You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

29 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Anyone else just watch the Liverpool European Cup documentary on ITV? Reminded me that Liverpool Football Club meant everything to my younger self. Having not been back to the city in more than a decade, it also reminded me just how much I miss the place. Boss!

Just watching it now on ITV +1, bloody marvellous. It was my life until I met my missus and my kids were born. I wish I could leave it behind as it's too stressful but the pull is too great. I don't go anymore, but I can't make that final separation!

Edit - 1981 Bayern Munich semi just been on, saw a Huyton Baddys flag, awesome!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Anyone else just watch the Liverpool European Cup documentary on ITV? Reminded me that Liverpool Football Club meant everything to my younger self. Having not been back to the city in more than a decade, it also reminded me just how much I miss the place. Boss!

I thought it was a really good programme and brought back a lot of happy memories and it was also great they showed bits of highlights and celebrations and not just the goals.

It must be weird for a lot of fans over the last 30 years growing up and supporting the club hoping and praying they can win a trophy yet when I grew up it was just the "norm" that LFC were the beat team not only in England but Europe too...And to be fair you did take it for granted that it would go on forever because why wouldn't it ?

It was also nice to see when asked if Bob gets the recognition he deserves for winning three European Cups "Thommo immediately said "no he doesn't" which is true especially when he only had seven pops at it and not 20 odd like other managers.

Also even if we didn't know it already that programme and when he was interviewed last week over the title win shows how much Souness really does love the club and I know he fucked up but don't we all in our life. 

Oh and what great commentators were Davis and Moore when you compare it to the sycophantic shite the likes of Tyler come out with today 

• Upvote 1