You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

10 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Was thinking the exact same. Pointless winning streaks in the race for fourth when other teams had already won the league. First game with something approaching pressure and it gets to them. 

Is right!

Guest Pistonbroke
41 minutes ago, niallers said:

I saw a stat the other day that said united have only won 7 times in the last 18 months in games where they weren't awarded a penalty. Is that right? It sounds right given the amount they fucking get!

Nailed on that Anthony Taylor gets the gig for their meeting with Leicester. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, speaking to Sky Sports: "It was the worst time to concede a goal but it happens in football. We have won so many games in that way. It is all part of the learning for this team. You think you have three points in the bag but we probably didn't deserve three points today.

"Southampton are a good team, they run, and run and chase. We never got into our rhythm today. We played some fantastic football at times. The two goals we scored were very, very good. It was just one of those days where we did not take our chances and they took theirs."

--------------------

They created more chances than you and had more on target you window licking cunt. 

I think the word you're looking for at the end of that sentence is 'jamook'

It's just a muscle memory thing. For years, I read Dave's reports, and any time he mentioned 'Joe Cole, the window licking jamook', the word association was only reinforced, so that it now comes automatically.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

Feck that, to coin a phrase. You have the love the pious way that Red Café and GOT don't permit swearing. Won't someone please think of the children? And that thread is best thing about that result last night, for the optimal outcome* at this stage is for Man Utd to finish in the top four.

Come back, hear me out! With the northern oil cheats back in the Champions League, that leaves two places to be divided up between the Mancs, the southern oil cheats, and Brodge's heroes. There is a high probability that the Mancs will qualify for the CL via the Europa League, which means it would be better for them to squeeze Chelsea out. All moot seeing as Brodge and co are in freefall, but we can hope.

*It should go without saying that I'm discounting the fact that we are already living in the world with the 'optimal outcome:'

4876jl.jpg

2 hours ago, deiseach said:

Feck that, to coin a phrase. You have the love the pious way that Red Café and GOT don't permit swearing. Won't someone please think of the children? And that thread is best thing about that result last night, for the optimal outcome* at this stage is for Man Utd to finish in the top four.

Come back, hear me out! With the northern oil cheats back in the Champions League, that leaves two places to be divided up between the Mancs, the southern oil cheats, and Brodge's heroes. There is a high probability that the Mancs will qualify for the CL via the Europa League, which means it would be better for them to squeeze Chelsea out. All moot seeing as Brodge and co are in freefall, but we can hope.

*It should go without saying that I'm discounting the fact that we are already living in the world with the 'optimal outcome:'

4876jl.jpg

If we beat Chelsea then Wolves can over take them by winning their 3 games. Leicester and Wolves is the ideal scenario for me, followed by Utd and Leicester or Wolves. Although in reality it doesn't matter, Frank and Ole are 10 years behind Klopp and Guardiola. 

3 minutes ago, suzy said:

I saw that on SSN, brilliant. I didn’t realise he was a Liverpool fan until a couple of weeks ago. He was hilarious in his post match interview, I thought Sky were going to cut him off but they didn’t!

To be that big and still play at an high level (for the average Joe) is impressive.