You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

36 minutes ago, Anubis said:

If City get off the CL ban then FFP is dead in the water. The Saudi’s will be in at Newcastle. If Usmanov is waiting in the shadows at Everton he may as well step out because if the only consequence of a serious FFP breach is a financial penalty, then there really isn’t a consequence for the  super rich owners. We’ll have done well to get another CL and League Title under our belt.

It's not as if they have just deliberately breached the rules, they have then lied and covered up the breaches and threatened to wrap up the enforcing authorities in litigation for years. If that behavior doesn't get heavily penalised then the whole thing has been a nonsense from the beginning. 

I'll save my outrage for when there's something concrete. A few journos ran with City likely being exonerated before the UEFA ruling too, and it came purely out of City's overconfidence.

If FFP dies, then the pan-European breakaway league inches closer, and City et al will be left smashing Wolves and Spurs to titles in a meaningless contest. It's in their own interests to find a middle ground.

14 minutes ago, aws said:

It's not as if they have just deliberately breached the rules, they have then lied and covered up the breaches and threatened to wrap up the enforcing authorities in litigation for years. If that behavior doesn't get heavily penalised then the whole thing has been a nonsense from the beginning. 

A technicality on how the evidence was obtained would be how they get out of it.

15 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I'll save my outrage for when there's something concrete. A few journos ran with City likely being exonerated before the UEFA ruling too, and it came purely out of City's overconfidence.

Agreed.

1 minute ago, Stickman said:

At least some are happy 

Gary Savage

@sav4efc

So looks like City are gonna be exonerated of all allegations against them. I wonder which club and fanbase will take the news worst

Im guessing he means united seeing as they'll miss out on qualifying for the CL by being 5th in the PL?!

2 minutes ago, Stickman said:

At least some are happy 

Gary Savage

@sav4efc

So looks like City are gonna be exonerated of all allegations against them. I wonder which club and fanbase will take the news worst

United - of course.

Second best in their own town.

We have already seen off anything City can conjure.

8 minutes ago, Stickman said:

At least some are happy 

Gary Savage

@sav4efc

Is an Everton fan still trying make non Liverpool news stories about us. We've already qualified for the champions league and the success city can now buy once again unimpeded, we've just achieved. Champions league and league winners. 

You can find every club fans reactions online be very selective and paint whatever picture you want because the whole point of football forums is people talking about football. 

5 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Is an Everton fan still trying make non Liverpool news stories about us. We've already qualified for the champions league and the success city can now buy once again unimpeded, we've just achieved. Champions league and league winners. 

You can find every club fans reactions online be very selective and paint whatever picture you want because the whole point of football forums is people talking about football. 

And the same fanbase moan like fuck when a non Liverpool story is turned into a story about LFC 

12 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

If FFP dies, then the pan-European breakaway league inches closer, and City et al will be left smashing Wolves and Spurs to titles in a meaningless contest. It's in their own interests to find a middle ground.

How is this European super league thing going to work anyway? Teams flying out every weekend to a European capital to play a game! Not too practical if you ask me.

Imagine if Newcastle are bought. Their wealth dwarfs citys. Unlimited spending. Be interesting to see it all unfold during the transfer window at the very least. 

If UEFA lose then it's going to become a circus, just watch the spectacle until it all becomes so uncompetitive you turn over.

1 hour ago, therevivalist said:

How is this European super league thing going to work anyway? Teams flying out every weekend to a European capital to play a game! Not too practical if you ask me.

My wife would love the away trips. 

Mind you if she had her way it would be more Orient Express than Transalpino. 

I hate the idea of a super league. I mean I don't feel in any way English, but I just like the traditional do well in your native league-qualify for Europe routine and then the trips especially when you get a team you haven't played before from somewhere in eastern europe. However, the level of knobheads knocking around the country  that came to the fore with their Liverpool void banter make me think fuck this I'm quite happy playing Barca this week and Bayern the next.

A lot to iron out though. Will footballers who play in the league be banned from playing for their national team. Also, will there be a means for clubs like say Celtic or Ajax to get into the league, or even other clubs from smaller countries. They probably need to have a 2nd super league to allow for promotion from the 1st division and allow a certain number of clubs come in. I would imagine there isn't a hope the Scottish Football Association let Celtic fuck off and play in it and then come back if they got relegated from it, let alone UEFA though.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Imagine if Newcastle are bought. Their wealth dwarfs citys. Unlimited spending. Be interesting to see it all unfold during the transfer window at the very least. 

If UEFA lose then it's going to become a circus, just watch the spectacle until it all becomes so uncompetitive you turn over.

I expect City's owners, Pep and their fans would be the first to whinge.