You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

36 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Bollocks, would rather have seen Brentford up!

Me too! A few weeks ago, they looked like they were going to pip West Brom at the post when they won 7 or 8 consecutive games before they lost to Stoke and Barnsley. Keeper with a right howler for the first tonight as well after looking good in the games Ive seen.

I wanted Brentford to come up once Forest missed out on the playoffs on the final day. I don't have any ties to either club (although apparently Dan Tana, who founded one of the more famous restaurants in Hollywood, used to sit on the board at Brentford), but I'm a fan of history and we've certainly got one with Forest. Brentford was just new, as I said last week I'm tired of Swansea and I don't really like Fulham either for that matter. Would've been fine with Cardiff I suppose.

Having said that, I knew they were fucked when I got the stream on 14 minutes into the first half of extra time and Fulham were lining up that freekick. Just knew it was going in. Oh well.

Arsenal have announced they are proposing 55 staff redundancies as the coronavirus pandemic continues to negatively impact the Gunners' finances.  In a statement made by the club's sporting and financial chiefs Raúl Sanllehi and Vinai Venkatesham on Wednesday, the north London club admitted that these cuts are necessary in order to make sure the club 'operates in a sustainable and responsible way'. Sanllehi and Venkatesham confirmed that investment in the first-team squad is a priority for the club and that a 30-day consultation period will begin on the redundancies.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/05/arsenal-plan-55-redundancies-to-enable-us-to-continue-to-invest-in-the-team-impact-covid-19-revenue

Meanwhile lesser clubs laugh and talk of huge transfer windows and a new stadium. 

13 hours ago, Saintslfc13 said:

I wanted Brentford to come up once Forest missed out on the playoffs on the final day. I don't have any ties to either club (although apparently Dan Tana, who founded one of the more famous restaurants in Hollywood, used to sit on the board at Brentford), but I'm a fan of history and we've certainly got one with Forest. Brentford was just new, as I said last week I'm tired of Swansea and I don't really like Fulham either for that matter. Would've been fine with Cardiff I suppose.

Having said that, I knew they were fucked when I got the stream on 14 minutes into the first half of extra time and Fulham were lining up that freekick. Just knew it was going in. Oh well.

Didnt the owner of Dan Tanas originally come from Yugoslavia, now Croatia (the area he came from). Or am i getting this mixed up with Musso and Frank's place?.

Cunt's trick from Arsenal, that. Kicking 55 employees onto the street and then wording the statement to basically say "you fans want BiG sIgNiNgZ, so in effect, these redundancies are on you." 55 £50k p.a. salaries works out at less than £3m. Unless they're shopping in 1998 then I can't see how this is going to alter their transfer plans much.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Johnlj said:

Read a few weeks back about their agent-led transfers in the future. That won't end well in the long run. 

Sacking scouts all over Europe. Maybe they've bought Football Manager and an editor. Cheaper that's for sure. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12014133/liverpool-spend-30-3m-on-agent-fees-to-lead-premier-league-clubs

Premier League leaders Liverpool paid the most to agents for a third successive year

8 minutes ago, aRdja said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12014133/liverpool-spend-30-3m-on-agent-fees-to-lead-premier-league-clubs

Premier League leaders Liverpool paid the most to agents for a third successive year

What has that got to do with Arsenal dismantling their scouting network in favour of agent-led transfers where players are recommended by agents?

We do our own scouting. We pay agents to negotiate deals once the player we want has been identified, not to scout players for us in the first place.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

What has that got to do with Arsenal dismantling their scouting network in favour of agent-led transfers where players are recommended by agents?

We do our own scouting. We pay agents to negotiate deals once the player we want has been identified, not to scout players for us in the first place.

It’d be a bit of both I’d say, and this is Arsenal trying to copy our model.