convinced either, single leg straight knockout rounds now, everyone left in the competition will fancy their chances. It's far more of a lottery than the usual two legged affairs.

I fucking hate Guardiola, in a way I never hated Ferguson.

He’s such a spoilt little princess.

Ive not seen it but I guarantee he said something along the lines of ‘it was in moments of purity from my players that have performed miracles to overcome this great Madrid team. We had belief in the group, in the team, in the philosophy we cherish. Each of those players transcended football tonight to become more than football, more than sport, more than mortals. I’d like to thank them, they made this victory, the most special of my life, tonight and it will always be known as the pinnacle of football’ 

Two mistakes ya bald cunt.

• Upvote 1